vegetarians: What are you doing it for??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vegetarian or not

• Norm

Votes: 66 88.0%
  • vegetarian

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • vegan

Votes: 6 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, if anything, the bible says NOT to eat meat.
which is why you'll find alot of churches that are almost entirely vegetarian.
such as the group that own sanatarium.
[SIZE=-1] Genesis 1:28-29
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1] 28 God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground." 29 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. [/SIZE]

we rule animals, and eat plants!

[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1] 28 God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground." 29 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. [/SIZE]

Aaaah but does it not also say

Romans, Chapter 14
Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

AND

Genesis 9.3: "Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things."
ie. You may eat living creatures, in the same way I previously said you could eat plants. So while Forensick is right in saying that the Bible doesn't initially say humans can eat animals, it does later on.

Last edited:
[/SIZE]

what about the abundance of protein that meat gives us...not to mention the the taste of tbones or porterhouse steaks. Other animals eat other animals. so if we are animals, why cant we have some meat..

what about the abundance of protein that meat gives us...not to mention the the taste of tbones or porterhouse steaks. Other animals eat other animals. so if we are animals, why cant we have some meat..

I eat meat so the taste is a given.....

as for protien.
There are 20 different amino acids in the food we eat, but our body can only make 11 of them. The 9 essential amino acids which cannot be produced by the body must be obtained from the diet. All 9 of these are found in non animal sources, and are more easily absorbed from them, than from meat.
Give that the Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for protein for the average, sedentary adult is only 0.8 grams per kilogram of body weight. The amount of grain and legumes needed for adequate protien, is actually quite low.
It's worth noting though that even that value has a large margin of safety, and the body’s true need is even lower.

more bible for ya:
"Verily I say unto you, for this end have I come into the world, that I may put away all blood offerings and the eating of the flesh of the beasts and the birds that are slain by men."

That passage in Romans is actually about fasting, not simlpy eating, or not eating, meat

more bible for ya:
"Verily I say unto you, for this end have I come into the world, that I may put away all blood offerings and the eating of the flesh of the beasts and the birds that are slain by men."

It sounds bibly but where from the bible is it?

Also could you make a translation?

It's the holiday and my logic has turned off :shock:

That passage in Romans is actually about fasting, not simlpy eating, or not eating, meat

Ummm is it not about people who don't eat meat because of their fath being weak?

Also the Romans one was the first one I found, I don't think i fully understand it;)

Last edited:
It sounds bibly but where from the bible is it?

Also could you make a translation?

It's the holiday and my logic has turned off :shock:

Ummm is it not about people who don't eat meat because of their fath being weak?

Also the Romans one was the first one I found, I don't think i fully understand it;)

lost the passage number, its a last supper quote...

-what do you want a translation of?

and yeah, from memory romans 14 is about those who fast but don't observe the day, compared to those who do actually observe the day.
so someone with greater faith my eat meat on a fast day, and someone with lesser faith may not eat meat on the fast day, but do so without truly "observing" it

I can't believe this thread is still going...
...notice mrboajangles has gone rather quiet :lol:

lost the passage number, its a last supper quote...

-what do you want a translation of?

and yeah, from memory romans 14 is about those who fast but don't observe the day, compared to those who do actually observe the day.
so someone with greater faith my eat meat on a fast day, and someone with lesser faith may not eat meat on the fast day, but do so without truly "observing" it

Translation of the "Verily I say unto you, for this end have I come into the world, that I may put away all blood offerings and the eating of the flesh of the beasts and the birds that are slain by men." thingo

Not sure but does it mean that you shouldn't make sacrifices of meat to god?

Translation of the "Verily I say unto you, for this end have I come into the world, that I may put away all blood offerings and the eating of the flesh of the beasts and the birds that are slain by men." thingo

Not sure but does it mean that you shouldn't make sacrifices of meat to god?

yes, aswell as eating animals in general...
7th day adventists follow the biblical vegetarian thing.

