Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im with Ad,

wake up to yourself there is plenty around these days, just because an albino is cheap doesnt mean it has feeding problems or is going to die! you will be forced to sell them cheap unless what you are producing is anything different from whats available.

No you are quite correct nathancl cheap doesn't necessarily mean there is something wrong with them it does however encourage clowns to buy them, cheap animals will encourage people to try and mass produce animals in conditions that are not maintained hygenically, which is already happening , causing very quickly what I mentioned above made in Thailand 20 cent pythons that don't work. Mine are not bought as an investment just something I really wanted, and others would do the same if people weren't breeding animals they have no intention of caring for and so selling them cheap. Take the time to look at my animals and you will see mine are something different.

cheers
Scott

As has been said cheap does not equal low quality animals...I have purchased very high quality and in demand animals off well known breeders for ridiculously cheap prices (purely because they are good people!)

To those that say they won't sell their albinos for under $2000 when the going price is under $1000 - would you prefer to sell them at the going rate to those that want them OR would you rather hold onto a whole clutch that you have to feed and house purely because you can't get rid of them at 'your' price?

i agree with ad... good luck to those who believe they'll be selling albinos for 2K each this season... i will be amazed! they'll likely get to 1200 rather quickly and i know some people will be selling considerably cheaper again. price does not have anything to do with the quality of breeder. if somebody wants an inflated price because they have a big head and believe they are better then others, they need to get over themselves! aniamsl are and always will be only worth what someone is willing to pay. if i sell animals cheap it does not mean that they are sick, diseased, bad feeders etc, nor does it mean that i desperately need to move them or want to drop prices... it may be that im happy to get the cheaper price because unlike ALOT of people (who actually claime they aren't in it for money, although it generally seems to be their number 1 concern) i really dont mind if i dont get top dollar. as long as the animals i produce find suitable homes with people that will get the enjoyment out of keeping them that i do.

I think it will be interesting to see how many are breed this year and the prices they (albino Darwins) go for.
Just because someone see's a low priced animal or knows someone who picked up a cheap bargain doesn't really reveal the true market. There is still a large void to be filled by albino darwins with a hell of a lot of people wanting them.

Any one with animals breeding this year bought from hatchlings2.5 yr ago paid a lot of money. Selling the offspring cheap will be a kick in the guts. You took the risk , the gamble, your doing the work necessary to breed them, why sell off cheap.

Theres a lot of people on here that talk them down because they want some without the effort that others have had to put in.

As has been said cheap does not equal low quality animals...I have purchased very high quality and in demand animals off well known breeders for ridiculously cheap prices (purely because they are good people!)

To those that say they won't sell their albinos for under $2000 when the going price is under $1000 - would you prefer to sell them at the going rate to those that want them OR would you rather hold onto a whole clutch that you have to feed and house purely because you can't get rid of them at 'your' price?
very well said , i think the next few years will be very interesting in the whole albino world .

Hi Mattsnake the simple answer is yes I will keep them, I have family and friends who want them, I have orders for some already at $2000, as Cement said a couple of cheap snakes isn't an indication of the market, and I agree a lot of people are trying to push that way and talk them down because they don't want to do the work, and I don't want my pythons in the hands of people who won't appreciate what they have. You are lucky you know someone who needed to move some high quality animals and got them cheap. Quality pythons don't come from a factory.

Cheers
Scott

basically my veiw is that with out high prices the up and coming herpers (kids just starting) have nothing to look forward too or dream about because unlike the rest of us who started from the bottom with childrens and skinks,they will go straight into a albino or green ( and yes at a low price no matter what you say they will be lower quality!)

Pfffft! A great great many keepers are not like us that want to have a collection. They just want one snake to keep like a gold fish. Something to look pretty in the lounge room. The majority of keepers don't care if their animal is hypo, hyper or if they have more reptiles than the next person. Besides that there are heaps of other things to look forward to other than joining that elite albino/hyper/granite/jag/tiger stripe club.

If you really beleive that the hobby has a vested interest in keeping the prices on certain animals out-of-reach for the average herper then do something about it! Stop churning out your 'dream' reptiles and reduce the supply, cause remember supply divided by demand equals market price.

basically my veiw is that with out high prices the up and coming herpers (kids just starting) have nothing to look forward too or dream about because unlike the rest of us who started from the bottom with childrens and skinks,they will go straight into a albino or green ( and yes at a low price no matter what you say they will be lower quality!)

I think there will still be things to look forward to. The hobby is changing fairly rapidly, and there will always be a new more expensive trend. And for the younger herpers.... who's mum is going to buy that a $2000 green or albino anyway? I wish mine would!

I think Ads is right they are comming down fast, there is no need to get upset about it just wait and see.

Haha i can't get over the arrogance of your views.

People should dream to have what i have because mine are worth more money :rolleyes:.
I'm keeping my prices high for the sake of the children, for the children dammit! *vomits in mouth*
It's not fair! I had to wait 30 years walking bare foot for ten miles through the snow before i got a green python, you kids have it too easy these days. *crosses arms and pouts*

I really don't see how the price could ever possibly be expected to stay high?? Hardy python that breeds easily producing a large clutch size. Don't have to be a rocket scientist to crunch the numbers :/

starting from the bottom made alot of us what we are today in the herping community and i would never change that even if i had the chance to do it over.

why did Greens and others stay high for so long?
I really don't see how the price could ever possibly be expected to stay high?? Hardy python that breeds easily producing a large clutch size. Don't have to be a rocket scientist to crunch the numbers :/

l personally think a couple of points have been overlooked on the reason as to why Albino Darwins are coming down in price...one person controlled these who is a clever marketeer who asks premium prices, now in the first release [to the public] only females were released, thus the best you could hope for was one clutch as opposed to releasing males that could cover several females and you still only have hets...which definately prolonged the roll-out to great advantage of the original breeder, but l do feel already there are a few [very nice]mutations and decisive colour patterns forming already, so quality and unusual patterns will attract higher than usual/normal prices.....cheers solar 17 [Baden]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back