Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My jungle seems to have developed a fondness for tunnelling lately. Maybe he's planning The Great Escape??

View attachment 231331

He only did a small tunnel in that photo, but has been doing much bigger ones too!

Hes really nice :) Thanks for uploading some pics :)

Had J out tonight for a snoop around the table got a couple snaps of him. Sorry bout the lighting its night time haha enjoy :)

Very nice mate one of my personal favorites for sure..

Jungle temperement

Hi, I am researching which snake to get as a first snake for my son. We really like the look of the jungle's, but after reading quite a few posts there seems to be a prevailing trend of them having a nasty temperament. Is this true in general or does someone know of a good tempered line? Thanks!

Hi, I am researching which snake to get as a first snake for my son. We really like the look of the jungle's, but after reading quite a few posts there seems to be a prevailing trend of them having a nasty temperament. Is this true in general or does someone know of a good tempered line? Thanks!

Hi Jane ;),

Well depending on where you are there is a member on here (search these forums for Colin) who breeds some really good looking, well-mannered jungles.
Our young bloke (he is 10) handles our B&W Jungles quite frequently .... they can get shirty but he has been taught to hook them out for handling . They have never looked like biting !
They are great feeders to boot .

Hope i have helped you out somewhat ....
Ben

I too would recommend Colin if you're close, but even if you aren't his animals are well worth the hassle of freight.

I've found with my jungles even though they would be classified as placid, you really have to judge them on a day to day basis. Some days they are fine, and others they just really aren't in the mood for your crap lol. Once you get familiar with their body language though you'll know when they aren't in the mood, they go into a very defensive stance and that's your queue to just leave them be.

We bought two tiger striped tullys from Roger Lester and they are darlings, my girl in particular has a beautiful temperament.

thanks for the comments and recomendations 424cuber & Khagan.

khagan is right.. you have to judhe them on a day to day basis and all snakes are individuals and all will bite under the right circumstances. Ive found some of my SXR lines usually very calm but theres others that will bite too.. the same for the B&W Julattens.. most Ive bred are very calm but theres been some very feisty ones too..

your best bet in getting some calm good looking animals is to ask a breeder you trust and want to buy from to just keep his eyes out for some nice cam hatchies. this is easy to do when your handling and feeding them weekly as they grow ready for sale.

krauss palmerston jungle lines are usually feisty and flighty in the norm (but theres always exceptions) so I wouldnt recommend them if your looking for something calmer.

thanks for the comments and recomendations 424cuber & Khagan.

khagan is right.. you have to judhe them on a day to day basis and all snakes are individuals and all will bite under the right circumstances. Ive found some of my SXR lines usually very calm but theres others that will bite too.. the same for the B&W Julattens.. most Ive bred are very calm but theres been some very feisty ones too..

your best bet in getting some calm good looking animals is to ask a breeder you trust and want to buy from to just keep his eyes out for some nice cam hatchies. this is easy to do when your handling and feeding them weekly as they grow ready for sale.

krauss palmerston jungle lines are usually feisty and flighty in the norm (but theres always exceptions) so I wouldnt recommend them if your looking for something calmer.

Hey Collin just wondering if you can send me a pm I'm inquiring about jungle hatchlings, what will be available and when you think they will be ready.. Cheers

Thank you all for your feedback. Much appreciated.

I think we might start with something a little easier to handle (maybe a woma) and probably progress to the jungles. My son still really wants a jungle even after telling him they can be ready biters.

Colin - out of interest could you please tell me how much your jungles are?
Thank you all.

Thank you all for your feedback. Much appreciated.

I think we might start with something a little easier to handle (maybe a woma) and probably progress to the jungles. My son still really wants a jungle even after telling him they can be ready biters.

Colin - out of interest could you please tell me how much your jungles are?
Thank you all.

will pm you.. no selling in non swap and shop forums so I prefer to use a pm

Hey Collin just wondering if you can send me a pm I'm inquiring about jungle hatchlings, what will be available and when you think they will be ready.. Cheers

yes will pm you ok.. theres clutch from the same parents as this one and the other similar ones I bred last season and some B&W's

DSC04288-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back