Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After sitting back and watching how this discussiion has slowly veered away from our original involvement we would like to return the issue of a challenge. Ad, you posted a pic earlier of a GTP either yours or a friends, you have quiet readily pointed the finger at our animals, now we would like you to direct the same focus back on your friends animal. Once the DNA findings are done, hand the results into NPWs so that animal can then be taken care of under the Amnesty rules.
As this animal was the one that was posted for people to comment on it's locality data, you might like to inform Bob, Ad, that the path he was taking about it being one of our animals is in fact incorrect.
I would like to highlight the fact that obviously there was another animal other than the Taronga animal of Buckley's involved in the breeding and yes we did see the one bright blue animal that was used in the linage of our GTP's so we knew what we were getting. We were always aware of at least one supect animal in the breeding background.
I will say this one more time, they were deemed Australian by a Court of Law as their DNA could not split them, and were always referred to deemed Australian of Cape York(Meruke) Race.

obee

???? from the dna results if they cannot specifically identify between the cape york and the png then can people honestly advertise them as Australian or will there always be an element of doubt ???

and can they confiscate if they cant definitively say which is which?

DNA is not the way to go as DNA is depended on your mothers and your fathers DNA (year 10 sicence so it may be wrong)

Jacob

Final say..........

With these 2 quotes Shane I can't see a reason to proceed with dna tests, you have admitted what we have been trying to tell you, they are not 'true aussies'

and yes we did see the one bright blue animal that was used in the linage of our GTP's so we knew what we were getting.

were infact oz gtp and yes the parents of ours did have suspect blood from the same race

As to the original animal, I see no need to proceed with annoying the owner any more than your original discrediting of his animal, which started this whole discussion. My friendship was severely strained after you did that Shane, take pride in that at least.

I would like to add that I do not know Bob, I have never spoken to him, I have emailed him about his blonde spotteds and that is the only contact I have ever had with him.
I have a lot of respect for the man's reputation and the posts he has made here reflect a very experienced and knowledgable man. A man as such deserves respect, even from the legendary OBEE, i think it would make your grand-dad proud if you apologized to him.

Nice to have amicable discussions again, I will be up there is September, I shall pop in and say Hi!!
Regards
Ad

Imo, GTP's are not worth the money or the headache. Ill admire pics and be happy with that!

So at the end of the day they are NOT TRUE Aussie greens.I'm glad that has been cleared up then.

So as it stands there are only a few TRUE Aussie greens "on the books" and if they aren't bred we have no way of getting pure Aussies.I would think purchasing "legal png" or "deemed" Australian specimens is like buying a legal exotic.

Most people that know Buckley knew his greens were png.

to the administrator and moderators,thankyou for allowing this thread to run it's course.could have got ugly but didn't,so proves it can be done.

ad between YOU and bob our gtp's were sorong then aru and now sth png which you could not prove.
YOU issued a challenge YOU backed out of.
WE issued a challenge YOU backed out of.
YOU brought attention to and more than likely condemmed your friends gtp.
WE always said our animals were deemed oz of cape york[merauke] race which were,are and always will be what WE always said according to dna and a court of law.
YOU wanted to stir and teach me a lesson,YOU FAILED but in the process became a comedian and directed incredible attention/interest to our legal oz gtp's.thankyou.
YOU failed to produce this, to date imaginery link when WE asked more than once for you to do so.
YOU indirectly involved bob in this discussion which he demonstrated a lack of knowledge WITH THIS SPECIES by his inconsistent info and changing of mind.which i have been informed by ppl of equal hertological standing when it comes to gtp's knows less than he says.obvious to ppl who open there eyes.i am dissapointed in this because without knowing bob i had until now the utmost respect for the man.
YOU failed to fulfil or answer any of our questions.
YOU ACHIEVED DIDLY SQUAT MATE.
as for the visit,you know nothing about me or my knowledge of herps as i keep to myself.if you feel the need to meet i shall pm every contact detail i have to you on your request,if you are short cash i will help you with a flight.trust me, not in your best interest cause now your talkin my language.

obee

Obee,
I don't have anything against you but you are now the one doing the discrediting.

