Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a little wild Black-Bellied Swamp Snake (Hemiasspis signata) in my backyard

Attachments

• 100_7250.jpg
    100_7250.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 104
some more.

Attachments

• DSC_2226.JPG
    DSC_2226.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC_2230.JPG
    DSC_2230.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 73
Road killed black whip

23032009145y.jpg

23032009144y.jpg

Ant killed Northern Shovel nose
26032009206y.jpg

Had a gorgeous pattern and different to the only other one i've seen
26032009210y.jpg

And I do know what this one is... but i want to see if any of you know lol.

24032009174y.jpg

24032009173y.jpg

24032009172y.jpg

24032009167y.jpg

24032009169y.jpg

The one person who i thought would pic it did. It is a Demansia Quaesitor. A recently described species that is apparently reasonably common around the Hodgson Downs area, which just happen to be about where i was.

I have never heard this one before, must be true though if a herper told you.:rolleyes:
Well Peter there ya go there is some truth to the matter ...Thanks EIPPER ;)....sometimes the truth is there amongst the overall crap now :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I love that taipan shot ...makes you wanna give it a good head scratch ...lol ..your adder is a sweet baby sturdy ...cant wait to see more as your collection gets bigger :)

I love that taipan shot ...makes you wanna give it a good head scratch ...lol ..your adder is a sweet baby sturdy ...cant wait to see more as your collection gets bigger :)

hehe well

ive just sold some non ven stuff to make room for a bank of 3 enclosures, and im tossing up the idea of moving some of the pythons around the house to free up another wall in the herp room to fit another bank of 3 URS large vivs.

ON Pseudechis porphyriacus....

I have worked with P. p from Gippsland, Barmah area, Bendigo, Nagambie in Vic, ones from Syd, Scone, Tenterfield and Eden in NSW and from Lake Barrine, Airlie Beach, Kroombit tops, Gold Coast area in QLD.

As a general rule most specimens from Victoria are smaller on average in length but tend to be stockier, there snouts (nasal, rostrals and first and second supralabials are black to dark brown, however one specimen had a lighter snout) the specimens from Eden in NSW are also similar. Often the red is not as bright as specimens from further north.

One from around Syd and North to Kroombit Tops are larger than Southern ones often with brown to light brown snouts however the colouration seems to travel further along the head, up to the third supralabial and on to the internasals as well as the nasal, rostral, mental and both first and second supralabials. Usually bright red on sides.

From 4 specimens I have seen from the Northern extent of their range they have had cream to white on the prefrontals, internasals, rostral, supralabials, mental and labial scales, the extent of this makes them look quite distinctive. The white to cream may almost replace the red "belly" along the body, however most don't have the bright red seen in the mid range specimens. They can be quite long however their build is similar to that of the mid range specimens.

I cannot comment of the population from the Adelaide hills, SA as I have not seen a confirmed specimen from that local.

Hope this Helps,
Scott Eipper
well peter i wouldnt say this is something he made up now ....

well peter i wouldnt say this is something he made up now ....
I, unlike you obviously, am interested to see research data. Thats what I am interested in. I dont doubt Scott and from what he says he has obviously weighed and measured the snakes.

As I said Peter ...is it myth? or is there some truth to it? and after reading Scott's post ,I really am satisfied ,and yeah dont care for the research data as such...I would presume that Scott wouldve recorded his finds anyway ,so for me, thats good enough to say that the possibility of these finds is true .

That picture of the Taipan Sturdy is awesome,i honestly cant beleive this threat is still going...Anyone that has a pictures of Stephens Banded could you please post a few,cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back