Ok, so no one has talked about this yet!
Whats with veganism?
Cows don't suffer when they give milk, Chickens lay eggs all the time anyway, fertile or not!

that depends on the Vegan....
My GF is vegan, and she is so because cows and chickens suffer immensely from milking/laying....
not to mention, where are all the males?

she will however eat eggs if we have a pet chicken/s where she will know for sure that it is treated properly etc etc

IF i was a vegetarian, i would be a vegan simply becasue eggs and milk have always made me ill.... so i don't eat them anyway!
lots of people feel healthier when they stop consuming milk...

I can't believe this thread is still going...
...notice mrboajangles has gone rather quiet :lol:

hahah, just came back on too see what i have missed, took a few hours too read!!
Also still trying to think of a new thread!!!

Whats with all this biblical stuff??? I dont really believe any of that stuff!!! I still cant work out how Noah got 2 of every animal into his boat!! Wouldnt he have to travel all around the world to be able to aquire 2 of each and by the time he did that I am sure some would have died!! Is Christianity a SCAM???

Whats with all this biblical stuff??? I dont really believe any of that stuff!!! I still cant work out how Noah got 2 of every animal into his boat!! Wouldnt he have to travel all around the world to be able to aquire 2 of each and by the time he did that I am sure some would have died!! Is Christianity a SCAM???

I have to agree with you on this. I don't know whether to believe in the bible or not. It's so full of contradicting passages. The bible DOES say not to eat meat, and it DOES say that EVERY living thing on this earth is to be vegetarian, but then further down the track it'll tell people to eat meat:?Not to mention oh how wrong it is about the 'all animals being vegetarian' thing:rolleyes:

I have to agree with you on this. I don't know whether to believe in the bible or not. It's so full of contradicting passages. The bible DOES say not to eat meat, and it DOES say that EVERY living thing on this earth is to be vegetarian, but then further down the track it'll tell people to eat meat:?Not to mention oh how wrong it is about the 'all animals being vegetarian' thing:rolleyes:

I didnt listen too much in R.E but are we not also ment to eat fish on good friday??

I must say that horsey is really quite uninformed on sooo many things that it is quite hilarious.Im a vegeterian by choice and I dont really believe I have to give out 'facts'to justify why I dont eat meat.Im not hurting anyone am I by not eating meat?So why do meateaters get so worked up about vegeterians.Its insane and stupid.Also horsey you are going on about animals being killed when fields are plowed. What about all the animals killed when landclearing for cattle?What about all the day old chicken roosters that are killed in chicken farms?Also horsey cattle eat grain so therefore these grain fields are not only for human comsumption but also for feeding meat cattle also.

Nicely said xander .
Unfortunately some people think before opening their mouths...erm or typing :lol:

I must say that horsey is really quite uninformed on sooo many things that it is quite hilarious.Im a vegeterian by choice and I dont really believe I have to give out 'facts'to justify why I dont eat meat.Im not hurting anyone am I by not eating meat?So why do meateaters get so worked up about vegeterians.Its insane and stupid.Also horsey you are going on about animals being killed when fields are plowed. What about all the animals killed when landclearing for cattle?What about all the day old chicken roosters that are killed in chicken farms?Also horsey cattle eat grain so therefore these grain fields are not only for human comsumption but also for feeding meat cattle also.

That's not really the point. I'm not saying eating meat is good and much better for the environment. I'm merely saying how funny it is they convientantly forget about all the animals that get killed for their diet. I've said all this. I ALSO said that alot of the grain given to cattle is co**** and not fit for human consumption, that's why they feed it to animals.

Respect their right

I think it is important for everyone to respect the right of Vege's and Vegans to eat what they want.

Now I'm going to get the fattest T-Bone I have and cook it up medium rare:lol:

Hey, Jangles you've got your new thread!

"Who thinks Christianity is a load of bull"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back