Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Sax,I didn't think I was seperating species.I call mine a Mac because 'Mickey' the Mac sounds better than 'Mickey' the spotted

Haha nice name. He is literally twice the weight of my boy. I'll be interested to see these pics once your computer's wife forgives him and hopefully leaves him with some dignity :p

Diamond Intergrade...largest recorded Morelia....a few threads on here if you can find them.

If you must use words like Morelia it would be beneficial if you knew what it refers to and includes.Once you manage that, you could move onto spilota ,funnily enough a word a lot of carpet-python enthusiast seem afraid or unable to use.

Please correct if M. oenpelliensis & M. kinghorni have been reclassified in the last few years.

Last edited:
There are some nice, healthy looking gentle giants here. I love the bredli out on the grass :D

I don't own my olives anymore but I still have their photos. These were my giants and only half grown. I do have a couple of big carpets but weight wise they would never match the olives at the same length.

Here is my beautiful girl - Stella
0052.jpg

And my handsome fella - Marlow
0412.jpg

They're still my babies :D, even if someone else owns them now. :(

If you must use words like Morelia it would be beneficial if you knew what it refers to and includes.Once you manage that, you could move onto spilota ,funnily enough a word a lot of carpet-python enthusiast seem afraid or unable to use.

Please correct if M. oenpelliensis & M. kinghorni have been reclassified in the last few years.

If you must have a dig at others, would you please offer a brief explanation of what you're talking about, so newbs like me can have an idea? I thought Morelia applied to Aussie pythons (and some OS ones like png) that laid eggs? Obviously I'm wrong but I'm keen to learn.

If you must have a dig at others, would you please offer a brief explanation of what you're talking about, so newbs like me can have an idea? I thought Morelia applied to Aussie pythons (and some OS ones like png) that laid eggs? Obviously I'm wrong but I'm keen to learn.

Google works wonders. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morelia_(genus)
There is more than just carpets in the Morelia genus.

Morelia is a genus that includes a couple of different species. It isn't all Aussie pythons though. The other genuses (geni?) include Antaresia, Aspidites, Liasis and probably one or two I can't think of at the moment. Morelia spilota is the "carpet python" species. What Cockney probably meant when he said the intergrade is the biggest Morelia is it's the biggest in the Morelia spilota species because the scrubby (Morelia amethystina) is actually the biggest in the Morelia genus at the moment (discounting the rumoured giant Oenpelli python)

Not being mean but all pythons lay eggs ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back