Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"where coastals overlap with diamonds you get a mixture obviously
but when do you get just diamonds or just carpets??
when do coastals stop then intergrade and then inlands start?
where do jungles come into the equation and coastals cease to be??

being all morelia spilota it could get hard to tell
which is the dominant gene in the gene pool?"

This another G Up or what??!

Coastals DONT overlap with Diamonds, for gods sake!!

You JUST get Diamonds from about just South of Port Stephens. You JUST get Coastals from about Coffs Harbour.

In between are NATURAL intergrades... How many times do we need to explain it...

re The

I remember when diamonds were 20 dollars each and carpets were 10 dollars,yeh like the common bluetongue adults 1 dollar and blotched blue tonges 2 dollars that used to be mainly in the daily telegraph free adds section in the late 60s and early 70s i used to love reading those adverts on weekends.The first carpet (coastal) i had was an average adult purchased from Brian Lazell in western sydney,was from brunswick head near the sea,it did very well and i had it a number of years,was like a coffs harbour in colouration,very good colour and markings,10 dollars LOL The coastal carpets are onley common for those that live within their distribution,ive onley caught about half a dozen carpets over the years but many diamonds as they are the norm here.

10 reasons I hate coastals;

1) I can't afford them, especially Jay 76's crackers that are in such high demand by the big breeders
2) Because when i'm feeding them to my bhp's i would feel sorry for them if i liked them
3) I got mauled by a big wild one once
4) Because they are linked to a club
5) Because the very definition of a coastal is dubious - a lot of the ones i'm seeing aren't naturally occuring so therefore are no longer coastals
6) Because they have huge clutches and i am too lazy to look after all the hatchlings
7) Because i'm afraid that with the sheer amount of them being bred that some of these animals will end up neglected
8) They take up too much space which i don't have enough of
9) Because i have to keep moving them away from my slasher which makes the job take longer and if i don't the big ones jam the blades
10) I removed a banana bunch cover once and a medium sized one defecated on my face

Na all the above is crap, the fact of the matter is i'm jealous of everyones impressive collections and it makes me feel like a big man to ridicule others especially Steve. It's like fishing really, a good sport! I think i must be sexually frustrated or something!

its liek the 10th commandment......................thou shall not be shat upon.:p

Slim6y, I just hate them damn things don't you get it;):D:D

I don't have to give you a reason why:shock: that's why I only keep a FEW of them like this ones here.

Hey Pugs, were not even half way LOL

RPs.jpg

re The

Slim6y, I just hate them damn things don't you get it;):D:D

I don't have to give you a reason why:shock: that's why I only keep a FEW of them like this ones here.

Hey Pugs, were not even half way LOL

RPs.jpg

Thats a red hot looking python jungleland,soooo dam nice,(dribbles on keyboard) :):):)

Zulu you must be the oldest person on here. How much were the dinosaurs back then? two bob?:lol:
I remember the good old days:)
This thread is a bit like groundhog day though.

Thats a red hot looking python jungleland,soooo dam nice,(dribbles on keyboard) :):):)

Thanks Zulu Man, I'm sure you seen them around back them old days, just did'nt take note of them;) Snakes like fashion LOL flavour of the month kind of thing

Morelia spilota australiana:D:D:D

re The

Zulu you must be the oldest person on here. How much were the dinosaurs back then? two bob?:lol:
I remember the good old days:)
This thread is a bit like groundhog day though.

Yeh ime a bit ancient LOLz, fifty one years roaming the planet,Mr Newbeard i dont remember the dinosaurs they i died out when i was a titty sucker,them were the days! :):):)

re The

Didnt see coastals like yours when i started out jungleland,people didnt breed much,they just went out and caught them or bought them off of someone that had done a trip up north,some incredible looking carpets being bred these days!

"where coastals overlap with diamonds you get a mixture obviously
but when do you get just diamonds or just carpets??
when do coastals stop then intergrade and then inlands start?
where do jungles come into the equation and coastals cease to be??

being all morelia spilota it could get hard to tell
which is the dominant gene in the gene pool?"

This another G Up or what??!

Coastals DONT overlap with Diamonds, for gods sake!!

You JUST get Diamonds from about just South of Port Stephens. You JUST get Coastals from about Coffs Harbour.

In between are NATURAL intergrades... How many times do we need to explain it...

can you read and see dude or are your eyes painted on??

my question didnt state northen most diamonds living further north than the most southernmost carpets,
we all know about the intergrade

before you didnt even know all carpets are the same species M.spilota

my question was at what point does for example a diamond ,no longer considered to be a
diamond but an intergrade and when does that intergrade cease to be an intergrade and become a coastal carpet?

have you written a paper on it ?wel im puttin it outthere for discussion on this point
not after retarded answers LOL

it is stated in a complete guide to australian reptiles,which i regard highly as a source of info
"it remains to be demonstrated whether these reprasent valid ssp. or mere colour variants"

peace

Mate I have tried to remain civil in this, but you are a complete w.....

First you say:

"where coastals overlap with diamonds you get a mixture obviously"

Then you say:

"my question didnt state northen most diamonds living further north than the most southernmost carpets,"

Your an idiot.

I answered your question also genius:

You JUST get Diamonds from about just South of Port Stephens. You JUST get Coastals from about Coffs Harbour (North).

Fair dinkum....

My eyes might be painted on, but at least my brain works..

by definition of an overlap,an intergrade is just that ,your intellect is amazing

dont go spewin hate if you dont understand something

especially when a valid question is asked ,sunshine

we are all interested in the same thing

come lets cyber hug as herpetological brothers
who love coastal carpets and there intergrades

in a totaly non gay way of corse
hahahaa
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back