Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Name the female Vixen! (haha :lol: not biased at all here)

Anyway my herps are :

Bobby Boucher, Raz, Kahn, Lotus, Eos, Amber, Spike, Sahara, Ishtar and Cronus!

4 ft diamond named nibbles and a 7ft female eastern carpet named fluffy

the first pic is 'ike and tina' my pygmy bearded dragons and the next is of my port mac 'reznor' and my cloneing gecko's name is 'gina'

Attachments

• DSCF1096.jpg
    DSCF1096.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC00380.jpg
    DSC00380.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 48
  • ginaprowl.jpg
    ginaprowl.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 40
Some of the snake names we ended up with.. some took years to get a name (some never have)

Snoo...Seth.... Big Show (a massive diamond our friends kid ended up naming)....
T.Snizel or niz {tree snake obviously!)....Big worm....Little worm.....the little girl....No the other girl.....Which one? lol.......Boy-o....Jungle girl (NOT named after Bindi! lol).....Miss MD.....'The Girls'.....Mr Bojangles.....Chika......Pretzel....The b****

as you can see, youre lucky if you get a decent name at our place! (if you get one at all!)

Name the female Vixen! (haha :lol: not biased at all here)

Anyway my herps are :

Bobby Boucher, Raz, Kahn, Lotus, Eos, Amber, Spike, Sahara, Ishtar and Cronus!

I had a black cat called Ishtar when I was 18.

My BHP is dagger, as he is like a dagger in the way of looking like a deadly object, but basically useless for the actual killing, haha. Also he is a complete dag.

Heya!
I spent at least two weeks researching mythology before I narrowed my list of names for my spotted python to about 5. (I'm a bit obsessive about names)
I didn't want to pick just one name untill I knew the snake!
I had:
∙Nagini (not from harry potter!) a Nagini is a female Naga,
∙Nagaraja, which is the king of nagas
∙Atemakaa,which is a japanese snake spirit (pull me up if I spelt that wrong)
∙and Shesho who is the world snake in Hindu mythology.

But when I met him I settled on Shiva, who is the ruler of the Hindu gods, and who according to the myths had snake attendants around his neck and in his hair who would tell him all the secrets people kept from him. I liked the story alot.

No specific reason for the abundance of Hindu names, they just sounded nicer to me, and Greek was out. The greek snake god was Python.

There are alot of brilliant names to be found in mythologies and legends, and I always prefer the names i chose to have a nice story or explanation.

Good luck! post here when you've decided on one!

My Maccie's name is Cro Cop, named after the world famous kickboxer and MMA fighter

My new Bredli is going to be called Dekkers: after the greatest Muai Thai fighter ever, Ramon "The Diamond" Dekkers

Ready for them...Bit Sad.. He he

Two Male Coastals.... Sizzler.... And Slyder...

Female Coastal .... Sahara

Male Atherton.... Horras.. ( Not named by me, bought as a 3yr old )

Fem Atherton...... To be named... Currently Arguing with the Missus and 4 yr old about it.. he he

Male spotted - Atticus
Hatchie spotteds - Obsidian and Blondie
Male Bredli - Pi (as in Pie)
Female Bredli - Flower
Male Olive - Elih (E-lie)

Plans for BHP's and GTP's.... :D - my addiction

since snakes cant hear our voice, its pretty much like calling a brick wall Fred, as they will both comprehend as much, none of my snakes have names, seems pretty pointless to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back