vegetarians: What are you doing it for??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vegetarian or not

• Norm

Votes: 66 88.0%
  • vegetarian

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • vegan

Votes: 6 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"How many of the proud meat eaters here can honestly say they could hold a gun to a cows head and pull the trigger? How many could actually kill all the animals they eat? I say if your going to eat it you should be able to kill it. "

we do, have just put a cow, 3 sheep and a pig straight from our paddock, to the cool room then into our freezer. And these were all animals that my kids and I bottle reared. They grew out in our paddocks and even had names. The whole family is involved in the process of killing, gutting, skinning then cutting up the meat.

We will now sit down as a family and enjoy the fruits of our labour. Hmmm leg of lamb (formally known as Minty") with home grown veggies and home made gravy and mint sauce.

There is a ton of studies out there for and against eating meat. You need to look at who commisioned the studies and what their agendas are. From what I have personally read and reasearched I believe that we are meant to eat meat in moderation. JMO. Im an onmivore and proud of it.

but I also believe that as individuals we have the chioce to make up our own minds and not put anyone down for having their own opinions

I myself had killed and carved my own meat on many occasions, rather than send a sheep to the abattoirs my uncle has taught me how to humanly kill and then carve sheep, goats, kangaroos, pigs and rabbits. If i didnt feel right about killing the animal i probably wouldnt eat it.

But hey, its up to the individual

"Just wondering why people are vegetarians? I think it is pointless and pretty silly really. "

That kind of talk tatelina, the first post. I am just saying, some people dont have a choice, so dont be judgemental.

I love the fact that Horsy's entire argument came from Maddox's site... Gold. Way to have your own opinion! This is all too funny.

Because it's good stuff. And it is my opinion, I agree with it wholeheartedly :)

I dont mean to offend people who don't have a choice or people who do choose it and leave all well alone. I jsut hate the people who stand on street corners or just general people you meet who start raving about how I'm a murderer for eating meat and how I should be a vegetarian or I'll go to hell, etc. Religious people who try convert you any me too.

As for the nice quiet vegetarians/religious people who are happy with their way of life and happy to stop judging yours, well that's good.

Tut Tut children! We come to a site like this to find people with common interests. These people give us support and advice... and then we go and start a thread that is going to offend members of the site! Naughty Mr BoJ., these people help you when you have issues, etc. etc. and you still want to be rude about lifestyles. I'm no vego, but who is anyone to tell them what to do? If they really are killing themselves slowly (which i don't think they are) then that's their problem. Mmm now i feel like steak....

I dont mean to offend people who don't have a choice or people who do choose it and leave all well alone. I jsut hate the people who stand on street corners or just general people you meet who start raving about how I'm a murderer for eating meat and how I should be a vegetarian or I'll go to hell, etc.

Those people probably make up about 2% of the world's veggo population;)

lol you're a goose, thats it, end of debate

GOOSEY GOOSEY!!! GOBBLE GOBBLE.... wait thats a turkey, you can be that too....TURKEY TURKEY!!!

How many of the proud meat eaters here can honestly say they could hold a gun to a cows head and pull the trigger? How many could actually kill all the animals they eat? I say if your going to eat it you should be able to kill it.

I think we 'evolved' to eat meat, we could eat all of the sustanance we need from fruit, vegies, nuts etc but meat is a 'easier' alternative in ways I agree. Designed? I think not, adaptation is more fitting..

Myboajangles I think your comments about vegetarians are uncalled for, calling someone elses opinions silly? They think it is morally disgusting... most vegetarians I know think that the killing of innocent animals is cruel and unnecessary - fair enough

As a whole I say Australians eat WAY too much meat, you need more land grow all of this meat and in the end you leave a greater ecological footprint behind.

Cant remeber the exact numbers but humans only need around 1 acre of land to feed and house themselves - Australians use around 14

Australians use 14 acres because Australia is gingantanourmous!

sorry if anyone has already sed this (couldnt be bothered to read the WHOLE thread)

Also, do you have any proof?
give us some links to prove your facts!

Last edited:
Hey Guys, I'm a semi-vego. I don't eat meat except for fish occasionally. I just don't like it.

My little snake eats mice cos' he bloody needs to but if there was a vego alternative to mice I wouldn't feed that to him cos' it's my choice not his. I wouldn't have a bloody clue wat my snake likes to eat more cos' he can't bloody tell me so I tend to feed him what's best.

Just so you meatheads know in order to obtain all the nutrients from your meat you need vegies for full absorption and vice versa, but you can live without meat because vegies and fruit provide all the nutrients you need, you'd just have to eat it in higher quantities but meatheads can't just eat meat, so ha ha.

I think that some of the production methods used for meat are cruel - mostly intensive production but it's not the reason I'm vego. I think if more people were vego animals would be treated alot better because we wouldn't be thinking with out stomachs but with compassion. A lot of us turn a blind eye so we don't feel guilty. But that's just my opinion.....

Hey, just wondering how many of you think that the quick and simple method of slitting an animals throat is inhumane?

I reckon it would be the equivalent of getting choked, which can't be nice :|
When you slit an animal's throat you stop it from being able to pass air to its lungs, so it hangs there gasping for breath until it finally dies of blood loss. So yes, I think it's cruel. JMO

Who cares, the world is dieing anyway and it wont be our generation that see's it go, so just enjoy life now however you see fit whether thats with meat or without.

Well I only read the first 3 or 4 pages of this thread... couldn't be bothered reading the rest.

But I must say, I love a good steak ;) Wagyu is my fave :D

C'mon, if humans were meant to be vego - cows would be made of tofu!!! :p But if you wanna be vego or vegan, that's your choice, for whatever reason, and no-one should really judge you for it. Everyone makes their own choices about how they live. My mum doesn't eat red meat (she eats fish and chicken) but that's because she just doesn't like the taste of it. She never imposed that on the rest of the family though, and would happily cook meals containing red meat for us and just prepare an alternative for herself.

Anyway I think meat is delicious, red meat, white meat, seafood, the whole darn lot. Yum yum. The one exception is horse, which I will NEVER ever eat. Just because I love horses so much, I couldn't imagine ever eating one.

It really depends on what reason a person become a vegan for.

I know I had a girlfriend that was allergic to animal protein, although she admits it sucks that she cannot have the good things in life like ice cream and eggs or a steak, which she had before at the risk of her own health. She did not mind my diet either, although I felt bad for her and started eating more white meat, not including pork; it didn't means jack, but it was hard for me to look at a juicy fat steak without thinking about her. To this day, I still back off of red meat, even though I still have an order of them from time to time; this time it was more out of habit, instead of making a choice about it. It is not like I think: "Hmm... I think I will have a nice hot dog from the freezer;" It is more like "I see this place has some sterloin steak, I guess I am going to order that."

Like Miss B, I also got a mom that doesn't like red meat either, just for the taste of it. She also would gladly cook for anyone that want red meat. Now that I think about it, she didn't really like any meat or high-protein vegetables and nuts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back