Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
one of the light fittings has stopped working in my jungles tank. its been like this a few weeks and the temperatures been hovering around 25-27. i was putting off the $140 to get it fixed because i thought with summer i would be able to do with just the one light (i have 2). however its been so cold for a summer down here in victoria.
the problem is when i bought her the guy said her temp has to be at least 28 otherwise she wont digest her food and it will rot in her and she will die. yet the same guy gave me a care sheet telling me lower temperatures.
i just want to know if its safe to feed her or not. as she hasnt eaten for 1-2months now?
thanks

Was never a fan of Jungles until I finally bought these 6 months ago....... little suckers will bite anything that moves however........ Russel Grant lineage......

Here's a few more B&W Julattens which hatched a few days before Xmas. If you look carefully, you will see a small water bowl under there somewhere.

View attachment 178672

Here's a few more B&W Julattens which hatched a few days before Xmas. If you look carefully, you will see a small water bowl under there somewhere.

congrats mate :D great stuff

cheers mate.. here they are this morning. last two pics are the clutch in two seperate lots before I seperate them to individual tubs. still one to come out of the egg fully as well.

There are some nice patterns happening in there mate...well done! thanks
Do you keep your vermiculite more on the dry or wet side for your Jungles Colin? usually a little bit drier than 50/50 water to vermiculite, probably around 45/55. you can always add a little bit of water to the vermiculite later if you need to..

Hi Wayne, i bred those.
Colin, great looking hatchies as usual.
Nice Jungles everyone.

Hey Craig, did you breed these ones yourself or did they come from Joel (Jungleland)? They look very similar to the ones I've just purchased from him.

Well done Colin, make sure you update us with some pics when they fully emerge.

163467_1779796739366_1372838343_31964788_2334595_n.jpg

165232_1779786459109_1372838343_31964762_8175532_n.jpg

68226_1745344398079_1372838343_31898875_5742964_n.jpg

162744_1779787939146_1372838343_31964764_3631045_n.jpg

---------- Post added 27-Dec-10 at 09:02 AM ----------

Damn

was not aware it would crop her nose off in that 1st Pic

hey would someone be able to answear this quickly i was wondering if anyone uses aspen shavings for their jungles, and if they have any problems with it ?

hey would someone be able to answear this quickly i was wondering if anyone uses aspen shavings for their jungles, and if they have any problems with it ?

I use to use it for everything mate...never had any issues and it's real easy to keep clean. The only problem is the expense of buying it now. You use to be able to pick up a large bag for around $27, now they are $50 plus. The overseas market decided to double their prices here in OZ, which is a real shame as imo it was the best substrate you could use!

yea thanks i used to use it for my spotted he loved it just wasnt sure about the jungles, any way thanks will have to check the prices out.

Some of my hatchies just had their first shed tonight. A few pics of some of them....

the 3rd and 5th pic are the same animal.

The 4th pic is similar to one i hatched last year that was a lot paler than the others and turned into a nice animal and I only sold it recently and have regretted doing it so I think I might hang onto this one even though it is not as pale as the one from last year.

A couple more still need to shed and once they do the feeding attempts will start!

this is the mother of the hatchies above eagerly awaiting her feed! She is 4 years old and a really nice placid animal unless their is qauil within striking range :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back