Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm well aware of that mate.

There NOT the same species (ALL carpet pythons)

Your interpretation would mean Imbricata and Bredli would also be the same species would it? No..

yes bredilii ,imbicata , metcalfei are al the same species same as all carpet snakes
are the same SPECIES
only thing that differs is of recent years they have been further classified
into sub species groups
still the same species though they can interbreed

fox terriers and great danes are the same species then.....as they can also interbreed and belong to the same family group.... (not a good example I know, but hey)

Wrong..

Variagata NEVER included Bredli, or Metcalfi.

They are NOT Morelia Spilota. They are NOT the same species.

Anyway..

tra lala, this thread is getting a lil nasty :D

For me i think some standard coastal's can be downright hideous but whats the difference to any other snake? Every single snake imo has some ugly specimens going around. I mean just look at some of Steve's and Jungleland's morphs, they are awesome. I would personally give up a chance to own most snakes any day to get my hands on Steve's second last coastal, Saturn ;)

I know a few people might not like this but hey its the same as calling a coastal but ugly and "worthless" etc, but the downright ugliest head on a python would have to be a BHP imo, personally i dont want to look at those ugly worms that look like somones wrapped their hands around its neck and dipped it in a bucket of black paint :p but that just my opinion. The majority of the colour's dont do nothing for me either but like i said before any snake will have some beauty's and the designer bhp's that were posted in that thread last week quite take my liking.

blah blah blah

dude have you smoking crack ?

there all morelia spilota
every one of the carpets

if there not try and tell me what genus there from
and what species they are
LOL

A lot of people including the Barker's, have Bredli listed as Morelia bredli, which means they are a different species to Morelia spilota, so it depends on what classifcation you want to go by.

Last edited by a moderator:
there all morelia spilota
every one of the carpets

if there not try and tell me what genus there from
and what species they are
LOL

Genus: Morelia
Species: spilota

I think the debate is if the "Bredli" is M. bredli or M. s. bredli

Not that Bredli belongs to any other Genus besides Morelia

hahaha

Long day. I WISH I was smoking something lol.

What I mean't.. Yes, there all under Morelia Spilota, all carpets yes.

I just wanted to clear up that they are not the same species, your right there all sub species of Morelia Spilota, but sub species breeding to sub species is still creating a hybrid, and thats what I am on about lol...

I give up lol

yeah where the confusion is is between subspecies

and from time to time they get re classified

they all have the same physical appearance
accept for pigmentation and a few minor differances

some tend to grow to different sizes
but at the end of the day there almost the same snake

and in a total different way to dogs for example
there all captive cross bred to and have completly different physical characteristics
over the last few thousand years

it would probably take thousands of yearsor longer as they dont breed as muchof captivecarpet snake breeding to make that much differance physically :D

So hating Coastals is all down to their colours?? What, not flashy enough??

So the personality and captive behaviour of a Coastal means nothing?

Sorry slim6y, i know you only want the haters, but here's a pic of the most attractive python i have ever seen in my life!

Last edited:
No offence meant, serpenttongue, but to me, that's pretty damned ugly.

A lot of people including the Barker's, have Bredli listed as Morelia bredli, which means they are a different species to Morelia spilota, so it depends on what classifcation you want to go by.

yeah thats the thing,depends on whos classification
they debate and change them from time to time
and will continue to as more study is done

it would be funny if someone took a coastal carpet and cross bred it with a bredli
or an imbricata as this wouldnt occur in the wild as there geographically so far apart

people would call out for the blood of the offspring LOL

but coastels overlap with all the other carpets range of habitation normally
especially with diamonds

"it would be funny if someone took a coastal carpet and cross bred it with a bredli"

Already been done mate... where ya been!

Coastals DONT overlap with Diamonds... Geeeeeeesssuuuzzzz!!!!

Serp - I bet I can guess the locale of that one ;-)

I'm not a big fan of the hypo either, but I certainly wouldn't say no to one.

hey guys dont get too nasty,.. I havnt read this tread yet, . as Im at work,. hopefully it at least lasts till I get home ;)

were not even half way yet are we Joel!!! I hate you! lol

Snakepimp - are you really AlienPunk in disguise???!!

Tell me where Diamonds and Coastals meet in the wild? They dont.

The range between them is inhabited by natural intergrades... this time WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKIN haha

Aspidites, i wasn't expecting anyone to like her. I dont go for all the bright, flashy colours and perfect markings (as most do), i tend to see snakes a lot differently to most other keepers, and i think she is absolutely glorious. A real stunner.

Serp - I bet I can guess the locale of that one ;-)

Come on then, let's see what ya made of:).

Aspidites, i wasn't expecting anyone to like her. I dont go for all the bright, flashy colours and perfect markings (as most do), i tend to see snakes a lot differently to most other keepers, and i think she is absolutely glorious. A real stunner.

Fair enough, serpenttongue. To each their own, huh? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back