Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you know that rainbows are caused by the refraction of light passing through water causing different colours of the light spectrum to be created depending on the angle it bends?

Wow, that's amazing AMY.

Isn’t it just? And all off the top of my head, that’s how clever I am.

In fact, did you know, the colour of the feathers in a lot of birds is caused the exact same way? Certain colours such as blue, green and metallic are not actually caused by pigmentation, but by the way the light passes through the feather depending of the structure within. This bird here (called a turaco) –

Red-crested%20Turaco%20head%20sharpen.jpg

is the only bird in the world in which the green colour of the feather is an actual pigment not a light refraction.

Tune in next time for more useful relevant information by professor Amy.

See Amy, this is why we're here!
One of the most informative threads in the history of APS I reckon, from relationships, to alcoholism, to rainbows! What more can you want in life?

Looks like you may have to move up here Amy. I don't think you'll have any problems finding somewhere to stay :)

Hahaha, you blokes are trying to make her head explode, right?

This bird here is the only bird in the world in which the green colour of the feather is an actual pigment not a light refraction..

So if I am to read into this correctly - all the other birds in the world are actually misrepresenting their self, their true nature... veiled fabrications of beauty, in a contrived attempt to mimik for personal gain... wolves in sheeps clothing if you will; or maybe mutton dressed up as lamb... to bedazzle their 'prey' at a time when no doubt the nest is built and full of fertile eggs....interesting!! :?

geez guys put it away!! I think ill change my username to get more attention - hows 'Candy' with you guys??

The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in 2000 B.C.
Ewww

geez guys put it away!! I think ill change my username to get more attention - hows 'Candy' with you guys??

Hmm... That blue symbol next your gender kinda puts me off. Maybe change that rather than your user name?

The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in 2000 B.C.
Ewww

I would be interested to know how this was used? Or maybe I'm not... Let me know and I'll tell you if I wanted to know or not.

Would you sleep with someone covered in croc poo? I probably would for Jessica Alba, but shes special :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back