Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Their has been alot of input on this thread from some seriously experienced Diamond keepers and breeders on the not seen alien diamonds, in the known range of true Diamonds. This supports my paltry 10 yrs experience on the Central Coast, & Sydneys Northern Beaches. Diamond Pythons South of Newcastle...ish, have no characteristics of Coastals whatsoever. True efficianados of DP,S know this. So give it a rest hybrid fanciers, cos thats exactly what they look like, and thats what they are.:|

Can I just say the person who started the buffalo soldier song is pure:evil:. I haven't been able to get that song out of my head.:x:shock:;)

diamonds

If there were both "typical" and abberant hatchlings in this clutch,could we see some pics of the "typical" siblings?I would really like to see them for comparison.If they have already been posted I missed them.It would be nice to see them side by side,to see the variability and know if the pairing produced "typical" appearing diamonds with rosettes.
Jamey

As for Matts,which are absolutly gorgous, unless he collected them himself from known Diamond areas he can not be sure whats behind his lines.

No arguments there Bob. Interesting debate none-the-less. It's pity people get frustrated when confronted with an opposing view.

Matt

Just to throw some fuel on the fire, both parents of Dans young have been shown as high yellows, yet Dan sent me a pic of the female months ago and she looked just like a standard Diamond. They was also a wild caught intergrade being kept by dan at the same time. Food for thought.

Daniel says...
The snake was a "suspected intergrade" caught on a rescue. I had it for two days in a tub and it was in my house away from my collection. That "suspected intergrade" was also a female and certainly was not the snake that produced the eggs.

Now come on, that doesn't rule it out though, these snakes are pretty sneaky. Of course the fact that it was a female does really throw a spanner in the works :lol:

Daniel says...
The snake was a "suspected intergrade" caught on a rescue. I had it for two days in a tub and it was in my house away from my collection. That "suspected intergrade" was also a female and certainly was not the snake that produced the eggs.

this photo was taken of a wild diamond on a mates property just south of terrigal.no stripe but it has a thin banded pattern not like "traditional gosford" style,yet it is in the heart of gosford territory.is it still a Gosford?

Last edited:
That would be a Terrigal Diamond, is Terrigal near Gosford ? A Gosford Diamond only applies to a Diamond found in Gosford, it isn't a 'type' of Diamond.

That would be a Terrigal Diamond, is Terrigal near Gosford ? A Gosford Diamond only applies to a Diamond found in Gosford, it isn't a 'type' of Diamond.

Well for those who dont know, Terrigal is within Gosford "Shire".

So these unusual looking Diamonds are from "Gosford" Boa?
As your reasoning would call for a name change if both parents
where collected elsewhere, like forresters beach?
As was mentioned on another forum.

terrigal is about 50km from gosford,
that "terrigal" diamond look was different to the ones i find in lake maquarie. the ones i find have smaller diamonds on them.

Well strictly speaking I suppose it would be a Terrigal Diamond. Diamonds do seem to 'inherit' the Gosford tag regardless of where they originate as the area is associated with bright high yellow Diamonds. In actual fact it is just a Diamond, the same as a coastal found on the Sunshine Coast is just a coastal.
Nice looking snake though with very obvious banding.

Personally, I think a so called striped Diamond, looks nothing like a traditional Diamond at all.
You can add genes, locality, parents etc, etc, etc, but at the end of the day, they just don't look like
they should even be named a Diamond!

Remember...this is my own opinion.

blackghost

That's actually a very nice "Port Mac Carpet". ot that other word that people don't like to a inter........something or other. :D

Wouldn't that be like calling a Tully Jungle a Rockhampton carpet ? :)

I totally agree, it's like having a striped spotted python :)

Personally, I think a so called striped Diamond, looks nothing like a traditional Diamond at all.
You can add genes, locality, parents etc, etc, etc, but at the end of the day, they just don't look like
they should even be named a Diamond!

Remember...this is my own opinion.

blackghost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back