Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
zapu9a4u.jpg
first introduced these two for their first date of the season about 2 hrs before this photo, he didnt muck about!
These guys are a regular pairing for me ... Pinstripe male RHD to female RHD.
And pics of some bubs from last season.

This guy has a very pale base colour and defined 'eyebrows'
azu9evuj.jpg

Female with defined 'eyebrows' and broken pattern
venu7y8u.jpg

Same girl as above.
mu4y5e7e.jpg

Male with funky markings. Will be paired with female above when the time comes. These are hatchy pics as he is coming up to a slough
ry2y3y8u.jpg

aquty9yz.jpg

Also have another boy with lovely rich orange colouration who is due for a slough.

Aaron

Last edited:
do womas eat birds? im getting one and just wondering, if it was to escape(which I hope it doesn't) is it likely to eat my birds cause I have 8 birds inside, 4 of which just wander around the house... how long should she live in her 'click clack"

do womas eat birds? im getting one and just wondering, if it was to escape(which I hope it doesn't) is it likely to eat my birds cause I have 8 birds inside, 4 of which just wander around the house... how long should she live in her 'click clack"
They will certainly try to eat your birds given the chance.

Not great pics but a few of my boy.

nazusa7a.jpg

e8u2ejyb.jpg

pe4y4yga.jpg

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

Becca-Marie, i like the pattern on that boy. He looks to be quite pale too.

Aaron

Slide- thanks hes even better in person. Hes my first woma and i adore him.

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

I feed mine quail, I read up that rats can have too much fat for Womas and they need somthing leaner to keep em healthy.So I made the switch, I remove the leg bones just to be on the safe side and he loves them.On thing about Womas, their not fussy and they never turn down food.

I feed mine quail, I read up that rats can have too much fat for Womas and they need somthing leaner to keep em healthy.So I made the switch, I remove the leg bones just to be on the safe side and he loves them.On thing about Womas, their not fussy and they never turn down food.
how good are they at escaping?:shock: at least the rest of my pets are at the other end of the house.... could they eat a relatively large rabbit(rex cros lop)? im getting an Uluru. sorry for all these questions, I just want my other pets to be safe

how good are they at escaping?:shock: at least the rest of my pets are at the other end of the house.... could they eat a relatively large rabbit(rex cros lop)? im getting an Uluru. sorry for all these questions, I just want my other pets to be safe

They are no different to any other snake in the fact that if they can escape they will. Luckily good husbandry and housing should prevent any escapes. Ulurus are larger than tanamis, wa locales, etc. They tend to reach around 1.8m mark instead of 1.5.

A lot of escapes come from people not shutting an enclosure door. Invest in some locks and that shouldn't be an issue. Obviously inspect any new enclosures for possible escape routes and plug up any holes.

For your python to eat an adult rex rabbit it would have to be almost full grown so you have a few years before you have to worry about that. My boy is just over 1.5m at 3.5years and I think he would struggle if he even could eat it.

As for hatchies use a 7L sistema tub. Those things are escape proof.

With mixing prey and predator animals there is always a small risk. I have three large dogs that spend time inside but through my paranoia there should be no way they ever meet.

Ulurus are my favourite locale, so excellent choice. I wish there were more around. :D

This Boodarie girl is 2.5 now and looked a bit puffy today. I'm hoping it's follicles developing. She's been with the male off and on, but I haven't caught them in the act. I've seen the male spurring her and aligning, but I've also seen him spurring the hide when she was inside :shock: I hope they have figured it out....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back