Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the SXR's are really nice, here is another from Colin
207430_1812608109892_1080709962_1996241_7507120_n.jpg

D3pro I can see the head shape again...really nice.......i am really starting to get my head around what I like with the jungles.....and I love that look !!

View attachment 193766View attachment 193765

Hi Geckoman...love the SXR you just posted reminds we of my Alvin on my avatar and attached who is also SXR. I didnt think he looked like simons breeding so much but looking at your jungle I think he is very similar looking what do you think ?
Personally I dont think he looks all that similar (different pattern and shade of colour) but boy is he a nice looking snake!!!

Jungles

Anyone know if jungles get brighter or duller with age?

I just purchased a male yearling who has a high yellow colour. Will he look as good when hes older?

hes also very grumpy and likes to try biting my face off when I'm putting dead rats in his cage.

Do you know what is so funny....when i bought him the breeder was downsizing and i dont think he thought he would turn out...and he let me have him...and he was about 5 months old when I got him...really tiny because he is a fussy feeder and the breeder didnt have time for him....and he was the most terrible shade of baby poo brown.....

I perservered with him and perservered with him to get him to feed and it took months and months of making sure he didnt miss a feed....even now he is so fussy he has to be exactly in the right mood to take a rat...but i am getting better at watching him and knowing when he is hungry....then all of a sudden he just came together and after a shed about 3 months ago I looked and him and thought wow you look really awesome...sent pics to the breeder and he was so happy how he had turned out for me which is nice. and his temperament is just wonderful he is really really sweet.

i know his markings are different....but his head shape...i disagree with you I can see the similar shape to his head that i think makes them look similar....

Ok, I didnt really compare the shape of the head

Anyone know if jungles get brighter or duller with age?

I just purchased a male yearling who has a high yellow colour. Will he look as good when hes older?

hes also very grumpy and likes to try biting my face off when I'm putting dead rats in his cage.
Like all Carpets they do get duller with age, some more than others.
They also get a dirty look to them, again some more than others.

Do you know what is so funny....when i bought him the breeder was downsizing and i dont think he thought he would turn out...and he let me have him...and he was about 5 months old when I got him...really tiny because he is a fussy feeder and the breeder didnt have time for him....and he was the most terrible shade of baby poo brown.....

I perservered with him and perservered with him to get him to feed and it took months and months of making sure he didnt miss a feed....even now he is so fussy he has to be exactly in the right mood to take a rat...but i am getting better at watching him and knowing when he is hungry....then all of a sudden he just came together and after a shed about 3 months ago I looked and him and thought wow you look really awesome...sent pics to the breeder and he was so happy how he had turned out for me which is nice. and his temperament is just wonderful he is really really sweet.

i know his markings are different....but his head shape...i disagree with you I can see the similar shape to his head that i think makes them look similar....

Any hints as to what cues to look for if mine persists on being fussy? I'd like to be able to tell when she's hungry lol.

Thanks for the kind words newtolovingsnake, I love them :D

Geckoman, is it likely that mine will lighten up before they get old and dull down? The male is quite light around his head and various parts of his body. Bit of a shame to hear that they get dull with age.

Im no expert but my understanding is they look their best between 1-3 years old, some snakes from decent lines will continue looking nice for quite a few years after but most will decline in the looks department after they mature

Oh well...

Can someone tell me why there are no albino jungles? Also, why are there no leucistic aussie snakes? I know there's been one or two... But not like US ball pythons.

This male Julatten B&W aged about 4 months from Colin just shed last night .
Very happy with the pair i purchased .
IMG_1166.jpg

hes looking good roger :D and will get heaps better as he has a few more sheds. Im pleased you like the male I picked out for you

Any hints as to what cues to look for if mine persists on being fussy? I'd like to be able to tell when she's hungry lol.

What I have discovered is make sure the food item is the correct size.....I gave my boy a bigger size rat I thought he would never be able tot ake and not only did he down it....he got really excited and wanted another.....also he is a once a fortnight eater....i find if i leave him till he is head down hunting I have better luck than if I keep offering food on a weekly basis....he needs a big break inbetween feeds. This friday night will be 14 days since the last feed and it has nearly killed me to wait so long when everyone else has eaten as they normally would.....Ill let you know how I get on but I am expecting him to be hungry and he will probably have a huge feed again and sleep it off. I am going to try a bigger size rat to make sure he has a decent feed as well so I can relax that I know he has fed....and yes I know before you all tell me I am panicing over nothing...I know they can go months without eating.............its just me and probably more my problem than him

Elizabeth

Beautiful Julatten......all stop posting them.....I cant have any more snakes for a while !!!!!!

What I have discovered is make sure the food item is the correct size.....I gave my boy a bigger size rat I thought he would never be able tot ake and not only did he down it....he got really excited and wanted another.....also he is a once a fortnight eater....i find if i leave him till he is head down hunting I have better luck than if I keep offering food on a weekly basis....he needs a big break inbetween feeds. This friday night will be 14 days since the last feed and it has nearly killed me to wait so long when everyone else has eaten as they normally would.....Ill let you know how I get on but I am expecting him to be hungry and he will probably have a huge feed again and sleep it off. I am going to try a bigger size rat to make sure he has a decent feed as well so I can relax that I know he has fed....and yes I know before you all tell me I am panicing over nothing...I know they can go months without eating.............its just me and probably more my problem than him

Elizabeth

Beautiful Julatten......all stop posting them.....I cant have any more snakes for a while !!!!!!

Interesting. Could you tell me by the size of my snakes in the pics if I COULD be feeding them larger items? They are getting pinky rats... No idea how many grams they are but I'd guess about 3? They're about 3.5 cm long.

Interesting. Could you tell me by the size of my snakes in the pics if I COULD be feeding them larger items? They are getting pinky rats... No idea how many grams they are but I'd guess about 3? They're about 3.5 cm long.
I would be feeding him food items about the size of the thumb in that pic, probably 2 in one feeding

This male Julatten B&W aged about 4 months from Colin just shed last night .
Very happy with the pair i purchased .
IMG_1166.jpg
All I can say is WOW

I would be feeding him food items about the size of the thumb in that pic, probably 2 in one feeding

Seriously? My thumb is WAY wider, also it's like twice as long as a pinky?

Should I try this size food to the female who won't eat, or just get her eating small items first? Thanks for the advice!

Seriously? My thumb is WAY wider, also it's like twice as long as a pinky?

Should I try this size food to the female who won't eat, or just get her eating small items first? Thanks for the advice!
Sorry I take that back, it is a bit too big, maybe your middle finger would be more realistic.
Basically if the food item is thinner than the thickest part of the snake then its too small imo, but you should go any bigger than 1.5 x the girth.
I am not an expert and its hard to gauge from pics so please take this into account

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back