Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was considering flying from Bizzy to C the expo.. I notice that all the talk for or against is from victorians... did anyone interstate fly or dive to the expo...interested in their comments

I was considering flying from Bizzy to C the expo.. I notice that all the talk for or against is from victorians... did anyone interstate fly or dive to the expo...interested in their comments

mciver said:
"it just felt like I was at one big reptile shop... " What were you expecting Kendo? Fish?

Paul

errr .. i am referrring to the fact it was meant to be an "expo" .. much the same as there is a melbourne motor show.. which is an expo of cars..

if you went there and all you saw was ten car yards in one place selling cars.. wouldnt you feel a little let down?..

i went alont expecting to see some exciting reptiles and venomous species and hopefully learning a thing or 2.. instead, it was basically.. reptile shops around melbourne with their stock under the one roof.. which is why i felt it was more like a swap meet than anything else..

i thought ppl were bringing along their own private reptiles to display aswell.. not just commercial enthusiasts...

anyway, im not saying it was crap.. i just expected more.. sorry for being honest!

even one of the guys selling stuff said it wasnt much other than a swap meet ...

Oh I see....so then what (by your definition) is an exciting reptile??

I can see where kendrick is coming from, I also expected a lot more reptile displays, but it wasn't in anyway disappointing for me.

i saw green tree pythons , womas, bhps ,blue phase gts,scorpions that glow, albino pythons huge scrubby and crocs and dragons and monitors....tara moss :) :) :)
they said no ven right from the start :(
it was great mate

buffy said:

:wink: you may have to wait for those from interstate to get back home before they come on APS to comment?

I met quite a few inter-staters, some of which had previously bought animals from me and we got to meet face to face :D :D
I thought that it was pretty great for the first one, and I would have had beardies there for sale, but unfortunately it's the wrong time of year for them.... But I have adjusted their year accordingly for the 07 expo ;) :D
I was really impressed also by the amount of people who came along - we were all kept busy, that's for sure!!
But yes, I think that next year, there will be much more private breeders (By the way Kendrick, Russel Grant and Neil Sonnemon are private breeders, not commercial) and interstate breeders. CAN'T WAIT!! :D
Congrats again to the organisers - you've done well!
Bex

Thankyou too all, next year will be bigger and better, just wait and see :)

Already got some big people lined up, which we will release when the time is right.

Kendrick: If you read the D.S.E guidlines which are still on the V.H.S site you would know that no venomous snakes were allowed on the day. So what did you expect?

i went and enjoyed myself, was interested in neils female childreni but unfortunately didnt have enough money with me, now if i didnt pay my telephone bill i would have been right ..lol

great day out, enjoyed myself, although im very shy so i didnt meet anyone from here :( spoke to neil but that was about it

Thanks for all the feedback guys and gals :) Keep it coming as we need it to make next years bigger and better and to give people what they want in an expo :) I must say that hearing all these positive replies makes all the hard work in organising the event worthwhile. :)

I think Baz pretty much summed that up there lol. What's an "exciting" reptile kendrick? An albino scrubby perhaps? Or tri striped Ackies? How about a purple olive? :roll:

I think it went pretty well! I was really happy with how many people went and I saw quite a few people there from first thing in the morning right to the end...they didn't seem to want to leave lol. Next year is definitely going to be even better so I can't wait for that one!

One of the highlights for me was meeting John Weigel!!!!! I was so glad he came :D. Tara Moss was very nice too...I like when celebrities introduce themselves by actually using their names instead of just assuming you know them cos they're famous. Russell Grant is such a top guy...we didn't make it through the day without a few purchases from him lol. Roy Pail's display was absolutely amazing...the entire back wall was covered with enclosures filled with animals (more than one to each enclosure) and at one stage in the morning the click clacks with babies was piled up so high on the tables in front that you could only just see the banks of enclosures behind them...very impressive! And Russell's Scrubby is oh so cool...the enclosure was only for a day and he seemed happy enough in there to me!

Was really nice meeting a few people too...sorry for being "freaky" Larks :lol: ;)

it was great. pitty i only made it for the last 3 hours or so. was great to see everybody and there were so many beautiful reptiles on display! the blue phase, GTSes the gtps were also stunning, the little salty and i got to see some species i had only seen in pics.
can't wait till next year :p

andrew

OuZo said:
One of the highlights for me was meeting John Weigel!!!!! I was so glad he came :D. ;)

:wink: I agree it was nice to see John again! Ouzo didn't you meet him when he gave a talk at the VHS a couple years back?

It was interesting to visit with Greg Fyfe so much too, he was enjoying himself!

The organzer from the Sydney Wild Expo really loved the way this expo was set up and told us he wants to make the next Sydney Expo more along the lines of the one we had today! So hats off to the organizers once more, well done! :D :D

Judy

Gotta take the bad with the good, it wasnt 2 bad but i thought there was a serious lack of displayers/sellers, was like 5 petshops n a couple ov breeders under 1 roof....Highlite tho was seeing Russell's scrubby and his adorable jungles...hopefully next year will b better

As the president of the society I would just publically like to thank the most important people behind this event, my committee!!! With wich i would not have pulled this off alone. Thanks for all those long unpaid hours you put in. I think we did great. A lot of people on these forums do not realise that we do not get compensated for the hours we put in. Its a labour of love for which we get very little thanks most of the time. I am glad all you enjoyed it. It was good seeing John Weigel again too. Did not get a chance to speak to Greg Fyfe and some of the others. People would have recognised the faces of big name if they had been in the business for a while!!!! As for species there on the day. I can guarantee you there were some nice stuff if you knew what you were looking at!!! But we would like to improve the next one and that means we need to find out what we could do different so its better next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back