Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple Photos of my RHD Boy in the sun.

Attachments

• woma 1.jpg
    woma 1.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 111
  • woma 2.jpg
    woma 2.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 91
I don't think their is a better python on the market as a 1st snake.
People will tell you children's or carpets as they are bullet proof. But what they don't offer you is personality and charisma.
After keeping all 3 for many years the woma is miles ahead IMO

Have to agree. My first python was a Stimson. Whilst I love him, I have to say my latest addition (a baby Woma)
has much more personality.

Heres my big WA girl. 22 days since prelay.

a2d6b399.jpg

She's getting really really restless. Not long to go now.

My other WA female is really swelling with follicles. Can't wait!!

Last edited:
I had to help my little boy with a lousy shed today. Here he is when I finished rubbing him on his way out of the damp pillowslip. He has put on 500g in the 3.5 months I have had him. He's an eating machine! The photo doesn't really capture the extent of the yellow, but I was hoping it would show up against the black jacket. Oh well. It's just an excuse to take a photo anyway...
DSC04131.jpg

I posed in the other thread but i cant help myself and have to here as well!!

My big WA girl layed today!!

A total of 16 eggs. 14 fertile and 2 slugs.

Pre-season weight 2390g.
Post lay weight 1636g.
Clutch total weight 754g (including slugs).

Im fair stoked with that!! Not bad for her first year breeding!!

P1010025-1.jpg

Also my other WA girl started ovulating last night and is still going now!!

Heres the best pic i could get of it.

P1010035-1.jpg

Great Squinty! That's a phenomenal clutch for a woma and a magnificent reproductive effort. Love those ovulation photos. Nothing subtle about that....

Went to check on one of my male tanami womas and when i opened his tub and touched the newspaper he was hiding under he launched out, smacked my hand through the paper, and the constricted the paper, fell onto the floor and continued to try and eat the paper! He wasnt giving up even as i lifted back into his tub.....crazy animal. He got a rat later and seemed happy with that.

Gotta love their feeding response!

Attachments

• woma1.jpg
    woma1.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 79
  • woma2.jpg
    woma2.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 77
Went to check on one of my male tanami womas and when i opened his tub and touched the newspaper he was hiding under he launched out, smacked my hand through the paper, and the constricted the paper, fell onto the floor and continued to try and eat the paper! He wasnt giving up even as i lifted back into his tub.....crazy animal. He got a rat later and seemed happy with that.

Gotta love their feeding response!
My bearded dragon tried to eat the trees of the newspaper in the tub I had him in the other day, haha.

haha dave. you might remember not long ago mine actually did eat the paper :shock:

Question for you lot that have Snake Ranch WA womas. What the hell are they? I bought mine the first year they were released as "sandfire womas". Now to quote their website: "We are very pleased to be able to offer third generation hatchling womas from the Great Sandy Desert of Western Australia. Our founder animals originated in the vicinity of 80 Mile Beach, south of Sandfire, WA".

80 mile beach now?

And those who have them- do you find they get white patches/dots all up their sides? I'll get a photo over the next few days now mine have shed again to show what i mean.

Last edited:
This girl is getting some really nice colour, photo doesn't do her justice.
tn_IMG_0038-1.jpg

haha dave. you might remember not long ago mine actually did eat the paper :shock:

Question for you lot that have Snake Ranch WA womas. What the hell are they? I bought mine the first year they were released as "sandfire womas". Now to quote their website: "We are very pleased to be able to offer third generation hatchling womas from the Great Sandy Desert of Western Australia. Our founder animals originated in the vicinity of 80 Mile Beach, south of Sandfire, WA".

80 mile beach now?

And those who have them- do you find they get white patches/dots all up their sides? I'll get a photo over the next few days now mine have shed again to show what i mean.

My WA animals are from Sandfire but they are not decendants of SnakeRanch animals so I can't really comment. But. Both my females have very white/cream saddles and one has a white/cream belly as does one of the males.

No-Two. That is one hot looking animal!!

Caught my silly Boodarie going arboreal:
DSC04159.jpg

Sorry for the crummy photo, but didn't want to scare him off the vine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back