Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point Beks, Tank size makes a big difference - I didn't know about that until you told me.

Greebs thats a great start.

The Star system is easily recognised, you can have 1-5 stars for temperament, availability, cost. care and much more. Like Simon says.
Think - - It may go International! So you need easily recognised symbols.
In school reports they have a legend explaining the letters E= excellent, S = Satisfactory etc. It's another idea. T * for psychotic lol, T***** for docile.
lol I just confused me.
Em

:? I'll watch from here.

Thanks everyone for your input. Some great ideas there.
Woma, i meant to include Stimsons, sorry for the oversight.
I think several photos is also a great idea.Photos that clearly show the charactersitics of the snakes are a better idea than photos of spectacular snakes.I would like to use some members photos and I will ask permission from the owners of course.

Thanks for the ideas with the rating system.
This is what I am leaning towards at the moment.

Snake name. Common and scientific.

Appearance
Temperamant
Size & Housing
Availability
Care
Cost (no set prices?)

Then at the bottom of the page a star rating system out of 5.

How does that sound?

Greebs, you are welcome to use any photos in my gallery. I have thousands more (!) so if you're looking for something specific just let me know. I'll either already have it or can take it! :)

Thanks Dave, just had a quick look through your album. The photo of the Spotted python labeled "Goodone" would be a good one to use.I would need one or two more good pics of a Spotted python.
I would also like to use the close up of the Olive with the cloudy eyes for the chapter on shedding.
Photos will be the finishing touch..I gotta get the wordy bits done first.

yeah, of course! You might want the full-sized originals if you are going to print though. When it gets closer to the time, I'll sort out all the best ones and put them on a CD for you.

I can try to take some nice photos of my spotteds tomorow, would you prefer it natural looking or just on the back lawn on my arm?

Recommended first snakes:
Childrens/stimpsons/spotteds
Inland CARPET Python
Coastal Carpets
Bredlis
Small Blotched pythons
Olives

Also spotteds and small blotched pythons are the same species, but you already new that I'm sure.

maybe you could use the star rating system for the first chapter just to give a general overview and then elaborate on what simon and hix said in later chapters?

Maybe you could include photo's of various poo's., with a star rating by Mr Slate? :lol: :lol: :lol: under "What should my snakes Poo look like?"

Seriously, everyones got great ideas, I love to see our book " completed" eventually, its gonna be great! :D

Greg, I totally agree that waters are snappy as babies, i just don't believe that anyone not willing to get bitten should keep a snake. At least with a water you know it's coming. Stims were my 4th and 5th but definately the easiest to care for, never refused a feed and maxed out at 2.5'. What about feeding cost? Eg antaresia $2 per week, Olives $15 per week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back