Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the fitzroy turtle can breath through its **** by sucking water into the cloaca, then extracts oxygen from the water and squirts the water out again.
it does not bask.

There are a few people on here that can do that too :)

This is not directed at any people in particular but is just a simple attempt at a little humour :)

It breathes thru its bum but has trouble talking thru it! lol :twisted:

Wattso again! Here I am thinking that I am asking questions that I am worried are too hard and they get answered in two minutes. The depth of knowleadge in this community is amazing. The turtle draws and expells water though its cloacal orifice 15 to sixty times a minute. It has vascularised pouches which serve as gills

Alexander 1
Wattso 7
saikrett 1
Pinkie 2
Switch 2
Reptile Rascals 1
Brodie 1
SnakeHunter 1
Morelia man 1
ackie 1
Everyone else 0

Q What reptile nests at a place called Mon repos?

nah, thats pubis mons ya thinkin of! lol :D

Sorry guys, I had things to do in the real world.
When I asked the question I thought that there was only one turtle species that laid there - the loggerhead, so the slateman got the question (I really wanted a species name, wattso. sorry, mate)

Alexander 1
Wattso 7
saikrett 1
Pinkie 2
Switch 2
Reptile Rascals 1
Brodie 1
SnakeHunter 1
Morelia man 1
ackie 1
Slateman 1
Everyone else 0
Further research says that there are actually 4 species that nest at Mon Repos, Slateman has listed three.
Q What is the forth species of sea turtle that nests (or has nested) at Mon repos?
(HINT : it ain't the one eyed trouser turtle)

there isnt a fourth species?? haha no jj leather back turtles

Olive ridley > this one is endangered
leatherback >not sure
hawksbill > this one i think also frequents mon repos

Sorry mate they are 4 of them turtles at Mon Repos include the loggerhead, flatback, green and leatherback.

Brodie answered correctly. It is the leatherback and is the only place in eastern Australia they lay. Now for the horrible bit, during the 1980s no more than three females per year nested there. I don't know if the situation has improved

Alexander 1
Wattso 7
saikrett 1
Pinkie 2
Switch 2
Reptile Rascals 1
Brodie 2
SnakeHunter 1
Morelia man 1
ackie 1
Slateman 1
Everyone else 0

QApproxamtly how far south does the distrubution of the Frilled-neck Lizard extend?

Bingo ackie. thought to be locally extinct until rediscovered near Greenbank Army Reseve and Bribie Island about 1990. There was a web site that claimed the animal was found in Lamington National Park which is on the NSW/QLD border

Alexander 1
Wattso 7
saikrett 1
Pinkie 2
Switch 2
Reptile Rascals 1
Brodie 2
SnakeHunter 1
Morelia man 1
ackie 2
Slateman 1
Everyone else 0
Q The same bozos who introduced the cane toad to Australia also introduced it to Florida. The Americans call the cane toad by another name. what is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back