Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say the 2, 7ft stacks of newspaper next to the herp room! Most people think I have a paper mache fetish!

I mentioned my Proserpine coastal earlier in this thread, but I figured I should post some pics of her. My Diamond and water python get people's attention too.

Attachments

• Freshly shed4.jpg
    Freshly shed4.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Fresh shed.jpg
    Fresh shed.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 24
  • New skin.jpg
    New skin.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Freshly shed5.jpg
    Freshly shed5.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Tub3.jpg
    Tub3.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Freshly shed2.jpg
    Freshly shed2.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Lucy branch2 72011.jpg
    Lucy branch2 72011.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 23
its my julatten, people are blown away that Australia or anywhere has snakes with so much white
usually they ask if hes fake then if its foreign then how can they survive their so white u can see it miles away

milenko.jpg

My black and gold jungle gets the looks award, but my intergrades receive the personality awards even though they're ten times bigger.

035-1.jpg

P1080949.jpg

Last edited:
My male spotted gets the personality award for visitors.
My female bredli gets the looks & personality award - My neighbour is terrified of snakes, and during this yrs floods, I had to warm the snakes up some how, so I had them out on the black top of my ute, they absolutely loved the warmth after almost two days without heat :/ .. My neighbour was near the fence cleaning up, and she looked over and saw the snakes. Needless to say her eyes were the size of dinner plates :lol: and out of no where she said "Wow, she's actually quite pretty" when she looked at Dekoda, my bredli.
The looks award goes to Twisty, my psycho olive.
and everyone loves my male coastal, Casper - his colours and temperament are lovely :)

My big huge diamond, cause of his size.. 8and a half ft almost 9 :)

With people who aren't familiar with snakes, it's usually the venomous ones which get the most response, and the albino Death Adders are the ones which get the biggest reaction. Come to think of it, that's the same with reptile keepers too, although with them it's more the albino bit than the deadly bit.

When it comes to pythons specifically it's definitely the Water Pythons. Not much compares to the beauty of a large iridescent Water Python with a bright yellow belly in the sunlight. Even long term snake keepers often admire them with a lot of surprise, saying they knew they looked good but didn't think you could have friendly ones. All my adults are perfect handlers. I think their low value makes them overlooked by a lot of long term reptile keepers, and their reputation as biters (partly deserved - good ones are great but bad ones are shockers!) scares a lot of people away.

Can't talk about 'em without pictures around here I suppose!

Yumyummouseinthetum.jpg

Holdbackfeeding.jpg

BabyalbinoAddersvarietypack.jpg

SdajiLineAlbinopraelongus.jpg

Jadeheadd.jpg

Rainbow.jpg

'Ferocious!'

MooseskidsandRainbowss.jpg

Moosedaughteryellowbelly.jpg

AimyandSdajiearlyMay2005APScrapvers.jpg

Fuscusheadreddish25-9-05Ant.jpg

Sorry for the overload! I hardly post anything these days!

wow that water python is amazing!!! do they actually swim in the water? or just called that cause of thier Shiny Scales???
and how much do they sell for?
I Just got my first snake today...Hypo Bredli...Its a Hatchling..im still a little spooked bout touching..think its the fear of the first bite and not knowing what it feels like ect...but ill get over it soon enough ::p

They are most impressed by the albino Darwins and when I walk out into the sunlight and the colours really pop, people are completely gobsmacked. This effect overcomes the "ugh, it's a snake" in many cases. There is something mesmerising about colours that show up in sunlight, like the irridescence of water pythons and the glowing yellows of the albino Darwins. Gets 'em every time. Hooray for irridiophores!

Huh! Any of my family or friends who don't like snakes will never say that any of mine look pretty. Even my beautiful black and gold jungle gets snobbed. My husband has family who refuse to visit us because of my snakes. I say "YIPPEE, Don't have to worry about you then eh?". Have have since moved all my snakes into my old walk-in wardrobe out of sight but still not good enough. I say, TOO BAD, hehe

That little girl with the water python is absolutely loving that :D God bless her, beautiful animal, too. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back