Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any childrens or spotted, boring and ugly IMO. Also not a fan of the albino blueys, the black ones on the other hand are just awesome..

Ben

i agree guys.. It comes down to what your personal preference is.. i love any snake.. the colour combo's and potential patters on any offsp[ring is exciting!!!!

Great responses so far everyone, and thank you for being honest. A critical assessment of why different keepers select varying species is a thread I've been interested in posting and it has been worth it. Most of you have strong convictions it seems as to what you keep and why. I had no idea so many keepers don't go for striped carpets!

I must admit I love the more expensive and sort after species like the GTP or Rough-scaled Pythons! They look sensational and the fact that they are not as readily available to me (due to cost) adds to their allure! Can't understand how anyone could turn down a cheap GTP as mentioned in previous posts! Loyalty to one's fav species is one thing but be serious, GTP are gorgeous!

l myself don't want any ( Albinos-Crosses-hybrids or designer Reptiles) l just don't think their as good as the pure natural phases you see out in the wild, and l also don't see myself paying alot of money for a Reptile that looks different or as different colours or markings imo.

Each and everyone to their own and what you decide to spend your hard ear money on, and want to keep in your Reptile collection is your business.

l enjoy keeping and breeding ( Olive-Woma-Black-Headed Pythons and Bearded Dragons and Sand Monitors and Northern Blue-Tongues).

i think people keep expensive snakes for breeding aswell as liking the breed of snake.
most gtp and albino owners have pairs, they are becoming more common and ive seen the prices drop by thousonds in the last 2-3 years, i think both gtps and albinos are great looking snakes and i would love to have a pair of either!

Having kept many species over many years, I have found that the more 'common' and "cheaper" species are by far my favorites. My favs include spotteds, stumpies, blueys, beardies etc etc.

I really like jungles :). I want an exotic so bad though! Or a perfect diamond x jungle hybrid. I've seen some pictures and they look amazing.

If I were given an albino Darwin I'd keep it, especially if it were female, so my male could have a gf ad maybe breed them down the track. Otherwise I doubt I'd spend the money on one, I'd much rather get a woma or one of antaresias :)

l myself don't want any ( Albinos-Crosses-hybrids or designer Reptiles) l just don't think their as good as the pure natural phases you see out in the wild, and l also don't see myself paying alot of money for a Reptile that looks different or as different colours or markings imo.

Each and everyone to their own and what you decide to spend your hard ear money on, and want to keep in your Reptile collection is your business.

l enjoy keeping and breeding ( Olive-Woma-Black-Headed Pythons and Bearded Dragons and Sand Monitors and Northern Blue-Tongues).

And of course you wouldn't see an Albino in the wild unless it slithered into a caravan park and made your curtain rod home now would you?

there all good but my fav is deffenetly darwins albino or not there a beutifull snake no mater the price difference beetween them :).

Yep, I keep reptiles because I find them fascinating and i enjoy learning about them. They are my pets, my family and i love them. yes, i do have a wish list of species i want to keep one day, but not because they are cool or not. Because they are beautiful or exhibit interesting behaviours or something like that. Unfortunately though, i have got myself into a position where I have collected to many, and am trying to find new homes for some of them so that they can all have the care and attention they deserve. Not because they went out of fashion.

I think some people have forgotten the reason why people in Australia first started keeping reptiles in captivity. Back then, there was no monetary value attached to reptiles. Collectors just swapped. Wish we could go back...

Species and types that would never be on my wish list include:Jungles, Coastals, any albino no matter the type, any of the blue tongues (cos they stink really really bad), hybrids, RPM/jags, any of the Childreni complex, and any other designer morph (they may be popular or the way of the future but I would rather by left behind).

Anyone want to trade a GTP or even an albino carpet for a banded grunter? They are 10000000X more interesting, they even do stuff like movement.

Hmmm, I wouldn't spend money on childrens or stimmies.
Just seem ugly to me but just IMO
I would never really buy a green tree python. just seem like a carpet to me but with a giant price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back