Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
stewart ,the hatchy browns are out n about have caught 2 in the past few days ,one inside my house ,which was a surprise for me ...and i posted a hatchy i got last weekend ,in my hubbys esky ...nothing proves more love then a smoko box with a eastern brown in it :)

your hubby must really love you and your cooking etc.......:D

oh ok, that is about 1 hour away from us, maybe I should head up that way, I did head out near kew, which is near there. all I saw was a blind snake and a golden crowned snake. on the way back from the herp meetings have seen a burtons and a dead intergrade maybe I should start going for a night drive around the area before we go home.

juvies09010.jpg

Just a strange question,
Im noticing alot of wild elapid pics taken directly from the side (ground level), do you guys lay on the ground or kneel down etc?

Awsome shots Henry, makes my tigers look like rubbish!

juvies09002.jpg

juvies09001.jpg

Yes, i was lying on the ground.... You can't see the tent pegs I've driven through the snake to stop it launching forward and biting me. I just crop them out.

-H

Tent pegs!!?!?! Now, why didn't I think of that? I've been using star pickets. The snakes always seem quite lethargic afterwards.

Stewart

you all do it the hard way. just take along a freezer in the car. freeze them all then take the pics, no worries about the snake moving, just make sure you dont over freeze it or it will snap when you try to pose it. wont have to crop the pics then.

Yeah, they don't look too good. They look pretty tyred. Speaking of, I'm off to bed.

Stewart

Lowland copperheads just arrived today.

Attachments

• wannabe 049 (Large).jpg
    wannabe 049 (Large).jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 213
  • wannabe 041 (Large).jpg
    wannabe 041 (Large).jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 245
dont see enough copperhead pics. how about some shots of an adult. this has to be one of the best threads in ages, apart from the herping threads

This is the new mum, not the best pic.

Attachments

• wannabe 028 (Custom).jpg
    wannabe 028 (Custom).jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 222
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back