Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would do terrible things to own a few Kimberley Rocks.. what's the going price for those beauties?

My monitor list continues to grow with this damn thread...

They're worse than snakes!

Adult Kimberly's look so beautiful in the flesh. They keep there colours very well compared to most other monitors...Or maybe its the just the contrast in colour, either way, defiantly on the wanted list.

Spencers look a good first monitor. When i get my first monitor it will be somthing like a spencer or a perenti. The documentary lizard king on the abc last week told me to get rid of my snakes and get a perenti. Will a perenti eats my snakes???

If you put them in together yes.
I dont think a Perenti would be good for a first monitor.
Just my opinion. They way I see it, its like buying a venomous snake straight up rather than a python. But I dont know what experiance you have so I'll just shut my mouth:p

My cage is 1600mm wide by1200mm high and 600mm deep and I keep a pair of them in there together. I will be putting some more females in there once they are big enough.

Spencers look a good first monitor. When i get my first monitor it will be somthing like a spencer or a perenti. The documentary lizard king on the abc last week told me to get rid of my snakes and get a perenti. Will a perenti eats my snakes???

Perenties can be very dangerous even if you have experience with them.Not a good monitor to start with.

antmisk how are your tristis mate ?, i really like your ones, i did have some years ago they where captive breed but very flighty . so do yours take off or are they calm ect thanks

I have one that is flighty but the two above are great. I took the pics with the door of their enclosure open and almost
placed them where I wanted them for the shot.

Any more pics yet crocdoc?
I took a few while they were being moved from the incubator into the enclosure, but they still don't look like much yet. They colour up a bit after a couple of weeks.
127156983.jpg

I moved another one over this morning (no photos yet) and there are still a number of eggs left to hatch. I'll take better photos after they've been eating for a couple of weeks.

Back