Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jealous Snakies across the country seem to starting rumours that he hasn't actually bred them and bitch about the price... not all of us can afford the $9800 for a juvie... but rest assured they are worth every dollar!

They really aren't worth every dollar :lol:

Someone buy one so I can pop over and have a gork at it! :lol: Do you get your money back if 2 months later something mysterious happens and it kicks the bucket? I suppose you'd be left no choice than to get it stuffed and use it as a very expensive doorstop hehehe

moosenoose said:
I suppose you'd be left no choice than to get it stuffed and use it as a very expensive doorstop hehehe

Nah Moosey! Just have it stuffed and drape it over a branch in the enclosure. No-one would notice the difference, as they usually just sit there anyway! ;-) :)

re GTP

moosenoose said:
Jealous Snakies across the country seem to starting rumours that he hasn't actually bred them and bitch about the price... not all of us can afford the $9800 for a juvie... but rest assured they are worth every dollar!

They really aren't worth every dollar :lol:

Someone buy one so I can pop over and have a gork at it! :lol: Do you get your money back if 2 months later something mysterious happens and it kicks the bucket? I suppose you'd be left no choice than to get it stuffed and use it as a very expensive doorstop hehehe
PMSL Moose :lol: The site has changed the instant millionaire to happy man,lot of codswollop written there no wonder it was changed,good at putting prices up there like the bredli hypos that shot up to 800 and blond macs went up,he is too pricey for me now ime battling at normal prices like 5000 bucks was a fair price really and there is more of them now 8) URS thanks for putting the pics up of the blues they are really nice :D

That Blue one is amazing!! Now i would pay 10k for that!!

Well done to URS, awesome stuff.

PMSL Moose The site has changed the instant millionaire to happy man,lot of codswollop written there no wonder it was changed,
Your right on the money there zulu, that whole page is a load of tripe and I can't believe someone like Roy Pails would have that up there. The way it's written you'd think Roy is the first and only guy in the world to breed the things and to brag how much money your going to make out of it, before most of your babies have even hatched is just plain arrogant. I'd love to know what his 'top secret' incubation experiments are too seeing you can get on most breeders web sites or get a copy of Greg Maxwells book which outline in black and white how these guys achieve 100 % hatch rates. Why you'd try and 'experiment' with green eggs is beyond comprehension. These snakes have been on the market for about four weeks now and notice they are still for sale so he's got a long, long way to go before he makes his million dollars. I hope he has taken into account the fact that Tim, and quite a few others have greens in the incubator as well.

Tim they are bloody nice the blue blows me away, and great to see one of Joe's still alive pure Aussie i've seen the original parentage of that animal.Still not worth the price tag even at $5k not for me anyway but the blue one yeah i'd pay 5k each for a few of those remembering youll need at least 3 hoping to get a pair.

Why wuld someone with Roys supposed reputation put up a load of crap and brag like he is,it's no big deal.

splitty said:
So if you crossed the Blue GTP with the Yellow GTP would you get a green one ??? :lol: :lol:
LOL splitty pay that one :lol:

URS said:
Franco said:
URS, are these animals in your collection or photos from overseas?
Absolutely stunning!

Franco,
These are here.
Gold/yellow male is true Australian bred by Jo Bredl aprox 16years from GTP's that were taken under permit in Nth QLD many many years ago.

Blue phase female has taken a number of years to get this colour after each clutch she gets a better colour blue, this python was all so bred about 8 years ago by a keeper in Nth QLD and has produced some very good looking pythons for us.

Regards Tim

Hi Tim,
I'm very interested to know what the situation of garanteed pure Australian Greens is, do you have a pair/s, are they still able to breed? Is there any one else out there you know of with real Aussie Greens?
Cheers
Richard

Oh, and Sdaji, I'd love a Rough Scale :) , I find them to very attractive in my eyes, once they are more affordable I will be sure to obtain some. And I wouldn't mind paying the $5-7,000 for greens as an investment if they could be garenteed to be of Australian origin.

Hi Tim,
I'm very interested to know what the situation of garanteed pure Australian Greens is, do you have a pair/s, are they still able to breed? Is there any one else out there you know of with real Aussie Greens?
Cheers
Richard[/quote]

Hi Richard,

Yes pure AUS GTP's, I purchased them from G Gow before he sadly passed away with a number of other reptiles. Greame got them from Jo Bredl a number of years ago, Jo was one of the luck ones many years ago to get a take permit for them from QLD parks and wildlife, he did breed from the wild caught pythons, Peter I all so did have there DNA checked here in the SA museum just to make sure. Yes I do have a pair of them here. They are still able to breed I believe and I was very close to that this year but the female was a bit under weight so everything crossed for next year.

As for other people having Aus GTP I would not have a clue whats out there in collections.

Regards Tim Mensforth
www.ultimatereptiles.com.au

Awesome stuff Tim, you've blown me away with those snakes mate. Have any of the younguns from the blue and the yellow inherited the colour or are they one of a kind?
Regards, Steve.

When I visited a reptile breeding business up in the mountains in Bali a few years ago one of the saddest sights I have seen was a half eaten bright blue GTP on the ground outside of one of the big breeding pits. Apparently wild cats get a few of the animals every now and then.

I don't like exotics, morphs or chondros, but I'd happily shell out $10,000 for a baby snake if it was going to turn into something like that blue girl! Well, that's if I had $10,000 to shell out :p Most of the chondros I've seen have been quite ugly, especially the ones with yellow or worse still, black speckles - they look hideous! (yes, to me and maybe to you they... pretty... *urp*!)

Oh, and Sdaji, I'd love a Rough Scale , I find them to very attractive in my eyes, once they are more affordable I will be sure to obtain some. And I wouldn't mind paying the $5-7,000 for greens as an investment if they could be garenteed to be of Australian origin.

Well, come and sit in the rough scaled waiting room with me, we have about 5-10 years to kill... do you play cards?

It isn't easy to be sure what's Australian, most aren't and despite what some say, there isn't a DNA test to confirm it. I hope at some stage some are allowed to be brought into captivity, but it doesn't seem likely in the near future. Maybe someone should point out to the QLD government that if they collected a small number of them, took them to the zoo, bred them and sold the babies to reptile keepers they could make a cr@p load of money and help the species at the same time.

Hey Sdaji, I highly agree with everything you just said :p , and I think it would be a great idea for conservation for a zoo to get a breeding group of Iron Range Greens and sell off some of the offspring. It would also be good for them to provide papers ect. stating their from that aussie line, possibly with DNA record proof(I have no idea if that is plausable or not, just a bit of an idea ;) )

Oh, and I'm sure I can pick up the various card games as we go

I haven't played cards for years now, maybe we should go for trivial pursuit instead.

(you can go off topic if a thread goes past 7 pages, right?)

Haha, of cource , and I think I have Trivial Pursuit stacked away in my room somewhere

Yeah, I thought I'd read that in the site rules somewhere near the end...

....if any thread doth reach its eigth page, one may be allowed to assume that its value has ended and may exploit the entertainment potention thereof as they see fit

Yeah, I thought so.

We'll be trivial persuit masters by the time we get our cheap roughies! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back