Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet, I've got $450 atm, but have 2 weeks worth of pay to come, so will spend FA from now on so we have ample money and as you said, encase the wagon ****s itself we'll need a few spare dollars. Will head into some camera shops and see what I can find, I'll need both a new battery and a car charger, there's no way I would last 2 weeks in the outback without a charger. Unless I had 14 batteries.
I'll get my aircon re-gassed just before we go. We'll leave in exactly 2 weeks from today as soon as I finish work (around 2pm), get out to around Lake Broadwater (near Dalby) and spend the night there and see what we can find, then make our way from there. I'm so excited I just peed a little.

Yea it's certainly quite around here tonight! Maybe we've killed it with our roadtrip discussion? I'm sure it will truck along slowly, we won't let it die!

Come monday I should have about a grand...with rent and car rego to come out of that, and if we leave 2 weeks from today I will get paid again hopefully the day we leave. I also need to invest in a headlamp as a torch is a pain in the **** when your juggling a camera and a snappy snake, I also found a garbage bin lid haha. You said you've got a tent and all that hay? Coz I don't have any of that crap up here with me.
I'm so excited that I did more than pee! :shock::D

Welcome back Keithy, we missed you :p

sounds like you guys are gonna have fun lol were are yous off to if you dont mind me asking:)

Driving round my backyard for a fortnight, should be pretty awesome!

From here (Sunshine Coast), out to Thargomindah, up to Quilpie, to Charleville, Roma, home. Here's the track on google if you don't know those places Caloundra QLD to Caloundra QLD - Google Maps
I'm going to see how much facial hair I can grow and how outback I can look

I've already been growing my facial hair for about a month so I doubt I'll look any different by the time we get back lol. I should probably get a haircut before we go though just so its not so hot! I wanna get one of those mad cowboy hats with the corks on it to shoo the flies away! :lol: I probably wont wash the whole time either... :shock:

I dislike this! There WILL be room for me! There WILL!!!

I wish you could come Amy, do you like the wind blowing on your face and like the taste of bugs? We could strap you to the roof or sit you on the bullbar...

Come monday I should have about a grand...with rent and car rego to come out of that, and if we leave 2 weeks from today I will get paid again hopefully the day we leave. I also need to invest in a headlamp as a torch is a pain in the **** when your juggling a camera and a snappy snake, I also found a garbage bin lid haha. You said you've got a tent and all that hay? Coz I don't have any of that crap up here with me.
I'm so excited that I did more than pee! :shock::D

Welcome back Keithy, we missed you :p

Driving round my backyard for a fortnight, should be pretty awesome!

I've got a spare head lamp you can use if you like? Nice work on the garbage bin lid. Yeap got the tent, gas cooker, pots and pans. I've got like a roll up mattress plus a thick doonah we can use to sleep on, I highly doubt we'll need anything to go over top in the desert, just lie on top wearing nothing but a grin!

I've already been growing my facial hair for about a month so I doubt I'll look any different by the time we get back lol. I should probably get a haircut before we go though just so its not so hot! I wanna get one of those mad cowboy hats with the corks on it to shoo the flies away! :lol: I probably wont wash the whole time either... :shock:

Haha, well make sure you don't touch it so you can look at as rough as possible! There's no way you can come back from the bush looking well groomed. I thought we were going to bath together in billabongs? If there's no water around, we'll have a bush bath with a can of Lynx.
Definitely have to get a cowboy hat! Apart from looking extremely manly and cool, the locals will look at s funny if we don't.
1 bad thing though, people won't be able to hear me coming as I'll have to take the sub woofer out to make room...
Do you have an iPod/mp3 player? You'll have to bring it otherwise you'll go crazy. If not we can throw some of your music on mine.

Last edited:
I've got a spare head lamp you can use if you like? Nice work on the garbage bin lid. Yeap got the tent, gas cooker, pots and pans. I've got like a roll up mattress plus a thick doonah we can use to sleep on, I highly doubt we'll need anything to go over top in the desert, just lie on top wearing nothing but a grin!

Yeah I'll sleep naked...but you won't mind hay? We are out there to see snakes after all...
Yep the headlamp would be great, the bin lid is plastic...thats pretty amazing I reckon!

Haha, well make sure you don't touch it so you can look at as rough as possible! There's no way you can come back from the bush looking well groomed. I thought we were going to bath together in billabongs? If there's no water around, we'll have a bush bath with a can of Lynx.
Definitely have to get a cowboy hat! Apart from looking extremely manly and cool, the locals will look at s funny if we don't.

Haha yeah I just plan to swim in billabongs and bathe in deodorant if there is no water around. I might get kicked out of town if I rock up with my hat on backwards hay? :lol: Better go to the R.M Williams store at the plaza and play cowboy dress-ups! lol

Yeah I've got my iphone with plenty of music on it...but the battery will go flat in no time, not sure if you wanna listen to my music....do you enjoy people screaming their holes out? :p

Yeah I'll sleep naked...but you won't mind hay? We are out there to see snakes after all...

Exactly! Glad to see where on the same page.

Haha yeah I just plan to swim in billabongs and bathe in deodorant if there is no water around. I might get kicked out of town if I rock up with my hat on backwards hay? :lol: Better go to the R.M Williams store at the plaza and play cowboy dress-ups! lol

Haha, they probably haven't seen a cap before and see it as work of the devil.
Keen for dress-ups!

Yeah I've got my iphone with plenty of music on it...but the battery will go flat in no time, not sure if you wanna listen to my music....do you enjoy people screaming their holes out? :p

You put up with my music for a little bit, ill put up with screaming. I have like a USB charger if you can charge them off a USB cable?

I'm sure I can get a car charger for it...it needs an ipod connection to charge with, it'll be right.

I'm pretty sure this is gunna work just fine :D

I'm sure I can get a car charger for it...it needs an ipod connection to charge with, it'll be right.

I'm pretty sure this is gunna work just fine :D

I charge my ipod in my car? So therefore I can charge you iphone. Things are working out... Forgot to tell my boss today, might ring him in the morning and tell him where he can shove his job! In 2 weeks time...

I charge my ipod in my car? So therefore I can charge you iphone. Things are working out... Forgot to tell my boss today, might ring him in the morning and tell him where he can shove his job! In 2 weeks time...

Ah ok yes I can charge it then :)

Your boss...as in your uncle?

Matt's lap is taken by dirty boobs, there's only mine left? I'm sure you won't complain.

It’s over Dan, OVER! I will sit in your lap for transportation purposes only.

I wish you could come Amy, do you like the wind blowing on your face and like the taste of bugs? We could strap you to the roof or sit you on the bullbar...

Woo hoo! Anything for a roadtrip! You can tie 2 frying pans and a rope to the back of the car and I’ll ski along the road. :p

It’s over Dan, OVER! I will sit in your lap for transportation purposes only.

Woo hoo! Anything for a roadtrip! You can tie 2 frying pans and a rope to the back of the car and I’ll ski along the road. :p

It's gunna be awfully bumpy out there you know ;):lol:

Now I would love to see that! :lol: Do you reckon you could hold on for a few thousand kilometres? Do you have no problem with washing in billabongs? Will you dress up like a cowboy? Will you sleep naked? Do you drink beer? Are you afraid of rednecks?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back