Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres some more
Spotted Mulga, Bandy Bandy, Carpentaria Snake, Copperhead and Curl Snake.

Attachments

• DSC_5719.jpg
    DSC_5719.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC_0709.jpg
    DSC_0709.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC_0174.jpg
    DSC_0174.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 91
  • SANY0027.jpg
    SANY0027.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC_0491.jpg
    DSC_0491.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 88
Western Tiger, Common Tiger, Eastern Brown, Alpine Copperhead.

Attachments

• DSC_5557.jpg
    DSC_5557.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC_0329.jpg
    DSC_0329.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC_5819.jpg
    DSC_5819.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 96
  • SANY0276.JPG
    SANY0276.JPG
    234.6 KB · Views: 102
that boschami is actually a dunmalli...nice pics

Heres some more
P1010950.jpg

P1010958.jpg

And this little guy sent me to hospital last week!!!
P1010984.jpg
P1010983.jpg

Is there any way that ven keepers can have antivenom on hand if they pay for it? Would be easier than having to fly it in from up north or something if it was a species from far away.

Well what happened Jay was as this guy is so small i wanted him to feed straight up and his head twisted in my fingers and managed to get 1 fang into me... I went to hospital the doctor asked me if i keep antivenom i said "no" His reply was "your screwed then as the death adder is an exotic species"... After afew words he finally realised that they were native Australian snakes and after some more investigating we find out that Bendigo hospital stocks the synthetic anti venom..

His reply was "your screwed then as the death adder is an exotic species"
Wow that's gotta inspire confidence in the guy who is supposed to be in charge of your life. Glad it worked out for you. Any lasting effects?

Just sore joints up to my elbow..... He was a great doctor don't get me wrong just no knowledge of snakes....lol... Btw i did'nt need any antivenom....

Wow that's gotta inspire confidence in the guy who is supposed to be in charge of your life. Glad it worked out for you. Any lasting effects?

You need to remember that doctors are experts in the feild of saving lives not in the feild of reptiles. He was probably told that hospitals don't stock AV for anything other than elapids and made the mistake of thinking death adders are adders, which i think is reasonable.

Thats gotta be a scary experience! Im doing an advanced reptile course soon that involves handling vens and i cant wait till i can get an advance licence and start keeping them myself but oh man thats gotta be scary!

Oh ok yeah that makes sense Gordo (both of you :p). So did you not need the AV because you treated it properly when you first got tagged?

no although they did say i done everything right i bandaged it up and then sat on the couch there was not enough venom to do me harm just had to stay in 12 hours... I am so lucky it was'nt it's mother she is a huge snake!!

Technically adders are exotic to the bendigo area and I'm surprised they stock the anti-venom, I thought they would have to fly it up from Melbourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back