Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kersten, that pic is just too cute.

Thanks Channi, the camera is Kris' favourite toy at the moment lol. Nothing goes undocumented. I think I have more shots of this lot of hatchlings than I do of my own kids :shock: :lol:

Nice little.....keelback
roughie-1.jpg

I'll only be impressed when I see a pic of that keelback chewing your finger DP, remember the more blood the stronger you are

dpeica your keen.........that keelback holds the record in QLD for the longest hospital trip......Bigger balls than me...

I guess we shouldn't show pics like this....

Attachments

• inland.jpg
    inland.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 322
yep thats cool...... i just do not trust ....R.S they go from :D to :evil::evil::evil:......

Nice little Rough Scale is that the only one you have? Has any one here or know of some one who has been bitten by one? A mate of mine had one and he gave it a live mouse and it knocked it out with in less then 15 seconds, so i can see that it would pack a punch and not something i would like to experience.

G'day elapid,

I know several people who have copped bad Roughie bites. The first one was totally unconcious in 6 minutes, another was gone in 4 minutes. Another APS member, who we'll keep anonymous, received a fairly minor bite compared to those two but still received multiple vials of Tiger antivenom. I also know there's been a few fatalities attributed to them as well.

In my eyes they are on par with the likes of Eastern Browns and Coastal Taipans...

Cheers

I know of someone who was bitten by a small one out herping and went to hospital and had no problems at all. aps member aswell, they know there snakes. would it have been a dry bite? might be the same member jonno is talking about. thanks.

...but much easier to find.

Stewart

not really. all 3 are hard to find, dont see rough scales, we have perfect habitat here, dont see browns we have perfect habitat here (have seen 1 adult 1 at the beach) dont see taipans out of there distribution range, plus I doubt them being found anywere in nsw despite the 2 records from near grafton, they would have hitched a ride it gets to cold in winter for them here

Haha you just need to hone your Brown Snake finding skills Stewey, they are everywhere out here :)

PS: I love you

I think I just need to start going out during the day. I've had no luck looking for nocturnal browns.

And I've told you before - I'm strictly buttered side up.

Stewart

how about some tips of finding the rough scaled snakes, we got littoral rainforest and wet sclerophyll forest around here, so why are we not finding them.

Hi Ryan,

I know of a good spot for rough-scales. If you head towards Dorrigo, then keep driving north for another 645 km, you'll get to a place called Mount Glorious. I've found heaps of them there.

Stewart
PS: Sorry, I can't offer any serious advice to you!

stewart ,the hatchy browns are out n about have caught 2 in the past few days ,one inside my house ,which was a surprise for me ...and i posted a hatchy i got last weekend ,in my hubbys esky ...nothing proves more love then a smoko box with a eastern brown in it :)

lol suppose it would help if I had a car :lol: although if I did have a car I wouldnt bother looking for all the locale snakes that much, would be heading out to somewhere better for herps. next sunday I should have some pics of some. going to a spot where people I know have found them, the people I know that have found them will be there, I will be there, will be there 3 days. so hopefully will see them. wouldnt mind seeing a death adder, a stephens banded snake and some saltuarius moritzii there either (they have seen all 3 of them species aswell)

how about some tips of finding the rough scaled snakes, we got littoral rainforest and wet sclerophyll forest around here, so why are we not finding them.

I have caught 4 in the past month in port macquarie around light house and bonny hills. They where all call outs. So there definatly around.

Thanks for that info Jonno. Very impressive little creatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back