Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuscus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
In the ironically named sunshine coast, surrounded
I think it is time for another triva contest.

One point per question. first to 10 points.
Questions will be posted at randon times but most questions will be posted after 9:00 Central daylight time.
I'll try and make the questions google - unfreindly !
Where a question asks for a species name, list style answers will be ignored :!:
The important time is to have fun and learn things.

Q1 Which australian reptile has recently become unextinct?

Alexander scores the point. To be regarded as extinct an animal must not seen for about fifty years. The Adelaide Pygmy Blue-tongue didn't quite make that time frame - it was unseen from 1959 to 1993 when one was found in a road-killed brown snake!
Everyone else 0

Q2 what is the oldest known living reptile in Australia? Give species and enough details to pinpoint the actual animal.

The galapagos turtle at australia zoo. think its female.

Yep, thats the animal, the galapagos TORTOISE at cricky zoo. It has an estimated age of 164 years.
Alexander 1
Wattso 1
Everyone else 0
Bonus Question (2 points) what was the name of the (famous) ship that is reputed to have brought the animal to Australia?

Endevour?...Charles Darwin was on board??? :?

Wasnt Rene Rivkins boat, he had a cargo of worry beads!, mans innocent! :D its been 25 yrs since i did that stuff at school...damn, teacher was righht i wasnt listening.......pinta...santa maria????....oh bugger.......

The naturalist was Charles Darwin and the ship was the Beagle (Well, I thought it was famous. Perhaps I read too much Stephen Jay Gould). It was the trip in which he formulated the theory of evolution.
The Naturalist on board the Endevour was Joesph Banks. Wattso named Darwin first so he gets the points, even though he got the ship wrong.

Alexander 1
Wattso 3
Everyone else 0

Q3 Name the species of pythons whose natural range includes the state of South Australia. One species per member, one point per species. if you submit a list, I will only accept the first species listed and ignore the rest.

morelia metcalfei (darling carpet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back