Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome! u should be very happy :D, his temprament should be fine being an older snake and all :). hahahhahahaa thats funny, i never thought about being shat on by a snake before.. dont really want to be either lol. I been pretty lucky too... my lil guy hasn't tried to snap at me either yet which im pretty happy about :) but then again i want to get the first bite over with so its not as much of a shock if he tries again hahaha

lol, thats the second time that i have been shat on, first time was when i got my striped female, was at the breeders and he got her out for me to have a good look at and she shat down my leg, that was worse than this time, i wore it all that time. The only bite that i have had so far is from kuddles, was feeding him and he missed the pinky, hit my finger and then let go, would much rather a bite off him than a kitten. Am still waiting for my first feeding bite from one of the bigger ones, i know it will happen eventually as i dont use a hook to get them out and dont use feeding tongs (yet) coz they seem to have a good aim, but i know its getting closer

I only use the feeding tongs because i cant quite bring myself to touch the ratties yet.... I'm working up to it though!!

we have pet rats for the kids (fresh food supply) so i cant avoid touching them, just remind yourself that they are "clean" captive raised rats and not wild diseased rats, mind you mice still gross me out ;) maybe give a latex glove a go for starters, your still touching it and can feel it but there is a small barrier between you and the rat.

Yeah the rational part of my brain knows that, I just cant get over that final part of actually touching it. First 2 feeds I was cringing and 'ew-ing' the whole time, now its all business. I will get there lol.

ahaha these are the things that make u a girl ;)... though its not the nicest thing to be holdin a baby mouse/rat in ur hand haha. yehhhhh i dont like the idea of my hand in the enclosure, i use two wooden sticks like chopsticks to tempt Anubis :)...haha mayb when i find a little more courage and trust in his aming skills ill try hand feeding :)

if you want to hand feed, do it young when they dont hurt when they miss, i hardly bled when kuddles got me. And they dont miss often, 1 miss in 25 feeds wil 3 snakes isnt to bad i think. lol

Yep and it frustrates the hell out of me because I am SO not a squeamish girlie girl but yeah.

if you want to hand feed, do it young when they dont hurt when they miss, i hardly bled when kuddles got me. And they dont miss often, 1 miss in 25 feeds wil 3 snakes isnt to bad i think. lol
ohhhh yeah thats true... hahaha it already made me miss a few heartbeats using chopstick tools when it first struck, even though i was off guard. mayb ill just not hand feed hahaha.

Yep and it frustrates the hell out of me because I am SO not a squeamish girlie girl but yeah.
haha well i guess u like snakes and thats not girlie girl like... got any pics of ur md?

haha well i guess u like snakes and thats not girlie girl like... got any pics of ur md?

OMG I have hundreds of pics lol!! Im a little obsessed!!

Attachments

• watchinMC2.jpg
    watchinMC2.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 073.jpg
    073.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 095.jpg
    095.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 14042010445.jpg
    14042010445.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 26
  • P4250763.jpg
    P4250763.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 26
man and your starting with a hatchie,my first snake, lily, was 2 years old and big enough to eat 180g+ rats when i got her, and she hits that hard that she can rip the tail off a fresh killed rat if your holding on to tight. If i had of had some more $$$ when i got her i reckon i would have got tongs but i didnt so i started hand feeding and havnt thought about getting any yet, and never thought of chopsticks!

lol, i think i have 8 folders of pics, 1 for each snake, 1 for feeding pics, 1 for feeding vids, 1 for slough's and odd behaviours, 1 for enclosures and other stuff, I'm a japaneese tourist stuck in an aussie body when it comes to taking snake pics

Tonight's feeding

Attachments

• P5240967.jpg
    P5240967.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 35
  • P5240969.jpg
    P5240969.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 36
  • P5240953.jpg
    P5240953.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 40
  • P5240965.jpg
    P5240965.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 37
  • P5240977.jpg
    P5240977.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 38
I'm a japaneese tourist stuck in an aussie body when it comes to taking snake pics

SO glad I'm not the only one. Having an iphone is even worse... the pics arent the best quality but I always have it with me so I am constantly snapping pics.... I post only a selection of them on my FB and I'm pretty sure most of my friends are sick of it but I dont care!!

lol, mine are mostly for me, the few good ones i take i put on here, but none of my friends on FB like snaks so its a bit pointless when i get the "the only good snake....." so i save it for people that appreciate it.

Yeah they're mostly on there for my mum and a couple of friends who are interested, most of whom are overseas.

yeah i do like the reactions from the feeding vids, especially when edited and heavy metal is added over the top ;)

Haha I'm lucky that I'm even able to upload the vids lol!! I'm so not technologically savvy.

neither am i but it is easy, windows movie maker is the name of the program i use, very basic but does what i want, add tunes and edit out extra footage when they are having a rest or something. also covers the kids fighting in the audio ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back