Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As to the size of carpets, there was a Wild specimen from NSW collected and reliably measured in 2002 that weighed 49lbs and measured 11'4"!!!! While thats clearly not the norm, there are some monsters out there on occasion.
Is this true?

If you guys can't see the pics, let me know and I'll upload them here. The diamonds head is amazing.

Uploaded pics below

Last edited:
Yeah looks like you have to be a member to see them. Just a heads up too, I don't think they like posting links to other reptile forums.
Do you know the locality of your Jungles? Unless they're Athertons you may be a bit disappointed with how big they get

I caught it, but didn't know if I was confusing spotteds for something else. I know stimmies are small, too.

I'll upload the pics and get rid of the links.

OK here we go

Bredli
ef9a81a1-Copy.png

66030faf-Copy.png

679ebc3b.png

Nice jungle, dodgy perspective but it's large, even though he's holding it out infront of him.

Leviathon2.jpg

Huge coastal, 14.3kg apparently

fcoastal143kg.jpg

Last but not least, the diamond beast.

Monster20Interg114-Copy-Copy.jpg

Giant2520Diamond3-Copy.jpg

It's got a head like a bloody Staffy. Photoshop?

I have no idea what locality mine are, Dan. Any idea by looking at them? How long will it take for them to be full size usually? I know there are variables, but 3 years, or can they grow longer? Is it true that snakes have indeterminate growth?

Last edited:
No I'm terrible at picking Jungle localities sorry. If they're pumped with food they can get to adult size in less than two years. Supposedly they do grow continually and just tend to slow once they reach "adult" size but I've never seen studies proving it.
That diamond is ridiculous!

No drama's. I've heard if you "powerfeed" the lifespan of the snake is reduced. I'm not keen on doing that. Although the way they've been eating may be considered powerfeeding? The fuzzies are huge compared to the snake.

Yeah, the diamond is huge, I think the coastal is impressive, also.

i think yours are palmerstons , going from everything you have posted. especially if you are waiting on them to yellow up. the one in the pic above i think is an atherton. i am only saying that due to its size and its colours look like my atherton.

i think yours are palmerstons , going from everything you have posted. especially if you are waiting on them to yellow up. the one in the pic above i think is an atherton. i am only saying that due to its size and its colours look like my atherton.

I thought palmerstons were supposed to be bright?

There is so much controversy over the notion of locality that I am thinking I will start a thread about it.

Anyway Im probably not telling you anything you dont already know.....palmerstons tend to be smaller than athertons and palmerstons tend to be brighter...having said that I have a lovely atherton here with beautiful bright yellow as bright as a palmerston.

Well my hatchie male is already over 2 ft. He's 5 ish months old I think.

This will give you an idea of his size, the tank is 45cm square.

IMG_1630.jpg

Colour
IMG_1613.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

IMG_1497.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Is this true?

If you guys can't see the pics, let me know and I'll upload them here. The diamonds head is amazing.

Uploaded pics below
Diamond Intergrade...largest recorded Morelia....a few threads on here if you can find them.

My Mac isn't as big as cadwallader's spotted 1.6m,but he is 1.3m and 890Grams.I would post a Pic but my PC is have more issues than Arnie right now

My Mac isn't as big as cadwallader's spotted 1.6m,but he is 1.3m and 890Grams.I would post a Pic but my PC is have more issues than Arnie right now
A mac is a spotted.

'My Mac isn't as big as my cadwallader's spotted'.
It's like he's referring to two different species, I reckon he should've said 'I have two Macs, one is a lot bigger than the other, 1.6m. The other one is 1.3m and 890 grams.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back