Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Farkurnell said:
There's been valid points from both sides of the table. How about we just sit back and watch and not comment on something we know nothing about?quote]

Yes, lets.

Greg,
I didn't inflame anything. As Bob was thinking of leaving, I offered some PUBLIC support (aside from all the private support I know he's received) to let him know he really is appreciated here.

Simon Archibald

Due to several requests we have received, we have decided to re-open this thread. However it will be closely monitored, and any abusive posts will result in not only the thread being locked and/or the offending posts deleted, but the offenders may have their membership cancelled if the abuse is bad enough.

I dont see the point, the debate was wether obee had 'true aussies' or hybrids. He has admitted this, hence the point has been proved and we can all move on.

What point does obee want to get across now that hasnt been covered and will make people think he has pure aussies.

Im sure Bob has finished debating, what more can he say that he hasnt already? It is not a 'best herp' contest.

I tend to agree, ad, but several members felt that locking the thread was wrong, and they felt there was more that could be said. Personally, I don't see what else there is to say on the matter, but we're willing to give it a go. If nothing productive comes out of it, we'll lock it again...... or it'll die a natural death.

simon i said deemed when the .... started getting technical. the early posts saying aussie is simply because i'm a 2 finger terror on the keyboard...lol[i don't use capitals either,just laziness nothing more] and it was simply an extra word i missed out.bob you say no mudslinging it was a mudsling by ad that started this [who doesn't keep greens either but is aloud his say] WHERE'S THAT PHANTOM US THREAD AD. YOU KEEP DODGING MATE.

of the many ppl that pm support. someone told me to approach one thing at a time with bob so he can't choose to ignore your questions and then this person said we see it, so put it like this:

IF I HAVE 2 WOMAS AND BREED THEM 1 YEAR
+
I BREED THEM 1 MORE YEAR
=
2 YEARS BREEDING AND NEVER AGAIN

IF I GET THEM CONFISCATED FOR X AMOUNT OF YEARS
LETS ASSUME 2
I GET SOME BACK AND KEEP THEM FOR 20 YRS
QUESTION:HOW MANY YEARS EXPERIENCE BREEDING DO I HAVE

ANSWER:2 YEARS BREEDING EXPERIENCE
I DIDN'T BREED FOR 20 YRS BECAUSE SAYING SO WOULD BE A .......= LIE
bob says
i have known Bob Buckley for 20 years and have shared breeding details with him over this time as we were both breeding Greens for that same period.unquote
this was pointed out to me by many ppl i do consider very knowledgable and ppl who aren't.

if you can keep a carpet healthy you can keep an adult gtp so keeping one 15 yr old animal and doing nothing further with the species is no great feat ,getting them from hatchling to adult is the difficult part.
never did i say pure oz even once,why would i.i know they aren't pure but they are deemed oz,as the above borrowed pm shows i would like to demonstrate one change of bobs story.i ? his experience thats all.

if my knockers can't see this as many ppl can from this thread.then i need pursue this nomore.
bob bred them and good on him for that,i envy him. but if and when i breed them
on only my 3rd clutch if getting the hatchlings out i will then have more experienced at breeding greens then bob,which isn't much.

obee

wilson e-mail last year, lot happened since then a mate was up there with him 3 weeks ago.
greg was dragged into it and not happy about it.
post bob's e-mail too, greg only heard one biased side and e-mail proves little.
not true about o'shea's stuff brian barnett and stuart barnes have pure aussie greens from bob,gow had his.ppl only dealing with bob had probs.
bob's foto shows 3 clear blue spots left side.
bob claims true oz gtp don't have blue.but he learned they do only last year and then changed his mind he should have known you would think.
bob bred 2 clutches and nothing else so how can he have 20 yrs breeding experience as he says,he can't impossible.
got 2 males back and kept one old animal for fifteen years so definately no expert.
not taking away confiscation time.
bob says refer to barkers book as pics of pure aussies and proper description.if you read description it states blue all the way through, foto on p125 has an animal with blue labial scales and blue line on side of head,and left corner belly scales are blue[this animal is more blue than 4 of mine. 3 have no blue at all].
bob says quote
They also lack the blue blotches and blue lines over theirbodies that the overseas one have.unquote[when bob wrote this he wasn't aware oz gtp had blue until last year]in my eyes an expert would not make this untrue statement.

obee

Obee,it's not that technical,either they are oz gtp or not.O bviously most of us aren't gtp owners,nor are we likely to see one in the wild.Tell us of the colour variation and blue specimens that have been seen.

If you have the full history of this bloodline you know wether it is oz,hybrid,or png?Can you say for sure they are true Aussie greens or are they png blood legally "deemed" Aussie?

this animal is more blue than 4 of mine. 3 have no blue at all

I wish I could take a photo to show there real colour,these photo's are very washed out.The grey you see in them is skyblue,the yellow is like jungle yellow and the green is illuminus.Glad you enjoy them.Thankyou sxe.

obee

hmmmmm no blue eh? :roll:

obee said:
simon i said deemed when the s**t started getting technical. the early posts saying aussie is simply because i'm a 2 finger terror on the keyboard...lol[i don't use capitals either,just laziness nothing more] and it was simply an extra word i missed out.

...but you said "definately aussies". The word "definately" has 10 letters. If your problems with the keyboard were so bad, surely you would've chosen to type the word "deemed" which only has 6 letters. "Deemed" also has less variety of letters so your typing wouldn't have been so stretched to it's limit had you chosen to type "deemed".

Simon Archibald

Obee
Are you trying to say that you believe that Bobs greens weren"t Aussie?
And are you saying that you don't believe O'shea confiscated them at one point?
Cheers Dave Mackintosh

simon i did say them , because the 3 foto's posted by sxereturn were of the 2 blue animals that i have. 2 fotos are of one and the other of the animal eating is the second animal.hence them.don't try to dig simon, i have simple answers mate i'm not hiding anything from anyone.

simon when i said definately,it was the second post of mine i think, and yes according to the law they are definately aussies and on my licence as such not png legal. definately, meant they were here in qld on a normal licence like all our other aussie herps.i guess if i new at my second post the thread would go this way,i would have elaborated, in reference to the licence they are kept under.some ppl have them on international licences up here and yes browns as already established there was a sus animal in the background generations back we new that.that is one animal, what was it bred to, an oz ?.so you can say they are png legal if you want but the fact is that can't be proven even by dna. to be png legal,and would be an untrue statement.and as i have pointed out bob doesn't have the experience to say so.

obee

obee

no dave i have never said bob's weren't oz or believed they weren't .the only time i did was in reference to bobs foto under his definition of what constituted the look of an oz green.he said they don't have blue, but i can see blue. pointed out to me in a pm.in the foto he posted.i know oz's can have blue,but bob didn't until last year.
if anyone can prove that my animals are 100% png and not of any oz origin, then please tell me.ppl have tried even at a dna level and failed yet bob could in 2 seconds despite not knowing oz's even had blue.the first thing i teach ppl when removing snakes from houses don't judge any snake by it's colour or a foto in a book every herpo knows that.my foto's were in my loungeroom held up in the flouro very pore quality as i said.

obee

oh and sorry dave,i do know they were confiscated,ray field told me the whole bob whithey story.at his house one day.

obee

Obee,

I don't have the book everyone is refering to, so if the answer to the following questions is detailed in the book, then please excuse my ignorance.

Why can't DNA be used to distinguish between Australian and PNG animals and, leading on from that, is Australian/PNG DNA distinguishable from that of other populations?

Hix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back