Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did take a bit of creative development in coming up with my last post lol.

C'mon mate your post wreaked of arrogance, you said that in your view people should aspire to own the expensive animals and you are some how doing the future of this hobby a favor by keeping your prices high... For the children. ROFL!

I have a sneaking suspicion that you have a differnt motive for wanting to keep the prices high but if your comment is your true POV. Then lol, just lol.

well said!,mate that is what you got out of what i said! its not what i was meaning

There's alot of reasons, but i would assume that the biggest reasons were the problems with incubating and getting neonates established (i haven't bred greens but i do know folk who do).

BUT when they were available in good numbers.... Guess what happened... Go on guess.

why did Greens and others stay high for so long?

Well Scotty all I can say is good luck to you mate, and if you'll be getting $2000 a snake this season than you are doing much better than most. On the comment about me being lucky to get quality animals for cheap because they 'needed' to be moved on....they didn't 'need' to be moved on at all, it's just nice to have mates in the hobby that aren't out there to scrape every dollar out of you.

Don't have to be a rocket scientist to crunch the numbers :/

That's good that someone is qualified to crunch the numbers, make predictions and constantly talk the prices down. You lot are elite, you know that?
The rest of us are busy looking our reptiles, researching their biology and restlessly aiming to improve captive husbandry. Each to their own. Art critics are also being tolerated in our society.

Mattsnake as I said lucky though, quality pythons take time and effort to produce, nothing leaves here that is sub standard. My friends and family can look forward to cheap pythons as well, if people don't want to pay what they are worth. People pay thousands of dollars for dogs and birds, travel half way around the country to pick them up, are pythons somehow different.

cheers
Scott

That's good that someone is qualified to crunch the numbers, make predictions and constantly talk the prices down. You lot are elite, you know that?
The rest of us are busy looking our reptiles, researching their biology and restlessly aiming to improve captive husbandry. Each to their own. Art critics are also being tolerated in our society.

wow waterrat i would have got a pm in my inbox from fay for insulting members if i posted that!

Pythons are no different to anything else, there are people that complain in every hobby and the price drops in every hobby too. It always comes back those two words 'supply' & 'demand'... I have bred fish and birds and have seen it happen.....I don't breed to make money, I keep animals because I enjoy them, my mates that are waiting for me to breed certain animals that I have can look forward to getting them for next to nothing.
People can whinge about prices dropping all they want but it isn't going to change anything...however the ones whinging are usually the ones that are in it for the money.

Price Drop....Hey you people show me one item/thing/whatever that cant be haggled down a bit or isn't reduced.... absolute prime quality items in life are the only items that are holding close to their original mark/price its our society in general thats feeling the pinch.....times are getting tuff not just our hobby....cheers solar 17 [Baden]

wow waterrat i would have got a pm in my inbox from fay for insulting members if i posted that!

Why? Is it off the topic? lol

Mate, just step outside the square and look at the number of hits on this thread (over 1800 or so). How does it compare to the number of posters? What does it tell you? There is about 1780 people interested in reptiles who don't give a rat's a.... about out waffling and number crunching. There is another mob out there, those who never go near reptile forums. I know many of them and some of them are very respected herpetologists, breeders, keepers, etc.. Do you still think that your scientific number crunching is going to have any effect or influence on what goes on in the real world?

It's a market like any other. But I really don't care enough to argue, was just giving my view.

I am not whinging Mattsnake merely stating my case, I breed pythons for my pleasure not profit as I said earlier I don't want my pythons in the hands of people that don't value them. People wanting to talk the price down are really not interested in the animals IMO.

cheers
Scott

if your not willing to pay higher prices over lower prices you dont value your animals nor deserve them.

if your not willing to pay higher prices over lower prices you dont value your animals nor deserve them.

I am not whinging Mattsnake merely stating my case, I breed pythons for my pleasure not profit as I said earlier I don't want my pythons in the hands of people that don't value them. People wanting to talk the price down are really not interested in the animals IMO.

cheers
Scott

thats a bit like saying "if you're not willing ot pay 100 bucks for a sandwich you dont like food and therefor deserve to starve" if sandwiches were all going at 100 bucks then fair enough, but if most sangas go for $5 then its reasonable to ask "what is so special about this sanga that you feel you can sell it for $100? when joe jimmy down the road there has great sangas for $5".
It costs about 80 bucks to get a blue tongue and i know many people with them who adore the hell out of em, so i dont understand this argument of "if you wont pay $1000 for an MD then you must not like MD's and if you try haggle you obviously dont care about them" the only sense i get is that not only does this person want a snake enough to appear cheap to you but he's also frugle enough to ensure he can go on providing care for it.

Sye

...however the ones whinging are usually the ones that are in it for the money.[/QUOTE]

I don't quite agree on this. I believe the ones who don't have the motivation, the love, the attentiveness to detail, or the straight out ability to be able to afford, or take the personal risk at having a go are the ones who whine!!

EMPTY VESSELS MAKE THE MOST NOISE!!

There albino daewins on another site now
$1000ea,
see how quik they sell.
I think its great for the hobby that prices are coming down,
theres heap of people only in this hobby for the money,
if you realy love keeping herps,the prices shouldnt bother you.
It doesnt bother me,i dont keep more then i can afford to keep,
so i dont need rely on sales to keep my herps going,
when my snakes breed in the next 12 months,
which will be murrys,i will more then likley take them
to the herp society and give them to some youg herpers,
but thats just me.

lol i was just taking the mickey with my last comment i didnt actually believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back