Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I got one also from deebo...same clutch (Retained sperm)...awesome snake (LOVES her food, like all Womas :) ) - Ive got her on a hopper rat ever 5 days atm, but she's getting them down pretty easy...might upgrade to weaners soon

I've wondered a few times if any of the little hatchy photos I've seen are siblings of my one.

She should be fine with weaners. I've just switched mine back to rats but before that he was eating weaner mice. He gets a 20-30g rat every 5-8 days. Not sure what 'size' that would be labelled as. Fuzzy? Pup? Idk. :)

I've wondered a few times if any of the little hatchy photos I've seen are siblings of my one.

She should be fine with weaners. I've just switched mine back to rats but before that he was eating weaner mice. He gets a 20-30g rat every 5-8 days. Not sure what 'size' that would be labelled as. Fuzzy? Pup? Idk. :)

Based on this: http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/sale-food-accessories-services-5359/cheap-rats-mice-193448/

Hopper - 25-35g
Weaner - 36-60g
Small - 61-100g

According to that he would be on hoppers. I am no good with sizes as I have only ever gone by weight. Sounds like your girl is a bit bigger than my boy already. :)

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Venomous_RBB.
It's taken years to get my collection to were it is these days and were I am happy with what i have.
I'm extremely fussy when it comes to new animals. I usually buy everything as hatchies with the exception of the RFW group (but you can see why :) )
Its all about quality over quantity. But i am a firm believer that good looking animals produce good looking offspring.
Always pays to look/shop around for the right animals.

Redfox:

Fed her 14/05 - 1 Hopper rat, and went to clean her enclosure out last night and she latched on and threw coils...hehe, so she's hungry again already! Im going to upgrade her to weaner rats...

Any idea what yours is weight/length?

Nice to see some pics of the womas from that clutch from retained sperm! Was certainly a weird thing to witness her ovulate etc haha!

Those boodaries are looking really nice Paul. That first looks like it has that nice yellowy base colour. Hopefully ill get another clutch from that pair this year.

How they have grown.

Sad when you move on an offspring.
But its still amazing to see the look on the new woma owners face (when getting there 1st ever woma) when they hold there new little cracker for the 1st time. Addictive little creatures :)

Attachments

• 27 Dec 12 a 002.jpg
    27 Dec 12 a 002.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 138
  • 15 May 13 B 003.jpg
    15 May 13 B 003.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 140
  • 15 May 13 B 006.jpg
    15 May 13 B 006.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 133
those new owners are getting very well established animals brett - value for money right there. At that size they will be bulletproof animals. Good work!

Yes rat pigs they are :)

Becca-marie got one this afternoon, 1st woma ever for her and she was stoked..........

Nice little animal too.

Looking forward to showing the collection tomorrow Dave :) After seeing your woma's, they were very impressive.......

Last edited:
@frankgrimes, I weighed and measure him tonight. He is about 70cm and weighs 143g. After he sheds I will probably have to up his food size, but at the moment he is alright. Definitely not the biggest boy but very healthy, active and curious.

I'm not very exact with feeding times. He gets fed between every 5-8 days and I don't feed him during his shedding cycle.

I'm just as excited when I receive any Woma let alone my first......

Have two now and that collection is soon to rise to 4, possibly 5.

Whoever said that once u get one u can't stop there, not a truer word spoken.

I'm hooked!

Brett - my god i love this fella. All your womas are incredible

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

Really hoping this pair go the distance for me this season, they've been trying their hardest the past week. I'm hoping for more black along the dorsal with the offspring. I'm also breeding the male back to his mother to see if I can produce some more like him.

Male:

Female:

nice womas sara , especially liking that female just curious do they have the same parents as my girl ?

@frankgrimes, I weighed and measure him tonight. He is about 70cm and weighs 143g. After he sheds I will probably have to up his food size, but at the moment he is alright. Definitely not the biggest boy but very healthy, active and curious.

I'm not very exact with feeding times. He gets fed between every 5-8 days and I don't feed him during his shedding cycle.

I weighed my girl yesterday, and she's ~447gm(So a bit bigger than your boy :) ) - Length, will check later today....Im going to upgrade her to small rats next feed...pet store rats are heinously expensive...anyone know of a local goldie breeder of rats?

heres my little Boodarie again hanging in the dunny roll :p hes very aggressive to the food and smashes it as soon as he sees it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back