Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ill say brown snake as today i was watching a show and a brown snake was climbing a tree....

Me too,I will say brown snake...
But it is unfair that the kids can participate in both trivias while the elders cant!

whats wrong john, this thread is called "APS trivia" not "adult trivia"
Also im a teenager so i dont know what you referr to me as so i am answering both.

Rough scaled snake also stephens banded snake?

Also slatey i got it from G.Gow's book (the file snake answer) - which was written in 1976 hehe

lol fuscus it seems that way when you start posting.
But imagin how much hours have been spent on getting over the 1000 post mark (hint-afric)

trivia.

what about a red bellie black snake..

also brown tree snakes?? are classed as venomous but not dangerous.

cheers paul.

Well done Brodie. Elapid which efficiently climb tree is the rough scaled snake. you are getting point for answer.....Rough scaled snake also stephens banded snake?.... I don't know about the other snake but i am sure that you can see many different snakes some times climbing tree.

Score so far:

Fangs.............. 1 point
reptile rascal.......... 5+1/2 points
Astrobeca ...................1/2 point
Fuscus ...................1 point
Morelia man ..............1/2 point
brendan_spencer ..........1/2 point
python_guy44 ..............1 point
Brodie..............1 point

Protest! Is my Broad Headed snake answer wrong?
Isn't that the rare one that looks like a Diamond python but smaller?
I think I read that it can be found in trees...
Some one set me straight if I am wrong.

ahuh thats correct I believe Nicole...according to a few of the books I have been reading the genus: Hoplocephalus sometimes climb tree's

Sorry Nicole i don't know how efficiently the Broad Headed snake climb tree. I just have one in the book which climb tree efficiently. I am sure that nearly all snakes can climb trees time to time. Forgive me my beauty.

Next question.
what is exact meaning of world ectothermic?

reptiles are ectothermic....they cannot regulate their body temps themselves....so they rely on outside sources such as hot rocks etc....this is what ectothermic means

It means cold blooded,relating to an organism that regulates its body temperature largely by exchanging heat with its surroundings.

And the question was
what is exact meaning of world ectothermic?
I'd say I have the EXACT meaning as worded by dictionaries worldwide...

I thought ectothermic meant something that absorbs heat not necessarily an organism. If I remember chemistry (so long ago now) exothermic refers to a substance that gives out heat and ectothermic absorbs heat...or was that endothermic...my memory is not what it used to be. Hand me my google Jeeves!

well done ewerybody. Nothing wrong with the other answers, but best exact translation is: ecto=from outside thermic=temperature
fuscus is geting 1 point and reptile rascal 1/2
It is hard to pick one best answer if they are all right.
But it is just fun trivia so don't get upset with me please.

Fangs.............. 1 point
reptile rascal.......... 6 points
Astrobeca ...................1/2 point
Fuscus ...................2 points
Morelia man ..............1/2 point
brendan_spencer ..........1/2 point
python_guy44 ..............1 point
Brodie..............1 point

Next question
Why are snakes active only for relatively short periods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back