Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
when your mum walks into your bedroom and your holding your hatchling then later say 'you don't like her do you'
mum: 'no *shudders*'
me: 'why she didn't hurt you?'
mum: 'she looked at me!!!'

/My house is know as the managery (sp?), my house smells of rats caz we have so many breeding for our snakes yet i cant smell it, people refuse to come into my house or go near my "spare"(reptile) room, every junk pile i go past i am constantly looking for book shelfs, tv units and draws i can make into snake tanks, i bug the hell out of my patner to get rid off all the pointless fish in our 8ft tank so i can make it in to a home for the diamond and the carpet, my local petshop knows how many pinkies i need each week for my babies, my 16month old is a bigger animal person then both me n my partner put together, when your friend u havent seen since school messages you saying they are in thialand and just seen a real life cobra and thought of you because i have a weird thing for snakes and when its 2degrees outside yet ur reptile room is sitting between 25-28 degrees

Last edited:
-when your friends children call you "snake lady" and not by name
-when you get a date that leads to the bedroom and they run off coz there is snakes in there too, not just the loungeroom
-when you prioritize playing with the snakes before playing with the dog
-washing my hands and arms well after work (meatworks) coz you know your going to get one of them out when you get home

When it is to cold to go to the pub, but you drag yourself out to the monthly SOFAR reptile meeeting.

When you can't believe that people think pythons are the most venomous.

When everyone sends you photos of snake hoax emails and think they are the first to send it too you. Then argue with you to say it's not a hoax.

When you get calls from relatives of work mates that heard you keep them and want to come over and see them. Then freak out when you bring one out...

When everyone at work jokes about you going home to play with your albino snake.

When your sick and tired of arguing with the ranger that the snake your holding is a carpet python, while he's telling you its a childrens, and he knows this because he just attended a snake awareness course. You politely tell him about your collection inside and he asks if you have a licence for them.

When you shake your head at people that climb onto chairs to get away from a carpet python because they (pythons) can't climb. They then freak out more when you say they can.

Lots more, but i should probably do some work.

MON
When your driving down the road and you get all excited about a snake on the side of the road, then realise its a piece of bark.

When you have an important appointment to get too but still stop and try to chase down a Gouldii that went into a hollow tree on the ground.

When the thought of walking through the bush is pointless, unless your looking for reptiles.

When an old guy talks about a 15ft Diamond python eating a baby in Bundaberg and your mum has to kick you to stop you saying anything. (Happened to me on the weekend :rolleyes:)

When you walk into the science store room with your friends at school to get an experiment out of the freezer, your friend opens it and screams at the frozen rats there (for dissection the yr 12's do) and you dont even blink.

When you ask people for their veggie scraps to feed your woodies.
And they know you well enough that they no longer think this is weird...

rofl!!
When you see someone's pet and you make an offer and beg them to accept it.
When you see one last lizard from a sale table so you buy it cause you feel you need to save it **Sigh**

when you nearl;y faint with excitment when you find a throny devil on the road and its alive

or you cry cause it is not
(This has happened to me)

ooo Me a new set of hatchlings on sunday Better than Xmas!!

Last edited:
When an old guy talks about a 15ft Diamond python eating a baby in Bundaberg and your mum has to kick you to stop you saying anything. (Happened to me on the weekend :rolleyes:)

When you walk into the science store room with your friends at school to get an experiment out of the freezer, your friend opens it and screams at the frozen rats there (for dissection the yr 12's do) and you dont even blink.

you take everyones rat when they finish doing the science experiment (snake food)

-When you go to a petshop, look at all the cute and furry animals, and you think "My pet would/could eat that!".
-When you get excited when sistema tubs are on sale at Woolies.
-When you are on leave from work and you spend the days on APS constantly!! (me atm).
-When you risk your life herding a lizard off a busy road.

That's me! :D I even almost got hit by one when I wouldn't move so that car wouldn't run over a european common lizard :)

You've bred rabbits for 15 years, yet have no idea what their average life span is.

You hear someone describing their new high-resolution 20" monitor and wonder if it's Australian or Indonesian.

You answer the door holding a big fat snake & wonder why the Jehovah's Witnesses won't talk with you.

You have a special drawer to keep perfect sheds in.

You quit smoking not to better your health, but out of concern for the effect of second hand smoke on your herps.

Exactly, I stopped smoking indoors because of my babies, even in winter time. brrr:lol:

Last edited:
When your on a beach field trip with your school and someone calls out that they see a big skink, and you almost faint with excitement, then feel like dying when it runs off before you see it :(

I have a list of things printed on the back of a jumper. My favourite is this ones..

'You know you're a snake lover if you don't mind having dead rats in the freezer next to the ice cream'

'You see nothing wrong with keeping a tub full of cockroaches in your living room.'

lol i scored 2 enclosures (all that was needed was to cut out top for mesh.. and a little shelf inside) that were once kitchen cubbords!! lol

You know you're a reptile keeper when you see a little boy buying his first guinea pig and you wonder what he is going to feed it to,

*When your friends come round for parties they know the ice cubes are kept next to the micicles.

*Yearly rental inspections are really fast:
"What's THAT?"
"Proserpine Carpet. Do you want to hold her?"
"It can't get out, can it?"
"No, but she's a pussycat."
"How many other rooms to do you have these things in?"
"All of them."
"Well, the place looks fine, that should be fine, any problems? No? Good, see you then."
Exit estate agent.

*When searching for a new house, you turn down otherwise suitable properties because they don't have decent tank space or a nice outdoor basking area.

you kno your a rep keeper when the word Weiner has lost all humour to the point that you argue with friend about the childish joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back