Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been told that the pygmy mulgas are being split up and the ones from the Kimberley area are P. weigeli and the ones from the Mt. Isa area (where this one was found) are P. pailsi ...I am just going off info that I was given by somebody that works for the QLD museum.
I also think that I stuffed up with my P. aspidorhyncha and it may actually be P. mengdeni?

Where was the brown found? It looks more like an aspidorichna to me.

It was found at Windorah, this is a picture of an aspidorhyncha I took over the weekend in the St. George area...to me they look very different in the head shape and head size compared to the rest of the body?

Who knows!? It does have a slightly rounder look to it's head so maybe mengdeni. But they just about all look the same to me!

It was found at Windorah, this is a picture of an aspidorhyncha I took over the weekend in the St. George area...to me they look very different in the head shape and head size compared to the rest of the body?

Scott Keogh's work on the P.nuchalis complex wasn't exhuastive - there were several areas where no DNA specimens were used, including all of QLD. You need to key the animal out, rather than rely on locality information.

Matt & I were talking this morning, and when looking at the rostral scale (in other photos of the same snake) on this snake compared to that of a P. aspidorhyncha along with a P. mengdeni we found in Alice Springs, we're quite positive this is a P. mengdeni.

Matt & I were talking this morning, and when looking at the rostral scale (in other photos of the same snake) on this snake compared to that of a P. aspidorhyncha along with a P. mengdeni we found in Alice Springs, we're quite positive this is a P. mengdeni.

Can you post up the other pics? They'd be good to have a geeze at.

tn_IMG_0114-1.jpg

tn_IMG_0089-1.jpg

Can you post up the other pics? They'd be good to have a geeze at.

Sure, here you can see the difference in the size of the rostral scale. The P. aspidorhyncha shot is a bit dark but you get the idea.

The Brown we are talking about from Windorah
Picture751.jpg

Compared to P. aspidorhyncha found near St. George
Picture209-1.jpg

And a P. mengdeni in Alice Springs
Pmengdeni.jpg

And just because, P. textilis
Picture108-1.jpg

Last edited:
Breed that common tiger Moose. Seems to be impossible to find nicely banded captives for sale.

i can finally make a contribution to this thread

3y old male curl snake

Attachments

• DSCF0150[1].jpg
    DSCF0150[1].jpg
    93 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCF0141[1].jpg
    DSCF0141[1].jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCF0147[1].jpg
    DSCF0147[1].jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 70