Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, the food was horrible.. and way over priced. I Paid $4.50 for a 600ml coke on sunday.. thats CRAZY. Also on the sat me and the boys bought lunch.. a small thing of chips each(x3) and a drink each.. $28!!!!!!!
Id even help with a bbq/food/drink stall if we can ditch that crap!

Mudi.. there was rum.. you just didnt have any :p

Yep better food and drink choices for sure! Plus a better "bbq" for the Sat night hahaha

the signs of the breeders should have been larger and names of the reptile show winners. but i think the expo was still gr8

G'day guys,

You've got to remember that these events are put on for your enjoyment, so any constructive criticism will no doubt be received with open arms by the organisers as you're the ones they want to please.

Unfortunately the food situation wasn't able to be avoided with the choice of venue - from what I understand the entire Sydney Showgrounds is under contract by food providers. Anthony couldn't even have his own barbecue on the Saturday night and we may or may not have had to smuggle our own alcohol in.

Great work with the book shop Jonno!

Does anyone know who owns or breed that white beardy from the show?

Last edited:
Hi all. I know Anthony had much grander plans for food, but as Jonno said, they don't allow you to provide your own. I was expecting them to at least offer a different menu at night to what they had during the day.
I know they would have liked to have a few spits with 40 blokes all standing around trying to cook, but when you go to a new venue you need to see what they serve up before you can complain. I do think all the criticism is offered with the best intentions...we all want to see this event grow and reach it's full potential.

Hi guys,

What would you like to see at next years expo, that wasn't at this years?

Albino levis LOL, better stalls, more private breeders, better enclosures for animals on display(only some of the larger stuff), things set up on time. No offence to anybody just my opinion.

IMO. more breeders and animals for sale. maybe with a lower cost for a stall more breeders might come?

more interactive things, like maybe have someone there doing stages of fake rock making? or showing off nifty tricks to do with enclosure building/furnishing etc. hints and tips for handling and care for people who have not got any reptiles yet but are keen on giving it a go.

Like Tahnee said and maybe some heating products set up for comparison like at Castle Hill last year and

like Tahnee said and perhaps some heating options set up side by side for comparison and was I the only goose who paid an awful lot for parking! No complaints though, thoroughly enjoyed it

like Tahnee said and perhaps some heating options set up side by side for comparison and was I the only goose who paid an awful lot for parking! No complaints though, thoroughly enjoyed it

i paid for parking both days i went. was easy to lose track of time in there and the rangers were making a killing in parking tickets

Geckos at Wild Expo

would have liked to see more geckos for sale or more geckos on display. -- but got good tips on how to look after geckos cheers ramsayi. LOL.

I am not sure exactly how many geckos you would like to have on display or where you could get more than 26 different species on display at one time other than at a very good keepers place! I organized the gecko display and there were 26 different species on display. Two were exceptionally rare in general circles namely the granite belt thick tail which I believe VERY few people had seen before, plus the fringe toed gecko. It is interesting that you did say however that you got good information on how to look after geckos.

Surely that is an indication of the level of commitement of the people who were there giving their time freely to add to the hobby rather than be critical of what was an exceptional effort on many peoples part. It is Thursday night and the clean up is still not finished as I have just come home from it and many were there from Monday setting up to make it happen. I suspect very few are aware of the amount of planning and effort that happens behind the scenes ALL on a voluntary basis.

Perhaps you can offer some constructive comments about how it could be enhanced for the next expo or perhaps where we could source a "better" supply of geckos with more variety?

Hi - I made the trip from Brisbane for the expo, and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was great to catch up with everyone, so it was a very social day for me and my son. The venue was very good, I thought, and although it may have been a 'trick of the light', the Newcastle expo did seem more spacious. An irritation for me was the hike to an ATM machine. This was frustrating, considering that most stall holders only take cash and I kept running out (Confessions of a Shopaholic??) My highlight was meeting Bryan from Snake Bytes. What a terrific guy! I would also like to have seen some greater discounts from the reptile shops - some were better than others, and one does expect a bargain at an expo.
Anway, nice to catch up with some of you - surrounded by people who don't say 'oh my God!! You've got snakes?? You must be a freak!!' :)

I am not sure exactly how many geckos you would like to have on display or where you could get more than 26 different species on display at one time other than at a very good keepers place! I organized the gecko display and there were 26 different species on display. Two were exceptionally rare in general circles namely the granite belt thick tail which I believe VERY few people had seen before, plus the fringe toed gecko. It is interesting that you did say however that you got good information on how to look after geckos.

Surely that is an indication of the level of commitement of the people who were there giving their time freely to add to the hobby rather than be critical of what was an exceptional effort on many peoples part. It is Thursday night and the clean up is still not finished as I have just come home from it and many were there from Monday setting up to make it happen. I suspect very few are aware of the amount of planning and effort that happens behind the scenes ALL on a voluntary basis.

Perhaps you can offer some constructive comments about how it could be enhanced for the next expo or perhaps where we could source a "better" supply of geckos with more variety?

+1 feathers...I'm still recovering from it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back