Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
soulweaver said:
They weren't mites. It was the substrate in the display cage. I knows these albinos, and have seen them a number of times. I also saw them after the expo when everyone had left and the albino was being bagged for the journey home.

and its still being bagged..... boom boom!

oh it never ends.

peterescue said:
The thing about mites though, the eggs can be promoted to hatch by transporting them by plane for some reason. Pick up your new pets that have shown no mite infestation and whammo, next morning the little bastardos are lining up for breakfast.
Must be something about pressure increase and decrease.

I suppose that would account for the many 'it was fine when it left here' I've heard of, touch wood it's never happened to me.

Maybe the mites realised they were in Melbourne and came out of the woodwork in a desparate attempt to get home!

:p

Hix

IMO the next expo should be held in sydney, as it seems that most of the people that frequent this site are from Vic, NSW and QLD.

Sydney is the half way point!!!!!!!!

Hix said:
Maybe the mites realised they were in Melbourne and came out of the woodwork in a desparate attempt to get home!

:p

Hix

or because they realised they finally HAD come home ;)

The DVD Venoumus on taipans and tiger snakes is great, there should be more of them was worth going to the expo just to buy them

DrOsteo said:
IMO the next expo should be held in sydney, as it seems that most of the people that frequent this site are from Vic, NSW and QLD.

Hey.........yeah.........yay (someone shouts).............i'll be there (someone else shouts).............what a good idea!............

........Brilliant! An expo in sydney! Brilliant!

IMO the next expo should be held in sydney
The next Sydney expo has been booked and is in the process of being organised for around march next year. It's coming from the same people that did 'Wild Expo' so expect it to be absolutely massive.

maybe a stupid question, but i am unfamiliar with "wild expo". only new to this herp scene.

what is/was wild expo? what stuff was it showing? how long did it run for? etc?

Mites

Gunnie101 said:
hugsta said:
Mites on an albino, either your seeing things or someone needs a good kick up the behind for allowing an animal like that to have mites for one and letting get into the show in that condition for another. Very poor either way, unless you weren't wearing your glasses... ;-) :D

OzBoy does have a point about the vet check, the Albino carpet at the Artificial rock backround display clearly had highly mobile back dots running around. If they were not mites what were they ?

I also travelled from interstate & wanted to buy as well so it was a disappointment not being able to, if the displayer had a license & I had a license for that species you would think that there would some way to do the transfer considering the amount of wildlife officers present.

Again not a complaint just a observation, I loved the day & will attend the next one. Well done to the organisers.

Jason

Like I said in a previous post. I did'nt see any mites. If you saw them did you bring it to the attention of the owner or did you walk away? If I had an animal with mites I would appreciate it if people alerted me. 8) JMO

dvd

pauken said:
The DVD Venoumus on taipans and tiger snakes is great, there should be more of them was worth going to the expo just to buy them

Can't agree more. If anyone has not seen this you have to get. :p

Now why would the VHS hold an expo in Sydney. It was hard enough staging it in their own state ;-)

DrOsteo said:

dvd

shamous1 said:
pauken said:

Can't agree more. If anyone has not seen this you have to get. :p

I think the Taipan DVD is one of the best of the Barefoot bushman series. (I was lucky enough to get the whole set for Christmas.) The other one that really appeals to me is the Soloman the croc DVD because it just oozes Aussie herp history while telling such a real and touching story.

I think Rob Bredl is easily the best of the of the Aussie Herp media personalities. He always tells a good yarn and always leaves you with a much greater understanding of the species he is providing an insight to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back