Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just gonna go bush and take on the DSE, the fines and gaol terms. I'm not going to pay 10k for a snake ;) I'm gonna get a breeding couple for free! :lol: Biggest hurdle will be the missus! hehehe

re GTP

ErisKSC said:
Good on Pails and Weigal!

Both of them love these animals and are doing it to make them available in the community, i can't wait to get my hands on a r.s.p, and a g.t.p, but the cost keeps me away, for now. But being a patient and rational human i can wait! When i get rich then i can get one, but for now i'm content knowing there are people out there trying to make this hobby better!

So get off there backs with all the 'greedy' talk, it's not like they've discovered the cure for cancer and are selling it to make millions of pain and misery, they had the time, the skills and luck to be in the situation where they could, and i for onje am glad they took the plunge and investedso much time in their respective projects!

CONGRATULATIONS!
Community worker hey,i thought ror was in business to make money,thats really nice thoughtfull considerate stuff,i luv youse all! :D

re GTP

moosenoose said:
I'm just gonna go bush and take on the DSE, the fines and gaol terms. I'm not going to pay 10k for a snake ;) I'm gonna get a breeding couple for free! :lol: Biggest hurdle will be the missus! hehehe
PMSL :lol: See if jetstar has flights to iron range moosey :p

Zoe, would you also invest tens of thousands of dollars, with no guarantee that you would succeed? I very much doubt it! I dont think many of us would, I wouldnt! Even if I only had to invest $10 i couldnt afford it hehe!!

There would be heaps more around and Pure Aussie ones as well as the deemedOz greens if certain people hadn't had their animals confiscated in large numbers.Irwin is sitting on a gold mine there.

Zoe, would you also invest tens of thousands of dollars, with no guarantee that you would succeed? I very much doubt it! I dont think many of us would, I wouldnt! Even if I only had to invest $10 i couldnt afford it hehe!!

No but that's because I don't have tens of thousands of dollars!!! I get the impression that john Weigal is a little better off than I am? :lol:

I don't really care anyway, just explaining where others were coming from :p

personally, if i had greens for sale and they were the true ozy's then i would sell them for no more then 6k each, yer it is still alot, but thats still a hell of a lot of cash at the end of the day for the breeder and as said if people will pay it then why go cheeper, i just thin 10k is radiculous, if he realy does have over a hundred gtps, then in 3-4 yrs when they breed then there will be heeps of them on the market and the prices would have to drop due to the compatition, i just dont think its worth it, but all that said, good on him for being so successful. as for the roughs well i would strongly agree that they will fall in price very fast when they are more readily available and i dont blame him for keeping heeps of them and eventualy selling heeps of offspring for a high price and making as much money as possible, but once again i wouldnt do it. but i would have to say if the market for reptiles grows at much the same rate as the increase in numbers of hatchlings due to breeding, then i cant see a drop in price for many yrs to come, because there will always be the new comers that will be willing to pay, as for me i will pay 5k for a good pair of womas from a good breeder just like i would pay 2500 for a good pair of bhp, even if prices fall the good animals will still fetch a fair price.

Lot of people is to stressed that somebody is making proffit. LOL I personally think that this is nobody's business.

Dount good qualiy bhp' will drop in price for a long time yetimo they are worth more than the prices on them now for such georgeous animals.

There are so many exotic lines of greens around and noobody breeding pure Oz greens that i'm aware of which is what gets me when so many people jump up and down about hybrids etc but would happily pay $%k for a red baby :roll: If Irwin who actually lost the court case where greens were confiscated from someone at least gave half the stock bak the original breeder would be happy.Then there's Irwins Aussies i'm sure he has to which i hope he breeds and the pure Aussie greens which have different colouation and head size to other geographical localities outside of Oz isn't too hard to spot an Oz from an exotic or would you call them crosses/hybrids?

Witht the rsp good luck to him for some people it's not just herps but also business and many put what they make back into their animals.

Does anyone think $6,600 was way too much for albino carpets anyone?

yes, but im not saying that is isnt a great looking snake just think it is a bit pricey, i think 4k would be reasonable (thats the max i would pay) although if it came down to that or a gtp both at 6k it would be hard to choose cause although i think they are expensive, you have to take into consideration that the babys of the albino would probably sell easier cause they are after all much easier to care for and have alomst no special needs, where as a gtp needs much more attantion. also you need two gtp to breed and it is much harder to get a pair of gtp then a pair of carpets even if you crossed the albino with a normal and then bred the babys back with the albino you would easily get more albinos.

How much do you reckon he spends on maintenance like for all his herps and cages and lights?.

Has anyone even stopped to think that the possible reason the price is so high is because most of that money will be going to the tax man??? If it was just a hobby size clutch, and he wasnt selling them out of his business then the price could possibly be at the "usual" 5k. Due to the tax man taking a fair chunk, the only way he can make the "usual" price out of them is to bump them up to almost double the 5k. And as we all know, anything from a hobbiest that is making them over 50k per annum (which wouldnt be that hard from a nice sized clutch) is taxed at a premium rate.

Something to think about anyway.

apple said:
How much do you reckon he spends on maintenance like for all his herps and cages and lights?.

Oh I can tell you that one. Last time I spoke to Roy he said somewhere in the vacinity of 6-7k per month! :shock:

ps: Anyway, like I said, there's some freebies out there in the bush and Im gonna get em!! Who's with me? :lol: ;)

re GTP

BROWNS said:
Dount good qualiy bhp' will drop in price for a long time yetimo they are worth more than the prices on them now for such georgeous animals.

There are so many exotic lines of greens around and noobody breeding pure Oz greens that i'm aware of which is what gets me when so many people jump up and down about hybrids etc but would happily pay $%k for a red baby :roll: If Irwin who actually lost the court case where greens were confiscated from someone at least gave half the stock bak the original breeder would be happy.Then there's Irwins Aussies i'm sure he has to which i hope he breeds and the pure Aussie greens which have different colouation and head size to other geographical localities outside of Oz isn't too hard to spot an Oz from an exotic or would you call them crosses/hybrids?

Witht the rsp good luck to him for some people it's not just herps but also business and many put what they make back into their animals.

Ok yung browneye uncle zulu has granted you a special payrise,someones gotta pay for it so the boa Aztec lines will die in the bum,prices of the browneye line are predicted to rise steadily above the mediocre competition. :D PS Sorry browns i couldnt read parts of it without me glasses yungdude. :(

intereststing browns that steve only has 2 on his licence last time i checked the queensland species management program census.i think the previous one listed 9 pairs.so where have they gone.someone might be nervous...mmm

The comments about the albinos are amazing? Clearly you have not kept them yourself. You can hardly compare them to GTPs which in my opinion is also a nice snake. The albinos have small clutches and seem to have had even smaller clutches this year? Very strange? They are also a little bit difficult in the first few months to get eating steadily. I am just talking about the ones I know off, others might have had different successes. I think $6600 is too little for a rare snake like this! Its all about supply and demand. Keep the numbers low, then you can keep your price up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back