Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After visiting Roys place last year I was awe-struck (is that a word?? It's mine now!! lol)

You're not the first to use it ;)

I've seen the RSP's going for 15k or so. But are they rarer than than the chondros?? Harder to breed?? I'm guessing a mixture of the two.

Easier to breed (according to the only person who has done it) but rarer and probably most importantly, virtually all the animals are held by one person. For once I agree with the mainstream view on a price prediction; I think the price of rough scaleds will drop very quickly once what exists becomes available. Hooray for the few people like me who want them! :D

Roy does not have a 100 GTPs. The website exagerates a bit. I have seen the babies. Close to a hundred but not a hundred. The price of rsp depend on who gets a hold of them first and what they do with them? Supply and demand is what they say. The first ones will be way overpriced. I think they are nice too, have handled a few and they have an interesting feel to them. But the teeth I dont know about?

MH - he'd have to have 103 to make him an instant millionaire as the website claims.

JandC_Reptiles said:
Didnt Tim sell his Chondro's for $6500 last season?
BIG price difference wouldnt you say?

But with that said I couldnt care less because im not in the market of buying any :)

JandC_Reptiles,
We have sold in the passed a large amount of them that we have bred here for $5000 not feeding and quite a lot of them for $7500 feeding, these prices were for hatchlings,
These prices do include GST, before any one asks!

At this stage we do not have a firm price for this years hatchlings that will be available very soon.
When all the back orders are filled we will then put them for sale on our webpage.
www.ultimatereptiles.com.au

Regards Tim

Teamsherman said:
. And as we all know, anything from a hobbiest that is making them over 50k per annum (which wouldnt be that hard from a nice sized clutch) is taxed at a premium rate.

Where are you getting the $50,000 figure from? It comes down to the circumstances of the individual, there's no hard and fast rule about hobby income.

Thanks for clearing that for me Tim (URS).

The point I was trying to make was that there is a significant mark up on Roys hatchlings compared to the average price of what they have sold for in the past. I would say this was due to being able to fill the demand without any competition (yet), hence asking any amount he likes.

I now see this going 1 of 2 ways.

1. You selling your clutches at the prices you have been in the past $5000 - $7500, maybe making Roy come down to the "average" price.

2. You selling for the same amount as Roy and $9800 becoming the "average" price for these animals.

As I said before I am not in the market for Chondro's so I am not fazed what the price of them are now or in the future, I just wanted to point out the price they have sold for in the past so everyone understood what all the crying is about (even though its still not warranted).

re GTP

URS said:
JandC_Reptiles said:
Didnt Tim sell his Chondro's for $6500 last season?
BIG price difference wouldnt you say?

But with that said I couldnt care less because im not in the market of buying any :)

JandC_Reptiles,
We have sold in the passed a large amount of them that we have bred here for $5000 not feeding and quite a lot of them for $7500 feeding, these prices were for hatchlings,
These prices do include GST, before any one asks!

At this stage we do not have a firm price for this years hatchlings that will be available very soon.
When all the back orders are filled we will then put them for sale on our webpage.

Regards Tim
Good to here that youve bred some this year at URS congratulations mate any pics :wink: Cheers colin.

How did someone come up with the number 102 chonndros hatched and how reliable is that number?

And where exactly on his webpage does he say he'l become an instant millionare? - I've scoured his whole website and couldn't find the word millionaire anywhere.

Oldest trick in the book I think!! AND YOU ARE ALL FALLING FOR IT!!! :lol: :lol:

Put as an example, the Indian guy down the road bumps up his fuel price to $1.40 a litre, his mate down the road does the same! Then 7/11 owner number one rings his mate, 7/11 owner number two, and says I'll go you 50% of the profits if you drop your price back to where it was! This then works because the gulible few, with VERY loose wallets, then think the 6.5k price was a fair and reasonable price - AND BUY UP FAST!!

Demand is only there for those of us who could never wait until Xmas time when we were kids! lol If nobody buys, the prices naturally go down. But hey, start saving up ;)

re GTP

[/quote] Good to here that youve bred some this year at URS congratulations mate any pics :wink: Cheers colin.[/quote]

Thanks Colin,
Have load of pictures of them mate, will add them to our webpage when we put them on there for sale.

Regards tim

re GTP

Thanks Tim,it would be great to see some pics of the young and parents.some animals you have at URS are very nice i like the blue in them mate. Cheers colin.l

Still can't see the attraction and that is pure Aussies...why care we only allowed to keep natives but have to pay 10k for a bloody plastic green thing that hangs there and doesn't move.

Having said that some of the exotic lines are beautiful with blues,brightyellow,flurogreens and even the black spotted ones look like they have mites LOL

Don't think you can even compare greens to albinos...greens breed greens and there's variation but albinos there is so much that can be done with them and not a greedy price to be asking imo and they haven't all been held onto and then the market flooded as seems like what will happen with Greens and rsp's which used to be rare as rcking horse crap but now black and white jungles are even rarer than them...

The "instant millionare" quote has been removed from the website! I think someone may have gotten a little carried away while writing that page!

Franco I never have seen the word millionaire on that webpage and seeing as I frequent the internet quite often and visit that page as well as numerous others every day I don't think I would have missed it. I think everyone (including you IMO) is getting carried away with false numbers etc. And not many people seemingly know exactly how many the man himself has and hence alot of rumours have started.

Foxysnake, you are wrong... it did say the number of hatchlings ready for sale, will make Roy an instant millionaire...

Now says.. the number of hatchlings ready for sale, will make Roy a happy man...

BROWNS said:
Still can't see the attraction and that is pure Aussies...why care we only allowed to keep natives but have to pay 10k for a bloody plastic green thing that hangs there and doesn't move.

Having said that some of the exotic lines are beautiful with blues,brightyellow,flurogreens and even the black spotted ones look like they have mites LOL

Don't think you can even compare greens to albinos...greens breed greens and there's variation but albinos there is so much that can be done with them and not a greedy price to be asking imo and they haven't all been held onto and then the market flooded as seems like what will happen with Greens and rsp's which used to be rare as rcking horse crap but now black and white jungles are even rarer than them...

Brown,

Here is a couple that you might like then, all so these pitures have not been altered in any way at all!

Re URS

Foxysnake - I tell it as I see it! The page has been changed!

URS, are these animals in your collection or photos from overseas?

Absolutely stunning!

Franco said:
URS, are these animals in your collection or photos from overseas?
Absolutely stunning!

Franco,
These are here.
Gold/yellow male is true Australian bred by Jo Bredl aprox 16years from GTP's that were taken under permit in Nth QLD many many years ago.

Blue phase female has taken a number of years to get this colour after each clutch she gets a better colour blue, this python was all so bred about 8 years ago by a keeper in Nth QLD and has produced some very good looking pythons for us.

Regards Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back