Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
looking good chis! he looks very similar to the male i kept. i LOVE the dark bands on the other one!! did you get a female that looks like that? i want it! i got 6 from 8 eggs, two didnt make it unfortunately. i think they'll all look a little yellow however i got a very yellow looking one out, well it stands out relative to the others! really need a female similar to the males. Im gonna move that female on that i got from you. she has very red bands but not a very light background. would love to see some updated pics of the rest of your clutch from last season?

Love the black mask on your tanami Sara (and I'm a sucker for red bands). That's a great looking yellow boodarie Chris and the dark one is that bit different. I'm looking forward to all of the hatchy photos now (hint, hint).

Thanks pythonmum.
Found this little guy in the corner of the incubation tub this morning, snapped a pic while moving him to his own tub. Looks like the rest of his siblings are pipping now.

Attachments

• egg 8.jpg
    egg 8.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 85
forgive the crap shots, I'm no photographer!
love the solid sharp banding of WA womas. Unfortunately i couldn't capture their true colour to show off a couple of the 'yellows'. i got 6 in total, 3 of which have some degree of striping and 2 that stand out (relative to the others) for their yellow. looking forward to see how they colour up etc.
one pic shows the solid banding, and the other is one i particularly like for its crazy 'aberrant' pattern

Attachments

• 2010-12-09 10.31.03.jpg
    2010-12-09 10.31.03.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 2010-12-09 10.33.11.jpg
    2010-12-09 10.33.11.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 82
Awesome Jason i really like that 2nd one, a bit of abstract banding with the solid spine line, really nice.

i've got 2 remaining eggs from the 11 my girl laid due to hatch on the 20th. Will be happy if they look anything like those two :)

Thanks for the nice comments guys. I love the shot of the SA woma Sara. Classic.

Jason, thats a shame the female didnt turn out as well as you had hoped. Unfortunately the two females I kept didnt turn out as nice as I had hoped either. I got a lot of variation in last years clutch and the dark banded boy is definately the most interesting of the group. I hope you get that yellow female you're after. Would love to see what a yellow to yellow breeding would produce. I'm sure we can help each other out down the track and get some projects happening a little faster.

Those two hatchies look very nice Jason. Love the variation, and the back half of that second one is awesome.

Below are a pic of one of the females that is quite dark in the bands but doesnt have as clean a background as I wish she did, and another male. Both from last years clutch. The other female and male are in shed right now.

Attachments

• Boodarie Female Dark.jpg
    Boodarie Female Dark.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 76
  • Boodarie Male small (2).jpg
    Boodarie Male small (2).jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 81
thanks guys.
chris, that dark banded male is stunning IMO! I'd be over the moon to have it in my collection. my fingers are crossed that the best stand out yellow one from this years clutch is a female! think ill keep that crazy looking one as well, it looks great in the flesh. my aim is to try and produce a 'bumblebee-like' Boodarie. Solid dark bands like your male with the clean crisp 'yellow' of the ones i produced. seriously if you're interested im happy to work out a trade for that male?

To be honest I think I'm going to hold on to him. Sorry Jason. Hopefully in the future he will produce some more that are similar and I could help you out then. I just wish I had gotten some more eggs this season.

Nope, I didnt get any eggs from her this season. Pretty frustrating but hopefully this coming season she lays a nice big clutch.

i imagine you'll have a few clutches next season? ill hopefully get a stripe x stripe clutch as well as a yellow male (hold back) x his mother

Yeh I dont know what I'll pair up yet but I should get 3 clutches next season if I'm lucky.

Thanks for the hatchy photos guys. I love the solid bands on that first one, Jason. I'd be happy with either of those animals, Chris! Good luck for next season.

Good luck with your pairings Jason & Chris.

Should be some interesting seasons ahead for all us woma lovers!

Top looking animals Jason & Chris, inspired to get mine out for an update photo shoot.
Turned out alright but with a point and shoot only camera still cant get the females right colours.
If yellow is what you like, she's your girl :) though i still love the clean markings of the boy.

Attachments

• girl 1.JPG
    girl 1.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 65
  • girl.JPG
    girl.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 70
  • boy1.JPG
    boy1.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 62
  • boy1 (1).JPG
    boy1 (1).JPG
    141 KB · Views: 58
  • girl 1 (1).JPG
    girl 1 (1).JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 56
Well heres a photo of a male Tanami Woma,hes only 12months old..Love that yellowy one Yommy,very nice..

Attachments

• 101_0289.jpg
    101_0289.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 49
  • 101_0288.jpg
    101_0288.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 101_0122.jpg
    101_0122.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 58
yes they both have excellent traits. I love the yellow hews in the female and the solid banding of the male and his tail marking are something else.
Can't wait to see what pops it head out of the 2 reamining eggs i have in the incubator. bring on the 20th of Dec.

Thought I'd wake this thread back up with a few pics of my tanami hatchies, all have shed and a few had had their first feed. One hatched more yellow than its siblings, it washes out in pictures but it just glows in the sun.

Attachments

• hatchies.jpg
    hatchies.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 114
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 125
Status
Not open for further replies.