Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mysnakesau said:
owners of pomeranians and chihuahua's regularly hold vigils (intentional periods of staying awake) in your front yard

really....sad sad sad people!

When your always planning for what you next rep should be, and the best attack plan to convincing those who say "no more snake"

when you consider turning a pool into a reptile pit because you would be happier to maintain that!

You see what you think is a snake on the road and start thinking, hope that it is ok, and what will I need to do if it has been hit etc. . . . . .

and then get disapointed when you get closer and realise that it is just a bit of old rope. . . .

you know your a herp keeper when you recruit all friends and family in branch hunting and hide/enclosure building
(i forgot to tell them i had enough for now, and, as a result now have a 2 ton pile of branches in the back yard )
you also know your a rep keeper when the local petshop guy delivers to your door once a month with perfect
change for a 50 and always brings a treat for his fav animal of yours :)

you know your a reptile keeper when you have a year supply of anti bacterial gel

when your birthday is coming up and you want more reptiles

when you get your ears re-pierced because you've seen awesome lizard and snake earrings and you want them but your holes are closed over

- when i hear the word 'dragon'or 'lizard' my head pops up like a meerkat. things with legs dont do it for me
- when in petshops i head straight for the reptile section and complain if there isn't one dont use pet shops
- manage to pick up hot guys in the supermarket checkout while buying baby food for my master (thats after the checkout operator asks if a bearded dragon is a fish) hot guys?? :?
- when i can talk for hours and hours about reptiles but then someone wants to change the topic so i have to shut up lifes to interesting to only talk about herps
- when i'm thinking up ways to keep a snake without my mum knowing about it because i want one that bad!I only keep pythons
Does this mean I don't qualify as a reptile keeper? :? Are my snakes keeping themselves? :? I must be only a herper then???

Ok, when you go to post an assignment before the midnight deadline and are still replying to APS threads at 5am the next morning

When you tell your father to get his junk out of your shed and then he asks what are all these fridges in here, and do they work?

When you keep a snake hook in the back of the car to rescue any would be road kill.

When you gladly buy your wife what she wanted for mothers day--a pair of Darwins.

When you call the family cat by it's true name "snake bait", and your daughter after buying a rabbit walks past the seller and in jest tells you not to feed it to the snake.

When you start to feel left out because the family are spending money on things other than your next snake. I mean really, cloths, bills and food are totally over rated.

Last edited:
when get an addition to your collection and you sit in front of their tank watching them for an hour

Yep....Ditto about assignments..*sigh*..never had focus issues before I got reps.

Last edited:
when defrosting snake food (in a plastic bag) in a bowl that is normally used for the green beans then emptying the water give it a quick rinse and reuse the bowl.

Yep....Ditto about assignments..*sigh*..never had focus issues before I got reps.

I lost my Stimson's for about six nerve-racking hours just after I got him because I got him out for a bit at stupid-o-clock in the morning to brighten me up whilst writing an essay due the next morning...and fell asleep whilst handling him. Obviously he got bored and decided to explore, and he was only about 40cm long. I woke up with my head on my desk and found him gone and spent the next six hours tearing my room apart. I even climbed out the top floor window of my victorian terrace house and scaled along the side of the building above the street in case he'd squeezed out the gap in the window. Finally found him in my watercolours drawer, and for the life of me I still have no idea how he got in there, because there is literally no way in. I was so relieved when I found him I just flopped down on my bed with him and cried. Haven't made that mistake again.:)

When you go to the local plant nursery and see 2 lace monitors and a carpet python and you almost die of hapiness. :D

When it's the first bright sunny day you've had in ages, and your first thought isn't "beach!", it's "Yay! Python sunbaking!".

I'm beginning to think I'm a lost cause... I can relate to pretty much everything on this thread! Oh well, like I've said before, I'm normal, it's just the rest of the world that's different! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back