Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baxtor what sort of enclosure do you keep your copperhead in and why do you use straw. It seems like a good idea, I have all my hides in the pits filled with straw but never thought to use it as a substrate.

Gorgeous little coppers Baxtor! And sensational pics Nephrurus! Wow!

Speaking of copperheads, I'm not sure if I've posted these already. Hard to keep track of 69 pages :lol:

A wild one:

1DSC_0120.jpg

And my lil' baby :D (who's actually a fair bit bigger than this now)

CSC_0345.jpg

Baxtor what sort of enclosure do you keep your copperhead in and why do you use straw. It seems like a good idea, I have all my hides in the pits filled with straw but never thought to use it as a substrate.

mark, The enclosure shown in one of the pics is not her normal one and the hay is not the usual substrate but more of a "birthing chamber" sort of thing. It gives them plenty of cover as soon as they are born and it helps a lot for that first shed. Normally my snakes get newsprint or hand towel in front opening enclosures but when I think it's getting close she goes in with the hay.

love the copper heads...so cute ,are they as placid (hatchy) as they seem in the pics Bax? or moose? unlike the EB's little stinking agro buggers...:)

Sorry for the dodgy pictures, didn't turn out the way i would of like them to

Attachments

• tai1.jpg
    tai1.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 58
  • tai2.jpg
    tai2.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 50
  • tai3.jpg
    tai3.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 57
  • tai4.jpg
    tai4.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 62
i keep all my elapids on hay other than 2 tigers which are inside there on news paper havent had any problems yet saying that i have heard that other people have had problems with there snakes getting a type of hay fever thingy im thinkin its the dust but may be not and why do i keep them on hay because i have a shed full of the stuff its there its easy :D

love the copper heads...so cute ,are they as placid (hatchy) as they seem in the pics Bax? or moose? unlike the EB's little stinking agro buggers...:)

I have not come across a copperhead yet that was not placid, young or old. I am sure you could get one to bite but I reckon it would require a lot of abuse.

Just a strange question,
Im noticing alot of wild elapid pics taken directly from the side (ground level), do you guys lay on the ground or kneel down etc?

Yep, hard to get down on their level any other way.....just avoid the pointy end :lol:

Tiger shots are great Henrietta, time you got over here to play with some black and yellow ones.
Jordan

I'm going to try and scam my way over before winter Jordan.... I'll give you notice to put out pits!

-H

i LOVE THOSE PICS OF THE COPPERHEADS........................
very very very very very very very very very very very nice
would love to see some more pics of them.
They really are spectacular...................
cheers steve

i LOVE THOSE PICS OF THE COPPERHEADS........................
very very very very very very very very very very very nice
would love to see some more pics of them.
They really are spectacular...................
cheers steve

another

Attachments

• tigers 069 (Medium).jpg
    tigers 069 (Medium).jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 294
new ones at my house

Attachments

• red.jpg
    red.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 236
  • tiger.jpg
    tiger.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 300
Thought i would add this sexy little fella that a mate relocated.

Attachments

• IMG_0503.jpg
    IMG_0503.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0495.jpg
    IMG_0495.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 255
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back