Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ssssnakeman said:
g.bangers or budgie smugglers moose??which stall was selling lingerie
pics or it didnt happen

I picked up a set of both Bazz :D I find the G-bangers too cold for this time of year, whereas the ol' reg grundies help keep those winter goosebumps at bay ;) As for the photos, I thought this was a child friendly site? :lol: :p

Magpie said:
Yes they would, that is what reptile exhibitiors are required to do and it would be unfair on them to make an exception for everyone else for one day.
You also cannot buy from interstate as DSE(?) was not issuing export permits on the day I believe.

Well, that would be one nasty cost then per animal, are these import/exports $20 each like some other states?

i dont get it... i thought that the reason people were so excited about the expo was cause the interstate people would be able to buy on the day..... thats what made it so special... cos it had never been done before... but now i hear that exporting on the day wasnt even allowed... *shakes her head* i'm confused...
Megz

I flew from SA for the day and I think it was well worth it, I stayed for the hole day and had a great time even at the end of the day I was seeing stuff I haden't noticed before. I finally met some of APS members face to face and alot of other people as well. Can't wait for next year I think it will just get bigger and better.
Well done to all who made it happen.

:D I have just a few photos taken while things were getting set up before the doors opened....and then some taken during the expo....We were pretty busy so hard to get away to take pix...I am sure you will recognize a few of the APS members in some photos... :wink: :D

Well done Guys and Girls of the VHS.
Very much enjoyed the day, only one dissapointment, and I know it was nothing to do with the VHS, but us Elapid freaks were left out in the cold. Oh well thems the breaks.

Overseas where they hold big expos like daytona, they use two venues. One for the pythons, and one for ht elapids.

the elapid halls are almost empty, and the python hall is booming with people.

for those who wanted elapids, is just to have a look? in which case we could have some demonstrations, or is this to buy?

BargainBucket said:
I think it will be difficult for interstate breeders to be of any competition to the melbourne ones that do participate next expo, as with all the regulations set by the DEC's of each states it will be very expensive, if not completely illegal for interstate breeders to be able to show any of their stock on the tables. The advantage of being able to bring your stock and show every single one for sale to potential buyers that melbourne breeders have is a huge advantage over only being able to bring the parents or even just photos. With all the rules the DEC's might impose, it might not seem worth it at all for interstaters. Where is the VHS going to stand on these possibilities?

Anyone?

Interstae breeders would need to get their act together well in advance to get the movement permits to attend events like this. Apart from that I dont see an impediment there Sherm.

Not that easy peter, you need to have a Vic licence to start with. Then you need to export from home state to your Vic licence as you cross the border (if driving through several states, you need to hold the appropriate licence). You could sell them off from your Vic licence assuming they have no 6 month rule there, but then you need to get permits to export everything you are ringing back to your homes state.
It would actually be far easier for the to "sell" the reptiles they want to take to someone in Vic then "buy" them back afterwards and freight them via AAE.

Interstate vendors were actually being issued with a temporary demonstrators licence for the day. The only issue is/was discussing with their relevant departments a way in which they could bring their animals down just for the day - they would have to return home with the same amount as they came with but could arrange a sale while here. The benefit for both vendors and buyers is that instead of buying an animal based on a picture, people could actually see in the flesh what they were paying for...still a pretty good deal I reckon. Perhaps next year we'll be able to work out a way in which they can sell animals on the day (ie: animals leave their posession) but we'll have to wait and see for that one! ;)

:D :D :wink: one thing I would like to comment on was how keen everyone seemed to be on helping one another with setting up their exhibits/stalls!!! and afterwards during the expo itself! It was like we were one big team working towards having the public enjoy their day! Some of us were strangers at the beginning, but by the end of the day we were friends! :D All very special I feel!

and bex thanx again for your input on beardie food. I learnt something new from you and appreciate it! Your greeting cards have been and will be a BIG hit! They are gorgeous! :wink:

Seriously if we can all work together like that, it shows we all have one thing in common, sharing the love of herps! I am really looking forward to next year!

I know of at least one interstate vendor who is very much hoping to find a common sense way through all the red tape their state put in the way of bringing down and selling animals by the time the next expo comes around.

Of all the states the regulations for Queensland seem currently to be the most conducive to exporting animals for such an event.

What is really required here is a new class of export/import permit to fascilitate an event such as the expo. When the regulations were put in place (for all states) I don't think an expo or similar requirement was on the horizon. Now that the expo is a happening thing perhaps the regulations will be able to be adjusted. Just to hold the expo the Victorian deparment worked out how to be accomodating and stay within the laws.

(I would be curious for any comments from Jeff Hardy on this question.)

kendrick4life said:
p.s .. who was that total glamour with the accent walking around getting pics taken with snakes around her!! she was 10/10!!

The one with the Canadian accent?

That would be wife Judy - aka Trader ;-) She is definitely 10 out of 10!!!

There could not be another could there? There was that Tara chick, she is kinda cute also ;-)

Magpie said:
Not that easy peter, you need to have a Vic licence to start with. Then you need to export from home state to your Vic licence as you cross the border (if driving through several states, you need to hold the appropriate licence). You could sell them off from your Vic licence assuming they have no 6 month rule there, but then you need to get permits to export everything you are ringing back to your homes state.
It would actually be far easier for the to "sell" the reptiles they want to take to someone in Vic then "buy" them back afterwards and freight them via AAE.

So, you apply for a vic license, using the address you'll be staying at while attending the show. Fix up your import export permits. That takes care of travelling through other states, You dont need them to fly over and you dont need them to drive through.
You arent taking anything back home unless you buy something yourself so whats the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back