Why say you have heard about negitive dealings with Bob? what does this have to do with your greens?
I don't know Bob that well but he has always sold top quality repitles to me and everyone i know, i would back his opinion before just about anyones, i think it's sad you resorted to that kind of thing.

GRANTED YOU ARE CORRECT NOONE I WAS WRONG IN DOING THIS AS I DONT KNOW HIM AND ARE ONLY GOING ON OPINIONS AND STORIES OF OTHERS WHO HAVE DEALT WITH HIM FOR THAT I AM INDEED WRONG AND TAKE IT BACK,I OPOLOGIZE BOB FOR THIS COMMENT IT WAS UNCALLED FOR.

I gotta admit though, I'm a bit confuzzled... how did ad's mate get a true aussie gtp?

Obee,

You remind me of Ray Hoser. you can read things that are not even written.

In you last post you attack me on numerous levels, in a vein attempt to discredit my knowledge.

You state I supplied inconsistant info. Where?? I re read my posts and never changed my veiw even once.

You state I can not make up my mind re your Greens localities, yet I have never said anything other than that I believed they were PNG.

You state I have bad dealings with people which implies dishonesty. Name one time I have had a bad dealing with anyone

You state that for 20 years experience 18 hatchlings was nothing to talk about. You are wrong again. I never said 18. Read again. Maybe you should add in the ones I GAVE away and maybe there may have been some junvenille deaths that I had not mentioned. And for only 2 clutches in that time, well it is hard to breed them when they are confiscated and killed at a zoo. You mention Tim knows more than me and he outbred me with just one clutch. How many did he hatch this year. How can you claim anything on clutch sizes.

You state you have lost respect for me. Why, because I stated true facts. Well Obee, I have no respect for anyone who twists the truth to suit themselves.

Speaking of inconsistant you first state yours are True Aussie Greens with DNA tests to back it up. Now you state you were aware of Buckleys PNG in the breeding and still state they are Australian. Just because Dna could not prove beyond doubt that PNG and Aussies are different, does not make yours Australian. Merauke is in PNG, not Cape York.

I have email Greg Maxwell, who is now aware of the differences between the two colour morphs to clarify this matter. When Greg replies I will post his answer. It should be relevant as his book is quoted as the source of the one race in 2 countries.

To the readers of this thread. I appologise for the long replies but dont take kindly to personal attacks on my character or knowledge. For anyone interested re read my posts and see if Obee was correct in his comments of me, or was he just throwing as much dirt as he can hoping some will stick. This will be my last post on the matter till Greg Maxwell, one of the worlds leading experts on Green pythons gives me his view on the matter

No need to apologise for the length of replies gentlemen, I for one have learnt a heap from this thread and have found it very useful indeed.

Same here! what a battle this is turning out to be. Keep it up fellas :D

you want your inconsistancy's read them all on the other site this has now popped up on.the only consistant is what i said, don't twist things now to try and dig out of the whole you are now in.there is a lot more knowledge out there than what you know.if you want i can bring up stuff you have done and said about ppl you call friends behind there back if you want the thread to go this way.as i said i back up anything i say if you think i'm bluffing i know we can slug this out on another site.

obee

you are unable to prove anything you 2 why don't you just leave this alone caus i am truly getting sick of you talkin around in a circle to achieve nothing to justify anything you both say.all these gtp's you bred bob where are they why did gow's animals not get taken what did you do wrong for everyone around you at the time to suffer.i have a s...load of ?'sthat i have been told answers to already bet they are different to what you say.

obee

perhaps you read again bob where did i say 18 hatchlings and my pure aussie gtp in this thread.20 yrs breeding experience,rubbish,as you said yourself you could have bred hundreds in 20 yrs why didn't you.because you might have kept them for 20 yrs but bred only 2 clutches in 20 yrs.if they were confiscated the 18 adults you bred 2 clutches previous.thats 2 yrs what did you breed for the other 18.see the big gigantic hole in just this part of your story.you will never pull the wool over my eyes.i know to much about you and am not clouded by respect of an elder or experience to see the full picture.

obee

Magpie said:
I gotta admit though, I'm a bit confuzzled... how did ad's mate get a true aussie gtp?
thats why ads friendship is being strained with his mate,because ads mate didn't get a true aussie gtp and ad has brought this to the attention of the country.

obee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back