Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Fantazmic,

Haha, the thread is called the 'Jungle Thread' so I thought 'Red Jungle Fowl' belonged here! No-one likes a joke anymore lol.

They are great hatchlings jamesjr, keepers for sure.

K. Aland has a few nice docile black and gold lines that do produce 'less typical' jungle behaviour, so fingers crossed you have the happy versions David.

Here are some Tablelands carpets. One from my striped line and another from what I suspect as axanthic. Not here to debate whether they are 'jungles' or not, just sharing..

Hey Fantazmic,

Haha, the thread is called the 'Jungle Thread' so I thought 'Red Jungle Fowl' belonged here! No-one likes a joke anymore lol.

They are great hatchlings jamesjr, keepers for sure.

K. Aland has a few nice docile black and gold lines that do produce 'less typical' jungle behaviour, so fingers crossed you have the happy versions David.

Here are some Tablelands carpets. One from my striped line and another from what I suspect as axanthic. Not here to debate whether they are 'jungles' or not, just sharing..

I really like the dual shade head pattern on the suspected axanthic mate, very nice. Makes it look like it has horns.

There sure are some cracker jungles in this thread, it would be great to some of the better examples at the Wild Expo on display, they would be winners for sure with the high intensity yellow in some of them.

I love this thread !! When I first came on the forum it was one of the threads I read from beginning to end and I could do it all over again !!!!!!!

fantazmic put a big pic up of that jungle in ur display pic looks nice

Ok seeing as you asked specially

This is Alvin.

He is really lovely, an absolute pain to feed because he wont eat the rat unless he strikes it in exactly the right place....but I absolutely adore him and he is my snake of choice for friends to have a hold of because the plus side of being a fussy feeder is he doesnt bite or strike unless he is in exactly the right mood and everything smells right etc, and I am getting really good at knowing when he is hungry because I have had to watch his moods so closely to get him to feed. I cant capture in the pics how lovely his head is becoming it is really blocky and he is getting this nice shape over the eyes. He is James Ardrie's breeding from SXR Lines. He was one of James holdbacks he decided to let go (lucky for me). He was the most terrible shade of babypoo brown when I got him and then transformed into this lovely butter yellow. The first shot is from a few weeks ago just after a shed the other pics are only a few days ago and today he really looks like he is going into shed and so isnt as bright as the first photo. He is now two years old. One day if I do ever decide to have a clutch he will definintely be part of my breeding program.

Hope you like him

Kind Regards

Elizabeth

View attachment 230964View attachment 230965View attachment 230966View attachment 230967View attachment 230968View attachment 230969

tonight

Hes really nice :) Thanks for uploading some pics :)

Had J out tonight for a snoop around the table got a couple snaps of him. Sorry bout the lighting its night time haha enjoy :)

Hey just a quick question, when do jungles really start to show there yellow/gold colouration? is it usually from the hatch or does it take a few months for there colours to truly show?

They are all different. I agree with Gozz. So far all of mine have been slow I am having to be so patient. But given my two oldest are only two I dont know what will happen next. Hubby and I were just saying our brightest snake Elvira who is two even six months ago didnt have the colour she has now. I am hoping and hoping she will be like her mother who we saw at the breeders and she was the most lovely bright yellow even at 5 years old. If that is the case and she holds her colour I will be so excited as it means I have got those lovely genes to try to go on with as well.

and the yellow can vary enormously. Some are bright electric yellow and some are more butter yellow and some go a honey colour and although I havent had a clutch the breeders I have bought from have told me there is a huge amount of variation in every clutch and it is not always easy to predict what will happen.

You are better to choose for the black markings because these dont seem to change and then see what happens with the yellow because it is very unpredictable. Thats what I do anyway.

Elizabeth

It's weird, When my snake sheds hes a ivory color about a month after shed he starts to get really yellow its strange changes back n fowards with his shed cycle

People get dissapointed somtimes with jungles as they are going past 12 months old and still very dull..... Some even make the mistake of moving them on to find out 12 months later that they're old animal is a absolute ripper as some jungles mature they turn out lovely :) patience is the key :)

I agree, although I would add that if you line breed and really know your line then you can sometimes be a little bit more sure of which ones will turn out and which ones wont....sometimes....at least thats what I found with puppies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back