Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
100_4204.jpg

Yearling b&Y's

Just took a quick pic of my yearling Black and Yellow. Hope she holds it....We'll see how she turns out. Oh yeah and a pic of one of my other female SXR at 14 months.

he's huge....absolutely gorgeous.and i bet he thinks he's cool.wish my snakes would grow faster...hahahahahah.is he nice to handle?i bet he likes to 'hug'.
cheers for sharing

Can anyone predict the colouring our pythons will get? I'm hoping they will go yellow or white, but I can't tell. I saw earlier in this thread that someone posted a pic of a hatchie pre shed, and it was similar in colour to these, and someone said it would go a real vivid yellow. How can you tell?

Here they are

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_1005.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1009.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

010.jpg

020.jpg

021-Copy.jpg

When people predict colours like that its usually based on what the parents look like and possibly how previous clutches have turned out.
Nearly all Jungles look like yours at that age.
What colour were the parents?

I saw the mother, she was a nice looking snake but I can't remember if she was more yellow or greeny brown. This would be due to my ignorance, I didn't know jungles were usually yellow when I bought them. I guess time will tell :) I'll ask the breeder now and see what I am told.

you will know whether they will be yellow or white based on the locality of the parents....if the bubbie snake is going to be white it will be a julatten......they are the white ones

Ok, no drama's. Thanks for the replies. I really like owning snakes, it's a great new experience :D

I saw the mother, she was a nice looking snake but I can't remember if she was more yellow or greeny brown. This would be due to my ignorance, I didn't know jungles were usually yellow when I bought them. I guess time will tell :) I'll ask the breeder now and see what I am told.
A lot of Jungles wont turn out to be a high yellow, if you want a high yellow jungle and your buying a hatchie then do some research on the line your buying and the quality of the parents, then if your lucky you may get a stunner

Thanks! There are actually two snakes in those pics, one is the female and the other is the male, they both have the prominent dorsal stripes. Why are these sought after? I guess I got lucky in regards to handling, they aren't snappy at all :D

The male is in the first pic, he's easy to tell because he kinda has a penis on his head (excuse the vulgarity lol) the balls and the rest aren't connected, so he definitely looks like the male haha. The female has a similar thing but it's all in one shape.

Can anyone predict the colouring our pythons will get? I'm hoping they will go yellow or white, but I can't tell. I saw earlier in this thread that someone posted a pic of a hatchie pre shed, and it was similar in colour to these, and someone said it would go a real vivid yellow. How can you tell?

Here they are
[/IMG]

they are gorgeous kawasaki rider!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back