Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason,just a good guess but that looks to me like a Palmerston line bred by J Montgomery...top notch "TRUE BLACK AND GOLDS"i have a clutch from a pair from the same line incubating if it is that line and the male is very similar to the one advertised??Some pics i have seen of Tully jungles have been very very bright yellow to gold to ivory.Believe it or not true black and golds with locality info certainly do exist and like your Tully animals people have been breeding different locality animals for several genarations also from Palmerston animals and various other localities.Being multi generation animals the main reason people do line breed is to better colour hence the higher price tag for top notch jungles most no bigger than 5 foot, so your Tullys being 4th generation should show some good colour but you will stil find a huge varience in the offspring from juvenile to adult pattern and colour and still can and will throw not so stunning animals.Do you have any pics of the line your Tullys are coming from at al Jason?

Thanks zen i have been interested in the black and whites for quite some time now and luckily got her about a year ago.The small Tully i'm also led to believe is locality pure.One thing i've noticed from many pics etc of Tullys is that most don't have very solid black at all ,as you can see the little one has hardly any black whereas Palmerstons from bottom to top of the range tend to have nice solid black or a very jet black which will always have some ground colour in the black...if you do your homework and have a good look around you will trace down pure locality bred animals if that's what youu're after they are out there...cheers

i have a pic of the father of the babies im getting, the parents are 5-6 yrs so have lost most of their colour, but show a pretty nice pattern, im actually going to see the parents tomorro, the pic i have isnt that good cause it is scanned from a photo, i will see what i can get.

The small Tully i'm also led to believe is locality pure.
Thanks for that Browns.

That being the case I'm very tempted to get a Tully Jungle. I love that look.

...if you do your homework and have a good look around you will trace down pure locality bred animals if that's what you're after they are out there...

That's very encouraging news mate. You've renewed my faith in Jungles.

Purism is probably old-fashioned but it's a personal choice.

Thanks & cheers, john

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back