Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hatchie from clutch hatched xmas 2008. these SXR line jungles dont usually colour up well till about 6 months old..
but this guy's doing ok for 3 months old.

DSC01622male11.jpg

Thats awesome mate

Wow Colin that ones gunna be a stunner if it already looks like that at 4-5 months old!

hatchie from clutch hatched xmas 2008. these SXR line jungles dont usually colour up well till about 6 months old..
but this guy's doing ok for 3 months old.

Well done Col, Hot looking jungle !!!

nice one Colin, that will be a cracker for sure !
is that my one ??? LOL

thanks guys :D yeah that ones not too shabby and can only improve..
a lot of them are about to shed so I dont have current pics..
but hopefully will have some after the weekend

Thanks for the pm Colin (cant reply?)...those jungles are incredible! Id sure like a few of them in my collection ;):D

Another Atherton Carpet. 18 odd months old now . Nice little bloke and my only Banded one.

Probably seen these before, but for those who haven't.
Picture047.jpg

1-6-06014.jpg

11011.jpg

11010.jpg

heres another couple of 3 month old hatchies from a different clutch SXR line.

DSC01671female7.jpg

DSC01668.jpg

DSC01666.jpg

looking good mate, The head pattern on that first one is awesome!!

Those couple of 3month olds are starting to colour up nicely,Colin.they will only get better with age.With your experince with Jungles do most start to get their colours at around 6 months,or longer.Can you usually tell what a hatchie only a few weeks old, or a month old, will turn out like.

Those couple of 3month olds are starting to colour up nicely,Colin.they will only get better with age.With your experince with Jungles do most start to get their colours at around 6 months,or longer.Can you usually tell what a hatchie only a few weeks old, or a month old, will turn out like.

I know this was directed at colin, but I have a male that, at a year old was shaping up to be spectacular, but a year later had dulled right out and lost all his colour. But on the other hand I have a female that is 3 yrs old and is still gaining yellow and surprises the hell out of me with each and every shed.

Having said all that generally you can get a good impression on what they are going to turn out like after the 3rd to 4th shed.

Jungles

what month do you guys start cooling your jungles to breed them ?

Kurto, you can pick a fugly duckling as a hatchie, you can't pic a screamer as some average animals turn out spectacular, as someone else said, jungles are a bit of a lucky dip, although genetics do play a role in their make-up - hotter the adults the more chance the offspring will follow suit, although this is not always the case as some screamers can produce a few "average" animals..........
cheers HK.

Kurto, this animal is a prime example of what i am on about. At 15 months of age it showed a little bit of promise - by 2 years of age it turned into one of the hottest low land jungles in the hobby.
cheers HK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back