Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out the "Wild expo purchases" thread twosnakes.

So time to critique the expo? What did I think? Well I've been to every one since the first at Darling Harbour.

Personally I had a great time. I caught up with old mates and met some new. Great meeting pilbarapythons and Jonno in person (Thanks Jonno for the books -bookshops are a real danger to my wallet at such events so only a smallish swag this time).

I entered the competetion in two classes and got a first and two seconds (there was some serious competion!!!!), so came home with three new thermometers and ribbons to deck out the herp room.

I sold some and bought some and overall reduced the numbers, but the net result was a loss to my wallet (again).

I had some animals on display -thanks Heather for being them home when I forgot them in my hurry!

Personally I felt the hobby had come of age with this event. I felt priviledged to have it in my state and so close by.

I'm aware as I type this there will be dedicated group of people still at the expo dismantling all the displays and no doubt working late into the night, so to all of them I would like to say thankyou.

Will I be there next year? You bet.

So time to critique the expo? What did I think? Well I've been to every one since the first at Darling Harbour.

Personally I had a great time. I caught up with old mates and met some new. Great meeting pilbarapythons and Jonno in person (Thanks Jonno for the books -bookshops are a real danger to my wallet at such events so only a smallish swag this time).

I entered the competetion in two classes and got a first and two seconds (there was some serious competion!!!!), so came home with three new thermometers and ribbons to deck out the herp room.

I sold some and bought some and overall reduced the numbers, but the net result was a loss to my wallet (again).

I had some animals on display -thanks Heather for being them home when I forgot them in my hurry!

Personally I felt the hobby had come of age with this event. I felt priviledged to have it in my state and so close by.

I'm aware as I type this there will be dedicated group of people still at the expo dismantling all the displays and no doubt working late into the night, so to all of them I would like to say thankyou.

Will I be there next year? You bet.

Can't give a critique of the weekend because I am dead.
Anyone who wasn't impressed with the expo would have to be impossible to please.

To Ant and the heap of guys and girls who put so much time and effort before,during and after the weekend you should all feel very proud of what was achieved.Great job once again and I for one appreciate all the effort that went into staging what is/was without doubt the best expo since it's inception.

+1 was there Friday and Saturday andwishe I was still there today, great effort and very enjoyable

I thought it was fantastic. Lots to see, and lots for sale. Can't wait for next year, will go with a serious amount of cash!

i cant believe people have said the expo was bad. i went last year in castle hill and though it was amazing. then i cam this year and found this year about equal with last years expo or even better. it was an amazing day out. was in the expo for 3 hrs then went to watch the rugby. really was a great day out, lots of beautiful snakes on display (axanthic BHP) and lots of beatiful snakes for sale. i managed to get myself 2 2yr old high yeallow diamonds which look absolutely stunning. got them from dolittle and when i was holding them, everyone was watching how beautiful the diamond was. i just had to get it but overall, i loved this years expo and it was great

Well there you go, they did have diamonds :)
I must have spent at least 20mins talking to the dolittle farm guy about their snakes.

yeah. we know him very well and hes a great guy and a great seller. sells very top quality animals. will post pics of my diamonds in a couple of days

hey guys, wondering who took out best in show as well as runner up? and with what animals

Was a great 2 days for me will be broke soon as well as I ordered a enclosure from reptiles inc. Will be worth it tho their was so many nice snakes for sale loved the green tree pythons and the albino darwin's I saw a nice woma for sale for $300 not sure of the seller was in the corner to the left of turtles r us. Only thing that was annoying was the flies but overall a great expo not to hot inside like the last ones I have been to.

Will be saving up to get a albino darwin maybe later on this year or defiantly next year hmmmm thinks where I could fit another enclosure.

yeah .the reptiles inc. enclosures were amazing and cheap. i got one of them (3 foot high x 2 x 2 foot) and it came with a back rock, plants, vines, branches, everything to make a perfect setup. am using it for my diamond pair though. But their enclosures were very good i have to say. very nicely setup

Was a great weekend... all the stalls were amazing. I was tired and got cranky with all the people mainly on saturday..haha but we went back sunday and it was better.

Thanks to all the guys that we hung out with and partied with, sooo many people to mention but you are all awesome!

I thought the expo was just fantastic.I was only there on Friday, was going Saturday but after the fantastic dinner and staying at the Novotel (what a treat) I was just too tired and went home and slept all afternoon lol

So much effort was put in to it and a heap of hard work for the organisers.They should be gettting a huge pat on the back.
I personally feel that some people are just too hard to please.
Animals that were on sale and on display were amazing...wish I had some money I would of come home with some animals even though I am banned from buying anymore. I was salivating at Mark and Pia's stall over their albino's. And little Buster was a hit with everyone.

Huge Congratulations to Anthony and his team...a job 'well done'.

The only negative thing I can say is it is a shame that they had to use the catering that came with it. Really enjoyed the turkish food that was at Castle Hill.

I cant belive that anyone would have complained about the quality of that expo
that is the first time that I have ever gone to anthing like that didnt know what to expect
but I had the greatest day ever I just wish that I could have meet more people from this site
I will be there next year for sure, all 3 if I can. thankyou to all involved

Hey did anyone get a photo of the little lizard "Tank", or remember what it was?

Mum wants one :p

I think it was a netted dragon but not 100%

Thanks

It was good to catch up with a few people.
To get to, it was a bit out of the way i thought.
Would'nt get many walk'ins I reckon.
Still, the newcastle expo imo was a lot better.
All the major sellers were at both, so there was'nt any difference in reptile sale stock [ except for urs in Sydney ]
I wish the Newcastle expo went for the whole w/end, not just the saturday.
Good effort from both camps, just expected a lot more from the major city in NSW.
I know were I'll be next year.
Cheers,
Aleks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back