Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew you would get it straight away. Although I don't recall inviting you to guess? :lol:

Extra 2 points for whoever can guess the locality - Matt excluded
047-Copy2.jpg

Doesn't look anything like any of the one's I've seen around here, so west somewhere? NT?

Oh really? I based my guess off the fact that those leaves look similar to ones that are found in a certain national park near here.. ;):D

I'm not giving away the locality, but I think a visit to there is well overdue!

Nope and nope!
It's def. none of those, but I'm not going to get too specific actually, not too common in this area at all.
So therefore blakehose was the closest for somewhere in SE Qld

I'm not giving away the locality, but I think a visit to there is well overdue!

It certainly is!

mhmm.. I did originally say south of where I am (Tville) but then edited it- looked up the distribution and it said northern and western QLD + Aus! It lies! I shall eventually learn to not trust everything I read on the internet, from google. maybe.

Alright, your turn Matt. Last one before bed... up at 5am to go to Tassie tomorrow.

The distribution maps only show areas where the density of the animal meets the requirement. There are always stray populations.

The distribution maps only show areas where the density of the animal meets the requirement. There are always stray populations.

Mhmm, I'd never stopped to think about that. It makes sense, I just never thought of it as a density thing.

And yes, I'm an idiot :lol:

Someone can take my turn...can't upload pictures at the moment.

Can you make that a little bit bigger? My eyes aren't that good :)

oh- sorry! hang on

here ya go- can't find that same pic, but heres another of the same species :)
DSCF0022.jpg

also... I've gotta go soon, early uni day again

Last edited:
If I had to guess seriously based only on the last photo, I'd say one of the Gehyra. No thoughts on species though. Am I on the right track?

Oedura of some sort? Taken at night so the normal colours are all faded? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back